Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
[SIZE=+1]Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals[/SIZE]

The Florida State Board of Education passed a plan that sets goals for students in math and reading based upon their race.
On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent. It also measures by other groupings, such as poverty and disabilities, reported the Palm Beach Post.
The plan has infuriated many community activists in Palm Beach County and across the state. “To expect less from one demographic and more from another is just a little off-base,” Juan Lopez, magnet coordinator at John F. Kennedy Middle School in Riviera Beach, told the Palm Beach Post.

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals « CBS Tampa
At least they will admit that there's differences. :eusa_boohoo: I honestly don't understand how the left thinks the way they do.

• Banned
I also feel it would be beneficial that blacks get a special class just for them to teach them how to be good fathers. Sadly, their family structure doesn't teach it as of now, so our educational system needs to.

-How to strive to be good fathers
-How to strive to push oneself forward. This means that this class would make it cool to advance and be a upstanding citizen.

the black students may have lower academic goals imposed but they are still unreasonably high and out of reach. 38% at grade level now, to 74% at grade level eight years from now? it can't be done without gutting the standards.

[SIZE=+1]Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals[/SIZE]

The Florida State Board of Education passed a plan that sets goals for students in math and reading based upon their race.
On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent. It also measures by other groupings, such as poverty and disabilities, reported the Palm Beach Post.
The plan has infuriated many community activists in Palm Beach County and across the state. “To expect less from one demographic and more from another is just a little off-base,” Juan Lopez, magnet coordinator at John F. Kennedy Middle School in Riviera Beach, told the Palm Beach Post.

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals « CBS Tampa
At least they will admit that there's differences. :eusa_boohoo: I honestly don't understand how the left thinks the way they do.

I don't like the premise, but I do understand it. Creating achievable goals is what is behind measurements. It's also the reason that teachers in urban areas have a problem with tying pay to performance.

What this really is saying is that there are different 'starting points' at this moment in time, there is a racial, moreso, multi-cultural differences. Not across the board, without saying. There are Hispanic girls who have parents that want them to achieve and go to top colleges. There are traditional American whites, (European Whites), that not only want the cheerleader and quarterback, but also the NHS recipient. Etc.

Asians tend to be less individually centered, concerned with bringing results that their group can be proud of. Their parents push them to achieve, and they do. The only parents I've ever had come and say that while my teaching objectives were 'high', I didn't give enough homework, were Chinese. The father kept trying to explain to me that if they were performing 'so well,' imagine what they could do with much more work! I felt his pain, but I wasn't going to fight with the other 20 in class. There are reasons that Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese students do so very well. I applaud them. However, realistically they are going to continue to dominate those with perfect ACT and SAT scores and getting into the Ivies. However, the students will continue to have problems on 'originality,' something other, less 'successful' Americans have dominated for more than 2 centuries.

It's a slippery slope. Individualism and the problems that come with that. Conformity and the problems that come with it. In common with success? Self-discipline.

Something parents and teachers can help children achieve, together.

Last edited:
the black students may have lower academic goals imposed but they are still unreasonably high and out of reach. 38% at grade level now, to 74% at grade level eight years from now? it can't be done without gutting the standards.

There's another way. Cheating. The schools will alter the test scores for blacks. It's epidemic in america and pretty much accepted. If you object - you're a wacist.

There are reasons that Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese students do so very well. I applaud them. However, realistically they are going to continue to dominate those with perfect ACT and SAT scores and getting into the Ivies. However, the students will continue to have problems on 'originality,' something other, less 'successful' Americans have dominated for more than 2 centuries.

Originality huh? You sound like the baseball player who admits he can't run, field, or hit but excels at the "intangibles".

Asians tend to be less individually centered, concerned with bringing results that their group can be proud of. However, the students will continue to have problems on 'originality,'

This is just stereotyping.

Kudos to the state of Florida for their de facto acknowledgement of racial differences in ability. They are showing the rest of the country how to deal with lower black IQ: retain high educational standards for everyone and then establish reduced expectations for black achievement.

Kudos to the state of Florida for their de facto acknowledgement of racial differences in ability. They are showing the rest of the country how to deal with lower black IQ: retain high educational standards for everyone and then establish reduced expectations for black achievement.

That is beyond stupid. Maybe you need a special class.

New Topics

Forum List

Back