Follow the rules...or else.

Obedience training.

Not quite sure how that works in the long run, if a business has it's water/electric turned off, that increases the likelihood of it going out of business....which means less income for the city. Are these fricken clowns putting any thought into what they're doing.

California...that special place. Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Wednesday he will authorize the city to shut off power and water services at homes and other private venues that are accused of hosting “unpermitted” parties and gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic.

LA Mayor Eric Garcetti to cut water and power of homes hosting large parties

If its a party at an A-List celebrity's home in LA, I wonder if he'll cut of the power to their homes? Or if its a home in a big minority neighborhood like South Central or East LA?

Hearing about the tyrannical insanity in many parts of the world is making me feel glad to live in Mexico. Ironically, it is more free here than the US.

80 degrees in LA today.

No power for bad little subjects of the Commie Government there.

What about people who are on 02 via electric Oxygen Concentrators?

What about the folks suffering from COPD?

This is the Left's vision for their Communist America.

OBEY liberals or be PUNISHED!! That's how popular liberal policies are with the people, they have to FORCE you to COMPLY. :auiqs.jpg:
These are progressives. There is nothing liberal about what they're doing.

I wouldn't use the word "progressive" either.
I'm not saying that because of my feelings about the words. These are the labels of particular ideologies/value structures. The ideology these people are pushing is called progressivism. How appropriate it is for that set of goofy ideas to have "progress" in its name is a different conversation entirely, and one I suspect we'd agree on.

OBEY liberals or be PUNISHED!! That's how popular liberal policies are with the people, they have to FORCE you to COMPLY. :auiqs.jpg:
These are progressives. There is nothing liberal about what they're doing.

I wouldn't use the word "progressive" either.
I'm not saying that because of my feelings about the words. These are the labels of particular ideologies/value structures. What the people pushing this nonsense are called is progressives. Liberalism is about the sanctity of the individual, at its base.

I agree with you about the true meaning of the world liberalism. My point what that they shouldn't be called "progressive" either, because that word implies progress. Their ideology is not about true progress imo, so why honor them by going along with a misleading word?

Better to call them what they are, statists.

Not quite sure how that works in the long run, if a business has it's water/electric turned off, that increases the likelihood of it going out of business....which means less income for the city. Are these fricken clowns putting any thought into what they're doing.

They're liberals, they CAN NOT put "thought" into what they're doing.

All disease spreaders should be isolated without regard to race, sex, religion, ethnicity, or anything else, and should be treated as social pariahs thereafter.

So we are to obey right-wingers? Are we all to obey trump and graham and falwell???

They're liberals, they CAN NOT put "thought" into what they're doing.

That's funny....but not funny.

he will authorize the city to shut off power and water services at homes and other private venues that are accused of hosting “unpermitted” parties and gatherings

Authorize the city to turn off water and electricity to paid up customers? That's not very American. Nor constitutional.

What if the person living there needs water and electricity to live? Special medical equipment, AC, etc.?

No water, no toilets, no drinking, no AC, food all spoiled, no heating, no cooking, seems pretty draconian for having a party. But I get it. Eric, you gotta DO what you gotta DO to punish venues having unauthorized large gatherings! Here are a few others you need to add to that list to shut down all water and power for allowing large public gatherings:
  1. Chicago
  2. Detroit
  3. Los Angeles
  4. Minneapolis
  5. New York City
  6. Portland
If you won't do it, maybe Trump ought to!

All disease spreaders should be isolated without regard to race, sex, religion, ethnicity, or anything else, and should be treated as social pariahs thereafter.

So we are to obey right-wingers? Are we all to obey trump and graham and falwell???

Wow, really?! Have any of them threatened to cut off your water or electricity?

I agree with you about the true meaning of the world liberalism. My point what that they shouldn't be called "progressive" either, because that word implies progress. Their ideology is not about true progress imo, so why honor them by letting them use a misleading word?

Better to call them what they are, statists.

I've been saying that for years, I call them regressives. Unless your objective is widespread poverty, social decay, increased crime, abysmal government service, and reduced standards of living for everyone beneath the ruling class liberalism does not create a circumstance where anything is improved.

Forum List

Back