Food lines across the nation report not having enough food for the needy...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Yet while watching people drive through the food line preparing to beg for food i noticed a few things....

Lexus
Audi
Hummers
BRAND NEW SUV's
Range Rovers

Seriously people? WHAT THE FUCK???

These people don't need food, they need a knock on their damn heads. Maybe if they didn't buy 60k or more vehicles they could you know....FEED THEIR FAMILIES.

Makes it REALLY HARD to justify giving money or food to ANY organization that doesn't make sure it goes to actual poor people. And no, if you have a 70k audi you are not poor.

Yet while watching people drive through the food line preparing to beg for food i noticed a few things....

Lexus
Audi
Hummers
BRAND NEW SUV's
Range Rovers

These people don't need food, they need a knock on their damn heads. Maybe if they didn't buy 60k or more vehicles they could you know....FEED THEIR FAMILIES.

Makes it REALLY HARD to justify giving money or food to ANY organization that doesn't make sure it goes to actual poor people. And no, if you have a 70k audi you are not poor.
Of course you did. People are out of work because if the failed Covid response. So they leased or bought cars when they were working. Someone smarter than you would understand that.

Noticed exactly the same thing. One after another, late model SUVs (even an AUDI) and pickup trucks lining for hours to get free food. My advice to those people is this: sell your late model car or truck, buy a ten year old Toyota Corolla, and feed tour family!

Priorities people, priorities!

• Banned

Lexus
Audi
Hummers
BRAND NEW SUV's
Range Rovers

Of course you did. People are out of work because if the failed Covid response. So they leased or bought cars when they were working. Someone smarter than you would understand that.

..years ago I had some lady walking in the parking lot asking for $$$$$......I never gave her anything......then one time I saw her getting into a better car than I had.......and I read about the same thing happening some years ago
....however, if they lost their jobs, I can understand it......but I would think not all of those did

Lexus
Audi
Hummers
BRAND NEW SUV's
Range Rovers

did you stop to think that those people have those cars because they were ABLE to afford them when they had their jobs, but have lost them since covid?

• Banned
Noticed exactly the same thing. One after another, late model SUVs (even an AUDI) and pickup trucks lining for hours to get free food. My advice to those people is this: sell your late model car or truck, buy a ten year old Toyota Corolla, and feed tour family!

Exactly!

When the economy crashed in 08 I sold my brand new 1 ton Ford and paid cash for an older Dodge in anticipation of a major decline in work. Wisest decision i made based on how things went. Saved me tens of thousands over a few years.

hard to sell a car when people can't afford to buy them due to THEIR own joblessness.

Exactly!

When the economy crashed in 08 I sold my brand new 1 ton Ford and paid cash for an older Dodge in anticipation of a major decline in work. Wisest decision i made based on how things went. Saved me tens of thousands over a few years.

was the unemployment numbers the same in '08 as it is now?

hard to sell a car when people can't afford to buy them due to THEIR own joblessness.
Not hard at all. I did it.

Hint:
Not everyone hits hard times. In fact some flourish.

Exactly!

was the unemployment numbers the same in '08 as it is now?
TrueCar projects that U.S. revenue from new vehicle sales will reach more than $48 billion for October 2020, up 0.4%

You people need to stop TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS

Exactly!

The COVID-19 outbreak and the economic downturn it engendered swelled the ranks of unemployed Americans by more than 14 million, from 6.2 million in February to 20.5 million in May 2020. As a result, the U.S. unemployment rate shot up from 3.8% in February – among the lowest on record in the post-World War II era – to 13.0% in May. That rate was the era’s second highest, trailing only the level reached in April (14.4%).

The rise in the number of unemployed workers due to COVID-19 is substantially greater than the increase due to the Great Recession, when the number unemployed increased by 8.8 million from the end of 2007 to the beginning of 2010. The Great Recession, which officially lasted from December 2007 to June 2009, pushed the unemployment rate to a peak of 10.6% in January 2010, considerably less than the rate currently, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of government data.

Unemployment rose higher in three months of COVID-19 than it did in two years of the Great Recession

Yet while watching people drive through the food line preparing to beg for food i noticed a few things....Seriously people? WHAT THE FUCK???

I like you Gramps, you make me laugh. You see things clearly. You see the irony of people waiting in food lines with expensive, new SUVs. I bet they could buy a lot of food if they SOLD those cars and bought a cheap used one! And here they are looking for a handout.

This is the America liberal-progressiveness has created. Probably all Biden voters like MarcATL. This thread sounds a lot like another thread I have to laugh at where I just got told I'm an asshole because I told some idiot they whine too much and don't know what real problems are.

They are all on some thread feeling sorry for each other right now looking for empathy because a couple of them feel under the weather and had to take a few paid sick days off while other people are dealing with far greater problems! People are dying out there and their problem is they had to use up a few sick days they wanted to save? :smoke:

I guess that's the difference between people:
  • Some people make deep sacrifices to get by while others sit in food lines looking for a handout from others.
  • Some people tough out whatever life throws at them without so much as a complaint while others need emotional support for a few achy joints.
One type of person is an innate survivor finding support from within, while the other type of person is an innate DEPENDENT subsisting off the charity of others.

Last edited:

Exactly!

The COVID-19 outbreak and the economic downturn it engendered swelled the ranks of unemployed Americans by more than 14 million, from 6.2 million in February to 20.5 million in May 2020. As a result, the U.S. unemployment rate shot up from 3.8% in February – among the lowest on record in the post-World War II era – to 13.0% in May. That rate was the era’s second highest, trailing only the level reached in April (14.4%).

The rise in the number of unemployed workers due to COVID-19 is substantially greater than the increase due to the Great Recession, when the number unemployed increased by 8.8 million from the end of 2007 to the beginning of 2010. The Great Recession, which officially lasted from December 2007 to June 2009, pushed the unemployment rate to a peak of 10.6% in January 2010, considerably less than the rate currently, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of government data.

Unemployment rose higher in three months of COVID-19 than it did in two years of the Great Recession
And as I just posted NEW car sales were up .04% year over year for October.

Apparently sales were up year over year for September too.

Meanwhile retailers expect record sales this black Friday as well.

Not the doom & gloom the left are expecting & promoting.

Lexus
Audi
Hummers
BRAND NEW SUV's
Range Rovers

Its almost absurd as a billionaire paying $750 in taxes. Right?

Forum List

Back