Folks Who Worship Ancient Gods

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
They are either ignorant or they were totally brainwashed when they were infants or small children. PERIOD!!

They are either ignorant or they were totally brainwashed when they were infants or small children. PERIOD!!

would 2000 years be considered....ancient? I sure think so.

Goat herders who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. They believed every myth, legend, old wives tales, etc. Think about it for a minute...Virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, rasing from the dead, speaking in unknown tongues, feeding 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves...then to add insult to it they gathered 12 baskets of leftovers.

Now...add hanging a man on a tree and bleeding him like a hog only to see him two days later fit as a fiddle. BULLSHIT!

Here's what Thomas Jefferson wrote:

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding” —Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Last edited:

Goat herders who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. They believed every myth, legend, old wives tales, etc. Think about it for a minute...Virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, rasing from the dead, speaking in unknown tongues, feeding 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves...then to add insult to it they gathered 12 baskets of leftovers.

Now...add hanging a man on a tree and bleeding him like a hog only to see him two days later fit as a fiddle.

Bullshit.

So you are talking about christianity.

If you're referring to pagan gods worshipped by the likes of the Greeks, Romans and Celts, then I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I find the whole subject immensely fascinating.

On a similar note. After reading about the Egyptian philosopher Hypatia and what she and her fellow scholars endured at the hands of the newly emancipated Christians (they were the ones who destroyed the Library at Alexandria), I couldn't help wonder if the human race would've been better-off if Christianity had never appeared in he first place. In short, worshipping pagan gods didn't demand that you limit exploring ideas because they offended the gods. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Last edited:
If you're referring to pagan gods worshipped by the likes of the Greeks, Romans and Celts, then I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I find the whole subject immensely fascinating.

On a similar note. After reading about the Egyptian philosopher Hypatia and what she and her fellow scholars endured at the hands of the newly emancipated Christians (they were the ones who destroyed the Library at Alexandria), I couldn't help wonder if the human race would've been better-off if Christianity had never appeared in he first place. In short, worshipping pagan gods didn't demand that you limit exploring ideas because they offended the gods. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Absolutely!

Witch killing, the Crusades, The Inquisitions, Slavery, the submission of women, child molestation etc. The scripture they used to justify their escapades is still there but when society rejected it they quit mentioning it. It's all about Sunday morning attendance and donations you know.

Why? The old Gods are just as valid as the new Gods. Only less popular!

Now...add hanging a man on a tree and bleeding him like a hog only to see him two days later fit as a fiddle. BULLSHIT!

Here's what Thomas Jefferson wrote:

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding” —Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823
people witnessed these events !!! why do you think people in that time followed him !!!

"that's called a tampon Hera....!"
GreekGoddessesAphrodite2.jpg

If you are interested in truth, you might want to do some research. Before Christianity, there were always battles for this territory or that. Rulers made rules for the oppressed; they did not have the same set of rules.
Because of Christianity, people came together, and worked to improve governments, and society (if not for "God given rights", where would any of us be?). Where there is a faithful Christian community, there is productivity, and community building. Please look at those places where the Lord is outright rejected, or another god is embraced. What do you see? Deceit, destruction, death, devestatation, all at the hands of the "leaders" (or their minions).

Yes, there were some terrible things that happened under the guise of Christianity; but overall, there was improvement in living conditions and standards, based off the "Christian morals" (Judeo-based). Take a good look at the people worshipping "different gods". Who would you want to live beside you if you had children, that liked to go outside and play, a faithful Christian, or someone that believes in other gods, and that rights are granted by men (they have the ability to take your children's rights)? I know the answer, though I don't expect one from you that is heartfelt.

Absolutely!

Witch killing, the Crusades, The Inquisitions, Slavery, the submission of women, child molestation etc. The scripture they used to justify their escapades is still there but when society rejected it they quit mentioning it. It's all about Sunday morning attendance and donations you know.

How many millions were murdered, tortured, brainwashed by the "atheist" communists? How many children are molested under islam (honor killings ring a bell, or "dancing boys)? Sunday morning attendance is for those that profit from that attendance. The attendees, they are looking for the grace of the Lord, a gift from the Holy Spirit, that beats any self-help book or drug. Many of them go, to ask for help to overcome their temptations, and sinful ways. People that don't believe, have no effective way to deal with evil or temptations. If you have ever been face to face with evil, and called on the Lord, only to watch evil turn tail and run, you will not, or cannot understand.

Forum List

Back