Floyd verdict thread (moments away)

Even Fox News is saying he was guilty.
Well he is...sadly it will be overturned on appeal due to the comments by the Dems...Mad Max especially....we'll have to do it all again...
Hopefully not.
I woudn't be surprised if the DA offers a plea then....folks forget that early on he was willing to plea to the 3rd Degree Murder charge. But at the time the DA didn't think that was enough.
LOL

The DA won. Why on Earth would they offer a deal??
Instead of putting the family, city and taxpayers through another jury trial....moreover you never know what a second jury would do
Who says there's gonna be another trial? It's not a slam dunk Waters will cause one.
I said there was...and you responded...I thought that was what we were talking about
Sorry, my bad. I thought you meant Waters would cause another trial.

At any rate, there are no deals coming. DA's don't have to make deals after they win.
I will add that there is still hope for a Chauvin deal as slim as it is. It would work like this: Chauvin appeals. The appellate courts find a mistrial. The state does not want to go through another trial. They offer a plea to avoid a retrial. Very slim chance that the state would agree to a plea bargain rather than a retrial even in the event of a mistrial ruling, but not out of the realm of possibility either.

It would be tough. The knowledge that you people will riot and destroy more black peoples' property is a strong deterrent to the justice system working as it's designed.
and with a powerful Congresswoman making the threat...that's very real....now I think the jury was sequestered by the time Xiden and Nancy backed her up on her calls for violence....but still, her threats alone could be enough to reverse the verdict and order a new trial. If the Appeals Court doesn't, tragically I think this conviction will be tainted by Mad Max's threats
It's only tainted if the jury heard what she said.
and we won't have any idea for sure.
No, we don't. That's why I said a mistrial is not the slam dunk some here seem to think it is.
A mistrial is out the window on appeal....the Court looks to see if their is reversable error...and remains for a new trial. That's not the same, or the same standard as a mistrial, which happens during trial

Let's ask legal expert DrLove, who thinks the defense can ask for an "appeal to dismiss" before the trial is over. LOL!

Would “mistrial” work better than “dismissal” loon? They essentially work in the same manner you know (well actually, you don’t ;-)
if the case was dismissed they couldn’t retry the case.
Of course they could.

Quick verdict. Looks like Nig-Nog celebration day.
Have to wait for an appeal for a mistrial.

The Nig-Nogs will get their asses kissed today.

Stay classy, Trumpsters.

The US has lost its class pandering to the Black scum. The officer did nothing wrong dealing with this street thug and he is being lynched because of racial hatred from the Negroes. Shame!
The only scum is the racist right.

SFTU racist.

Every time the American system is ignored and violence is used for intimidation you say it is an excuse. What is your excuse for supporting this kind of justice?

I don't support violence used for intimidation.

I also don't support police officers who needlessly murder someone in their custody.
He murdered no one. Floyd died of a drug overdose. Facts do not matter anymore. That is not justice.
Says the willfully ignorant one who admitted that he did not watch the trial and listen to the evidence. No matter, it would not have penitrated your biased blinders

Even Fox News is saying he was guilty.
Well he is...sadly it will be overturned on appeal due to the comments by the Dems...Mad Max especially....we'll have to do it all again...
Hopefully not.
I woudn't be surprised if the DA offers a plea then....folks forget that early on he was willing to plea to the 3rd Degree Murder charge. But at the time the DA didn't think that was enough.
LOL

The DA won. Why on Earth would they offer a deal??
Instead of putting the family, city and taxpayers through another jury trial....moreover you never know what a second jury would do
Who says there's gonna be another trial? It's not a slam dunk Waters will cause one.
I said there was...and you responded...I thought that was what we were talking about
Sorry, my bad. I thought you meant Waters would cause another trial.

At any rate, there are no deals coming. DA's don't have to make deals after they win.
That's what I said...as the Judge said, Water threats of violence if the their wasn't a guilty verdict could lead to a new trial...at which time I could see the DA offering a deal.

Obvoiusly, they won't offer a deal until that happens
"Could."

We'll see. To prevail, the defense has to prove the jury was tainted by Waters' threats.
well no they don't have to prove that. They simply have to show that the jury could have been tainted by her threats of violence. They don't actually have to have testimony from the jurors.
Uh, no, they have to have evidence of jury tampering. Otherwise, every trial would end in mistrial... uh, your Honor, CNN ran a story about my client... mistrial now!
I never said anything about jury tampering. Jury tampering is a crime. An appealable issue, and one that can reverse a trial or somethign in the case doesn't have to be a crime.

This isn't merely a news network running a story...but if a juror did watch the story, it could grounds for a mistrial.

Mad Max threatened violence, in a city that has been torn by riots, if the jurors didn't return a certain verdict.
You're right, "jury tampering" is a crime and the wrong term. They still have to offer some evidence the jury was influenced by it. At this time, I don't know they have any evidence anyone on the jury even heard what she said. I didn't watch the trial but I'd be surprised if the jury [edit: wasn't] instructed from the beginning to avoid the news.
They do not have to prove the jury actually heard it. They don't have to get disposition from jury members. Jurors don't have to talk at all. They only have to show that they could have been
Not true. It's a court of law. Of course evidence is needed. On what grounds could they possibly win an appeal if they can't show Waters' moronic words tainted the jury? The judge already dismissed their motion for a mistrial. Their only chance now is at the appellate courts
it’s an appeals court. They don’t bring in new evidence. They use the record. They Court find the Court errored in not grant ring a mistrial and reserve, thus giving a new trial.
I didn't say they do. But they do need evidence to win an appeal. By win an appeal, I mean to be granted one. They have to appeal on grounds that Waters' comments tainted the jury...

Potential grounds for appeal in a criminal case include legal error, juror misconduct and ineffective assistance of counsel. Legal errors may result from improperly admitted evidence, incorrect jury instructions, or lack of sufficient evidence to support a guilty verdict. To grant the appeal, the appellate court must find that these errors affected the outcome of the case. If the errors would not have changed the verdict, they are considered harmless, and the conviction will stand.

If they can't show the jury wasn't swayed by Waters, there's no reason they'll get an appeal. AR least not on those grounds.
yep and they got a great case that the judge errored in not granting the mistrial or the numerous request to sequester the jury.

And....you didn't watch the trial........it should have been not guilty on all charges. Floyd had 3 blocked coronary arteries, had over 3X the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system and had meth in his system as well...

And ruled a homicide.

Like I've been telling you and like you've failed to explain.

If you would have bothered to understand what the medical examiner said, then you might not be as surprised as you are now.

Homicide was a medical finding, not a legal one. The medical examiner found no injuries to the neck or back, and no signs of hypoxia. Floyd was in bad health and the the drugs and the stress of his resistance killed him. This travesty should be overturned on appeal.

The minute they allowed the first Negro on the jury is was certain the officer was never going to get a fair trial.

The Negroes learned a great lesson.

All they have to do is burn, loot, riot and murder and the White Guilt pukes and stupid Moon Bats will give them anything they want. Hell the sonofabitches got trillions in the Covid bills. Trillion more coming.

Shame on America!
You're a fucking idiot! There were more white people than blacks on the jury. How do you explain that ? Do you understans what a jury of your peers means ? What the fuck is your understanding of how the criminal justice system is supposed to work? Should there be no white people on a jury when a black person is tried? Think you fucking dolt!

And....you didn't watch the trial........it should have been not guilty on all charges. Floyd had 3 blocked coronary arteries, had over 3X the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system and had meth in his system as well...

And ruled a homicide.

If you would have bothered to understand what the medical examiner said, then you might not be as surprised as you are now.

Homicide was a medical finding, not a legal one. The medical examiner found no injuries to the neck or back, and no signs of hypoxia. Floyd was in bad health and the the drugs and the stress of his resistance killed him. This travesty should be overturned on appeal.

Murder is a legal finding and it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the cop was resonsible for Floyd'd desth. Deal with it.

And ruled a homicide.

Murder is a legal finding and it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the cop was resonsible for Floyd'd desth. Deal with it.

See post 371.

And ruled a homicide.

See post 371.

That horseshit is supposed to mean something to me?

I can't help but wonder what may happen still because you know that there are going to be people who are not happy with the verdict and we all know that they have already been shown how to play a certain game thanks to those who have already done the looting, rioting, and torching. I wonder how many cops are now going to turn in their badges.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
I don’t think there are many cops who support what Chauvin did.

He made their jobs harder
I don't know if all the blame should be dumped on him. To me, it may be the public who has only made their jobs harder because you know that there is always going to be people out there who are not happy when someone who isn't wearing the uniform dies.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The public expects the police to do their jobs with professionalism and compassion

Chauvin didn’t.
I don’t see many police saying......I would have done the same thing
During the trial it was revealed that he acted according to restraint training taught in Minneapolis.
Bullshit! The Chief of police, his supervisor, and others in the department said otherwise. Stop lying.

You can't overturn a jury verdict except on the grounds that no reasonable jury would come to that conclusion. The jury was presented with medical experts that agreed on the cause of death, while the defense put on an expert paid to testify, who came up with the carbon monoxide theory out of thin air.

Just proves the jury was biased. They didn’t hardly deliberate. Low IQ morons for sure.

Last month, the jury convicted Martin Arroyo in nine minutes.

convict a man of assaulting, stalking and harassing a woman,

Well we know that you are racist------------

What did I say that's racist?

Maybe you're just an idiot.
What did you say that is racist? HUN...........everyone knows. You are like the idiot who farts and then starts screaming WHO FARTED? WHO FARTED?

You seem to have a really hard time with specific details.

First you claimed that I implied that homicide is murder even though that's completely made up. And now you claim that I said something racist that you can't figure out either. LoL.

I think you're just an idiot.

Forum List

Back