Florida Virus Cases Soar, Hospitals Near Last Summer's Peak

Have any of them explained how they came to that conclusion?
Yeah, it's simple, if true: they are saying that of the people currently hospitalized with COVID, only 3% (I've seen 4%) were vaccinated. And that vaccinated people are mostly not dying even if they do catch it.

If true. Could be: that's an influence on me. It would be nice! However, the part of the statistics not dealt with here is the issue of how many vaccinated people are CATCHING this disease. If the vaccine just doesn't work and almost as many people are catching it after vaccination as not vaccinated, that would be bad. It would basically be three or four out of every hundred of --- well, everyone. But we do not know that, even though the news has been implying that all week. (Baaaaad news sells.) This morning, Saturday, the White House, the CDC, TV docs all got on the air saying that people get Delta a lot less often if they are vaccinated, so their chances of a bad outcome are much reduced. At least that's what I'm reading on Google News.

If true. The lying with numbers has become a big problem, and I want to see a lot more numbers before I can figure out what is going on.

What is plainly going on is national panic.

You guys get so testy over the mask. Chill out.
No thanks. I feel strongly that the masks are obscene and disgusting. I haven't worn one yet; don't plan to.

I don't do birkas and hijabs, either. Apparently a whole lot of people are willing to tie their heads up in cloth as soon as anyone tells them to.

All the arguing and.bantering is a waste. If. You want to get vaxed then get it. If you don't then don't. If your employer demands it go find a new job or be fired. It's about s lf not country as SHOULD be the case...always.

It bothers me not if one wears a mask or doesn't. How does wearing one bother anyone with a brain cell?

No thanks. I feel strongly that the masks are obscene and disgusting. I haven't worn one yet; don't plan to.

I don't do birkas and hijabs, either. Apparently a whole lot of people are willing to tie their heads up in cloth as soon as anyone tells them to.
Well it's your body and your choice. But it's also the airlines choice, and Publix's grocery store and Publix's choice. (FL's largest grocer is requiring masks.). Obscene and disgusting? That is pretty obsessive. You going to have to live with it because masks are going to be around for awhile.

Well it's your body and your choice. But it's also the airlines choice, and Publix's grocery store and Publix's choice. (FL's largest grocer is requiring masks.). Obscene and disgusting? That is pretty obsessive. You going to have to live with it because masks are going to be around for awhile.

Nope, not me. Just you.

Yeah Walmart and our local chains "require" masks too--about 3% wear them and nobody get thrown out.

You guys get so testy over the mask. Chill out.
Read More Type less
Mask Box Warning.png

First, not all masks are created equal. Cheap masks arent intended to protect the wearer.

Second, the primary purpose of wearing a mask is as a courtesy to others. Because there is pre-symptomatic and a-symptomatic spread of virus, the mask serves to reduce the aerosolized virus the mask-wearer would be spreading to others. This is additionally important now that vaccinated people could be spreading virus the same as an un-vaccinated person would.

7dxhsct62ke71.jpg

Cheap masks arent intended to protect the wearer.
Please show me where there is a specific mask that the government mandates. These masks are the masks that are readily available at Walmart, hospitals, doctors and dentists offices. That's OK, you can live in denial and run around like chicken little, makes no difference to me--BTW, do you still believe the earth is flat?

Those who have been vaxxed have also been asymptomatic and spread. Indeed, a restaurant owner in CA has banned the vaxxed because they can spread it unknowingly. At least an unvaxxed person typically knows when they are infected. LMAO.
a vaccinated person can unknowingly spread the virus as well as an unvaccinated person can. The difference between the two is hospitalization rates and death rates.

As far as masks: the government only cares about an infected person spreading to others, which even the cheapest masks reduce this. For the other purpose of protecting the wearer, that is entirely up to the choice of the wearer to purchase a specialized mask that is intended to protect the wearer, but this isnt typically available at your corner store.

All you trump people can post as many lies and justifications all you want but Florida has now set a new highest one day total since the start of the pandemic.

The science behind Covid-19

If you have been vaccinated, or previously had Covid-19, or neither, the virus will rapidly replicate in your body if you are sufficiently exposed. No matter what your experience is you are infected and can infect others.

If you have not been vaccinated and get exposed the virus will, as always, rapidly proliferate. It will take up to a few weeks for your body to recognize and start to make T-cells specific to that virus so that they can kill your body cells that make the virus . In those weeks you may get very sick or die.

If you have been vaccinated, or had Covid previously, your body already knows how to rapidly make T-cells and can get to work immediately rather than take a few weeks to learn how. The results are a much faster response time which reduces the symptoms which will likely be mild or nonexistent.

Even if masks are 50% effective the chance you will infect someone drops in half, and those people you infect will likewise infect half as many people. So the disease spread will rapidly fall off.

Those who rationalize that you don't need the vaccine because you can still be infected don't know the whole biological picture.

a vaccinated person can unknowingly spread the virus as well as an unvaccinated person can. The difference between the two is hospitalization rates and death rates.

As far as masks: the government only cares about an infected person spreading to others, which even the cheapest masks reduce this. For the other purpose of protecting the wearer, that is entirely up to the choice of the wearer to purchase a specialized mask that is intended to protect the wearer, but this isnt typically available at your corner store.
You sound like Fauci, masks work, no cheap masks don't work, cheap masks work. Make up your mind you fucking moron. Masks work like chain link makes great screen doors for flies. SMH.

You sound like Fauci, masks work, no cheap masks don't work, cheap masks work. Make up your mind you fucking moron. Masks work like chain link makes great screen doors for flies. SMH.
Even if masks are 50% effective the chance you will infect someone else drops in half, and those people you infect will likewise infect half as many people. So the disease spread will rapidly fall off.

The reverse is true. The chance you will be infected by your friends and family drops in half, and the chance that you infect your friends will also drop in half. So the disease spread among your friends and your family will rapidly fall off.

Concerned Americans and Fauci understand that.

Even if masks are 50% effective the chance you will infect someone else drops in half, and those people you infect will likewise infect half as many people. So the disease spread will rapidly fall off.

The reverse is true. The chance you will be infected by your friends and family drops in half, and the chance that you infect your friends will also drop in half. So the disease spread among your friends and your family will rapidly fall off.

Concerned Americans and Fauci understand that.

And if you kill yourself you have zero chance of spreading it.

Forum List

Back