What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOB, OK?

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Fishing boat?

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Reaction score
The Mom is kinda' hot! I'd never watch the show though.

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as an Asian-American. To suppose that there is requires that you lump together Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Cambodian, Thai, Taiwanese, Philippine, and a dozen other ethnicities, and pretend that they are one homogeneous group.

Further, to most "Americans," they ARE one homogeneous group. When I point out to my wife that a Korean is portraying a Chinese person, or a Japanese person is portraying a Vietnamese, she looks at me like I'm crazy. "What's the difference?"

But the ethnicities are all different, as are the cultures and in most cases, the main modes of immigration, acculturation, and assimilation. Thus, there is no "typical" story for an Asian family or sub-community.

Every family story is different. Chinese railroad workers. Korean Grocers. Indian motel owners. Indian academics and professionals. Chinese laundry owners and restauranteurs. Vietnamese fishermen. Philippine nurses. Chinese academics and doctors.

Which one is "typical Asian"?

rcfieldz

VIP Member
Reaction score

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$201.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List