1644197287161.png

Sorry bout that,

1. I love the idea of flying cars.
2. And they are HERE!
3. READ:This Flying Car Is Now Officially Approved to Take to the Skies

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

View attachment 598094

For much longer than I've been alive, there has always been at least one company claiming to be just on the verge of putting a “flying car” on the market.

The term has often been understood to refer to a vehicle that one can take off and land in one's own driveway, and in the parking lot of his workplace, shopping center, or wherever else one needs to go.

Many prototypes have been created, of a more loosely-called “flying car”, that is basically a car that can be converted into an airplane and back, which can be driven on roads, but needs a runway to take off of land. There is really nothing new about this one. It's just a modern version of a concept that has been toyed with and occasionally built since the early 20th century.

Pictured here, the Curtis Autoplane, built in 1917, widely regarded as the first attempt at a roadable aircraft.

1644199821118.png

One thing that I do not expect that anyone now alive will live to see is a “flying car” that can legally be operated without a full pilot's license. There's just too much more that one needs by way of skill and knowledge, to safely operate an aircraft, than what one needs to operate a land-bound vehicle. Also, the consequences of anything going wrong, either by pilot-error, or by mechanical failure, are much greater.

Last edited:
I have no objections to a "flying car" if ... the licensing and training regulations currently in place for a pilot license are not weakened to create a dumb-down flying car version of licensing.

A flying car is nothing more than a plane that taxis well in traffic.

I imagine it will only be a toy for the wealthy for quite some time...
Hell, regular cars are getting outrageously expensive.

Sorry bout that,

1. I was wondering can this car/plane deploy its wings real fast, like 10 seconds, and take off from any common freeway?
2. And land on different freeway and retract its wings just as fast and continue driving along, like nothing just happened.
2.(a) Without skipping a beat.
2. (b) And if its easy to fly as it is to drive a car, even a moron can do it like moonglow, all the better.
3. If so it has a huge potential, where do I invest?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back