Flying cars are bad news !!

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
We don’t need then !!
First , you would see a skyrocketing rate of death from accidents and collisions . Second , it would be very difficult to land . Thirdly , it would make an insane amount of noise

It only works if you had super conductor High ways of magnetism

We actually have flying cars
It’s called the subway or a helicopter

You need to get out more.
000001.gif

Individual point to point transportation would provide a freedom as never before experienced. When it can be done quietly and safely, it will be marvelous.
Borders, however, will dissolve.
Overpowered, overweight vehicles are bad news.

Flying is fine. The idea of what Americans consider necessary in a "car" flying is a nightmare.

We don’t need then !!
First , you would see a skyrocketing rate of death from accidents and collisions . Second , it would be very difficult to land . Thirdly , it would make an insane amount of noise

It only works if you had super conductor High ways of magnetism

We actually have flying cars
It’s called the subway or a helicopter
We need them and they will come. At least for certain parts of our trips. The reason is economics:
Construct a new 2-lane undivided road – about $2 million to $3 million per mile in rural areas, about $3 million to $5 million in urban areas. Construct a new 4-lane highway — $4 million to $6 million per mile in rural and suburban areas, $8 million to $10 million per mile in urban areas.​
And then you have to maintain them. In cities roads are necessary, in rural areas, not so much.

Flying cars will take us from our homes to the nearest town transportation hub where we will switch to long distance carriers, trains or planes. They will be expensive to own and have sitting in our driveway 90% of the time so we'll ride share, like an Uber. Also they will have to be completely automated to be safe but that will be true of all forms of transportation above bikes or scooters.

I actually see a time in the near future where new roads that are constructed will have superconductive magnets embedded in them to provide the electricity for EVs and that the roads will broadcast to these cars information such as traffic ahead, road conditions (if necessary), the required speed limit enforced by software, and a functioning map for all roads that this new form of transportation is connected too.

This would alleviate traffic jams, wasted time in transportation to and from home, and most importantly.

Deaths due to human error.

I actually see a time in the near future where new roads that are constructed will have superconductive magnets embedded in them to provide the electricity for EVs and that the roads will broadcast to these cars information such as traffic ahead, road conditions (if necessary), the required speed limit enforced by software, and a functioning map for all roads that this new form of transportation is connected too.

This would alleviate traffic jams, wasted time in transportation to and from home, and most importantly.

I think you're wrong about magnets, it's too expensive and has the chicken and egg problem. More likely will be standardization of batteries that you could swap out for long trips.

I think you're wrong about magnets, it's too expensive and has the chicken and egg problem. More likely will be standardization of batteries that you could swap out for long trips.
I disagree. The energy problem could easily be solved with strategic placement of dedicated nuclear power generators. Dedicated being that they serve one purpose. To power their assigned section of the road.

The reason I think magnets are a better source of transfer of power is the third rail issue of exposed high voltage where people can accidentally be exposed to.

Forum List

Back