Florida new anti-riot law

How many journalists have you seen arrested and assaulted by police just for standing away from the protests and simply filming and reporting. You even see this in footage many times. In any of those instances, did you ever see a single reporter throwing rocks at police, setting cars or buildings on fire, or looting? :laugh:

Every authoritarian throughout history has used some variation of the "law and order" catchphrase to justify just about anything. You won't even know your rights have been taken away until you've lost them. Good luck backing these politicians.

According to your source the police were trying to break up a crowd and she "had trouble" following orders. It says that she's a producer, not a reporter. How do you have problem with a dispersal order? They tell you to leave and you go.

In another source (Newsweek) it stated she was repeatedly yelling at cops that she's a reporter when they were trying to get her to comply with the arrest. That's why the cop asked if she spoke English. It had nothing to do with her Asian descent, it had to do with her not following their instructions. Plus the fact these were her allegations only.

This just happened yesterday so I await to see what really happened. I'm sure a body cam video by one or more officers will tell us what really took place.

How many journalists have you seen arrested and assaulted by police just for standing away from the protests and simply filming and reporting. You even see this in footage many times. In any of those instances, did you ever see a single reporter throwing rocks at police, setting cars or buildings on fire, or looting? :laugh:

Every authoritarian throughout history has used some variation of the "law and order" catchphrase to justify just about anything. You won't even know your rights have been taken away until you've lost them. Good luck backing these politicians.

According to your source the police were trying to break up a crowd and she "had trouble" following orders. It says that she's a producer, not a reporter. How do you have problem with a dispersal order? They tell you to leave and you go.

In another source (Newsweek) it stated she was repeatedly yelling at cops that she's a reporter when they were trying to get her to comply with the arrest. That's why the cop asked if she spoke English. It had nothing to do with her Asian descent, it had to do with her not following their instructions. Plus the fact these were her allegations only.

This just happened yesterday so I await to see what really happened. I'm sure a body cam video by one or more officers will tell us what really took place.

That's what I was expecting when I first heard that they asked if she spoke English: that it was a sarcastic, "Do you not speak English, or are you just stupid?" sort of question.

Which sounds like it was completely justified.

That's what I was expecting when I first heard that they asked if she spoke English: that it was a sarcastic, "Do you not speak English, or are you just stupid?" sort of question.

Which sounds like it was completely justified.

Well you know how dishonest CNN is. Her lawyer is trying to make this into a race issue also.

Maybe I don't understand enough about the news business, but since when did news agencies send out producers instead of reporters to cover events like this? It really sounds to me that she didn't attend on behalf of CNN and did this on her own time. The follow up to this story should be pretty good, like the cop that died at the Capital. He died from two severe strokes, not somebody hitting him with a fire extinguisher.

For those of you on the left confused as to what real leadership looks like, all you have to do is look at Republican Governor Ron DeSantis. Harsher penalties for rioters and you cannot damage any monuments of any kind. In those commie parts of the state, it would fine all local governments who interfere with policing during a riot.

This is how to do things the RIGHT way.

Too bad there was tougher laws in DC, they would have come in handy on Jan 6th.
The laws in DC were drastically changed by the Dem leadership in the city after the police responded to the Dem brownshirt insurrectionist earlier in the summer. The leftwingers in DC wanted to make looting and rioting easier. DC Mayor Signs Sweeping Police Reform Bill
I guess no one thought those law-and-order conservatives would do the same or worse as BLM.
I don't disagree...quite the surprise, uncharacteristic.
Unfortunately it is no surprise and too characteristic.
You realize you just did a 180 and completely contridicted yourself....good job...that was really quick
sarcasm

For those of you on the left confused as to what real leadership looks like, all you have to do is look at Republican Governor Ron DeSantis. Harsher penalties for rioters and you cannot damage any monuments of any kind. In those commie parts of the state, it would fine all local governments who interfere with policing during a riot.

Too bad there wasn't tougher laws in DC, they would have come in handy on Jan 6th.
And it's Republicans making the laws tougher. Why do you think democrats won't?
The 1st ammendment?

Well Federal Law will Trump (no pun intended) that bullshit law. Maybe you clowns long for the days of Bloody Sunday or maybe he can go and dig up Bull Connor.

In addition, too bad that these laws weren’t in place throughout the US in 2020 were being burnt and looted. It also didn’t help when leaders and celebrities were funding the bail for perpetrators who had been arrested. By January 6, precedent had been set. Florida is taking lead to prevent any such riots from any side.
I'm guessing the laws were aimed at only one side.

Interesting that the law mandates how much localities must spend on law enforcement. Big government is OK is you control the government I guess.
Militarizing the police....wonder what DeSantis is up to.
Getting ready to declare martial law?

Well Federal Law will Trump (no pun intended) that bullshit law. Maybe you clowns long for the days of Bloody Sunday or maybe he can go and dig up Bull Connor.

So I would guess you are unfamiliar with the term States Rights. The feds can't interfere unless there is a constitutional violation which there isn't.

You might want to read your linked articles more carefully.

I did, and it said nothing about forcing cities into security costs. Perhaps you can give me the paragraph where it says that.
Better yet here is the quote from your link:

It would penalize local governments that interfere with law enforcement attempting to contain riots and would provide a citizen’s appeal process when cities and counties attempt to reduce police budgets.

It would penalize local governments that interfere with law enforcement attempting to contain riots and would provide a citizen’s appeal process when cities and counties attempt to reduce police budgets.

So what does that have to do with the price of rice in China? That part of the bill is to prevent cities from interfering with federal agencies who send in people to protect a federal building like Trump did, or to prevent them if the state decides to send in state police to bring things under control. State troopers have jurisdiction over the entire state.

In addition, too bad that these laws weren’t in place throughout the US in 2020 were being burnt and looted. It also didn’t help when leaders and celebrities were funding the bail for perpetrators who had been arrested. By January 6, precedent had been set. Florida is taking lead to prevent any such riots from any side.

yea.... all that rioting, burning, looting, murdering. Such a bad step to try and reduce that. How the hell can it be one sided? What does that side look like? Does the “other side” get a pass???

So what does that have to do with the price of rice in China? That part of the bill is to prevent cities from interfering with federal agencies who send in people to protect a federal building like Trump did, or to prevent them if the state decides to send in state police to bring things under control. State troopers have jurisdiction over the entire state.
You addressed the first part but the bill would prevent localities from reducing police budgets, meaning the State is mandating how locals use tax revenue. Sounds like government overreach to me and I'd think conservatives would object.

This shit isn't even hard.

These continue because they're allowed to.

Start shooting the pieces of trash and see how many show up for night 2.

Goof for DeSantis. Only sane governor in the whole damn country at this point...

I agree. I live in Florida and our Governor has stated rioters, looters and arsonists will be shot on sight in this state.

Shoot a few. As you say no one will turn up for night 2.

Wanna bet? Chauvin is going to be convicted and it will mark the beginning of the end of police immunity. Shoot a few protestors without cause and we'll see more police behind bars for murder.

Laughable. You cheered when Ashli Babbitt, and unarmed woman, was killed by the cops. Then they let him off the hook, and you cheered again.

You addressed the first part but the bill would prevent localities from reducing police budgets, meaning the State is mandating how locals use tax revenue. Sounds like government overreach to me and I'd think conservatives would object.

Except it says nothing about that in the law. A city can spend whatever they want on their police and the state won't do anything about it. If their force is too small to handle the situation, like I said, state police or the national guard may move in.

Too bad there wasn't tougher laws in DC, they would have come in handy on Jan 6th.
And it's Republicans making the laws tougher. Why do you think democrats won't?
The 1st ammendment?
Rioting is not speech. Protest is, but destroying someone else's property, assaulting and killing is not.

yea.... all that rioting, burning, looting, murdering. Such a bad step to try and reduce that. How the hell can it be one sided? What does that side look like? Does the “other side” get a pass???
Is there anything about private citizens from other states arming themselves and killing protestors? How about running protestors over? Occupying government buildings?

Except it says nothing about that in the law. A city can spend whatever they want on their police and the state won't do anything about it. If their force is too small to handle the situation, like I said, state police or the national guard may move in.
Except your link said the law has an "appeal process when cities and counties attempt to reduce police budgets".

Except your link said the law has an "appeal process when cities and counties attempt to reduce police budgets".

It said a citizens appeal process, not the state. In other words those lib cities that want to defund their departments. The citizens of that city would have a say-so outside of voting.

New Topics

Forum List

Back