Fly it High

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
From a poster on another site. What would you have said/done?

I have a flag the flies 24/7 AND new neighbors from California. They came by yesterday and asked me AGAIN to take it down as it made them uncomfortable. They seemed to be shocked by MY comments and went home.

I would have asked them why it made them uncomfortable. Not because it'd actually change anything, but because I was curious.

I'd also suggest Canada as a viable living alternative, completely American flag-free.

Id be curious why it made them uncomfortable too.

We are talking about an American flag here? I mean if it was a confederate flag, I think i can understand more easily why it could make people uncomfortable. But the stars and stripes?

Well girls, and boys, here in the "hinder lands", almost everyone flys the Stars, and Bars 24/7.

I'd hate to think what would happen if someone said such a thing.:dev1:

I'll check and see why they were uncomfortable.

Here's his reply...

They seem to be ashamed of our flag. I told them I didn't give a rats ass and asked them to get off my property. The guy said "he hoped nothing happened to my flag". I told him "I hope nothing happens to it either, because I'm holding him personally responsible for it's safety".

They seem to be ashamed of our flag. I told them I didn't give a rats ass and asked them to get off my property. The guy said "he hoped nothing happened to my flag". I told him "I hope nothing happens to it either, because I'm holding him personally responsible for it's safety".

Damn. With a threat like that from the scumbag, he's lucky he left the guys property breathing. IT would have taken alot for me to not punch him square in the face.

Takes all kinds.

It would be worth the expense to rent a U-Haul, park it in front of these displaced Kalifornian's house, leave a note suggesting they "pack it up".

Might be a good time to "sight" in your rifle.:firing:

Takes all kinds.

It would be worth the expense to rent a U-Haul, park it in front of these displaced Kalifornian's house, leave a note suggesting they "pack it up".

Might be a good time to "sight" in your rifle.:firing:

Accually he’s an avid shooter and owns more than a few guns, conceal carries too..:D

In what way? People like that DO exist, y'know.
I heard that Mr. P said that someone he knew told him that someone said this about that. :gross2:

I don't doubt the stupidity of some people in this country; all I'm saying is the story is becoming quite convenient. Urban legendish. But I don't know this guy, so maybe it actually happened.

I heard that Mr. P said that someone he knew told him that someone said this about that. :gross2:

I don't doubt the stupidity of some people in this country; all I'm saying is the story is becoming quite convenient. Urban legendish. But I don't know this guy, so maybe it actually happened.

LOL, It was a post by a member on another board, Clay. Can I prove it really happened? No.

Shortly after 9/11, one of my neighbors painted his garage door as a US flag. The neighborhood Nazis went berserk. Personally, that's a bit too gaudy for my taste, BUT the fact remains his proerty, his house, his garage door; yet, someone can tell him what to paint on it.

Now one could argue that following the association's rules is prerequisite to living in this subdivsion. And I'm cool with that.

But what about the Mexican guy who has a full-size Mexican flag tacked to his garage door and it's been there going on a year? Why is it okay to be anything BUT American?

Forum List

Back