Florida Gov. DeSantis' Epic Speech on Making Florida a Free State, Ending All Lockdowns.

Ron DeSantis for President 2024! This was never intended to be a "case-demic."

Who knew such a thoughtful and intelligent politician existed in America.

Cliff Notes:

-Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says US hospital capacity now sufficient to handle any future outbreaks after March request for "15 days to slow the spread."

-In this press conference Gov. DeSantis says: "We are not going back." In a different press conference DeSantis said: "'We will never do any of these lockdowns again." Source: https://www.wptv.com/news/state/flori...

- Presents updated CDC data indicating normal flu has higher to same death rate as COVID for almost all age ranges.

-All Florida may open at full capacity. Bans local governments from enforcing local mask laws.

- We cannot live life in a "fetal position." Damage from lockdowns surpassing damage from COVID.

- Gov. DeSantis says COVID, like flu, will be a part of life even if vaccine is found.

Damn Right, Governor DeSantis..................

Please Florida, make it possible for your citizens to ignore the guidelines established by medical experts. Killing off a large segment of your population with the impeached president trump's COVID plague would set a fantastic example for the RWNJs nationwide who refuse to take the necessary precautions to stop the spread of the disease.

The deaths of these severely ignorant fools would not be a great loss.

The Medical experts (namely dem Fauci) have repeatedly been wrong----------De Santis just gave you the facts and yet you ignore them.

Kill off the aged, end SS and Medicare.
Wrong state there buddy.........that would be New York and New Jersey.....that is directly NORTH of Florida.....

Maybe you could take a course in map reading.

That is what he doing killing off the aged, by not making masks mandatory.

End SS and Medicare. That is what republicans want.
Yawn..........He gave that option to the states and refused a mandate........and in New York your side went postal on masks and distancing..........and yet you had the worst results of anyone.............imagine that.........huh..........

Everyone wore masks.......yet it still went postal there........splain that.

Wrong state there buddy.........that would be New York and New Jersey.....that is directly NORTH of Florida.....

Oh get a grip-----Florida has lots and lots and lots and lots of old peope-----------yet our stats aren't as bad as other states even with infected New yorkers flooding down and we not really be closed as no one was enforcing the lock down orders anyways.

The old people have more common sense here--they wash their hands, social distance, wear masks when it makes sense............

Our beaches, bars, hair salons are open-----------------

One of the nice things about Florida (and the country as a whole) for middle class retirees is that we have gated communities, cars and nice homes of our own. In my Florida 55+ community I haven’t seen kids visiting since April. Many of us can relatively easily protect ourselves. Even so we have had deaths here and our county is doing poorly.

Of course most of the rest of the world, and poor people everywhere, haven’t such personal amenities or wealth. In Spain and Italy old and young tend to live together, as is even more the case in China. There any lack of effective tracking and quarantining, or relaxed social distancing, create very serious contagion danger.

China, with its teaming cities where generations still often live together in small apartments, was able to shut down all spread of the virus domestically after the first months only due to its powerful central government‘s decisive leadership and “police state” powers. Even then it required enormous collective efforts, discipline, and a willingness to cooperate among the population as a whole. Democratic South Korea also adopted similar (milder) measures, with almost as much success. I speak of measures like universal phone apps to track, notify, and implement a mix of voluntary and mandated, partial, flexible and full quarantines & lockdowns. We live in a different kind of society. Effective tracing of infection spread was abandoned in the U.S. from the start. Flexible measures between “lockdown” and doing nothing were never even really considered ... except for the ridiculously politicized mask controversies.

The U.S. is quite possibly facing a second wave as the weather gets colder. We have so far been spared the worst possible health consequences of our own policies. Hopefully with vaccine advances and better treatment options we will continue to be. We are still lucky overall that this pandemic, hard as it may be to identify and control, was not nearly so fatal as it might have been.

Last edited:

Oh get a grip-----Florida has lots and lots and lots and lots of old peope-----------yet our stats aren't as bad as other states even with infected New yorkers flooding down and we not really be closed as no one was enforcing the lock down orders anyways.

The old people have more common sense here--they wash their hands, social distance, wear masks when it makes sense............

Our beaches, bars, hair salons are open-----------------

Thank God there is one governor in America who understands science and math. If the US committed economic suicide for every 99.8% survival rate disease the land would belong to the Indians again. What amazes me is how this normal occasional pandemic has brought the large numbers of sheep in the country out of the woodwork. Obediently parroting every bit of the fear the media is feeding them. They truly deserve to be biochipped and made into slaves.

Imagine if the Founding Father had called off the AmericanRevolution because the flu was going around.

Talk about digging your own grave and making the hole deeper. DeSantis has NO political future..at all.
In a state full of snowbirds, that's not really a good strategy for political longevity. :)

Nope his political career is over after his terms. I voted and many others I know voted for him and it won't happen again.

Yeah I'm sure you voted for DeSantis. LOL. Come on now, I know you guys are embarrassed about your meth smoking candidate Gillum, but nobody on here believes you voted for the guy that was backed by Trump.

And to your point, DeSantis is incredibly popular in Florida, so dream on if you're fantasizing about DeSantis fading from the scene. He's a rising star in politics.

Talk about digging your own grave and making the hole deeper. DeSantis has NO political future..at all.
In a state full of snowbirds, that's not really a good strategy for political longevity. :)

Nope his political career is over after his terms. I voted and many others I know voted for him and it won't happen again.

Yeah I'm sure you voted for DeSantis. LOL. Come on now, I know you guys are embarrassed about your meth smoking candidate Gillum, but nobody on here believes you voted for the guy that was backed by Trump.

And to your point, DeSantis is incredibly popular in Florida, so dream on if you're fantasizing about DeSantis fading from the scene. He's a rising star in politics.

Incredibly popular? Um...no.

A Florida Atlantic University Poll released Tuesday found he was slightly underwater, with 43% of Florida voters approving of his performance, and 44% disapproving.​
When more people disapprove than approve of the job you are doing, that doesn't equate to "incredibly popular" .

- Presents updated CDC data indicating normal flu has higher to same death rate as COVID for almost all age ranges.

3374771eee6174f786308d226fefc74b.jpg

What "normal flu" killed ~300,000 people in a single year in US?

If you want to be judged, run to your nearest Democrat.

If you want to die of Covid, run to your nearest Democrat run State

That's nice, except of course it has nothing to do with actually addressing what you quoted.

It's a game your mind plays on you ...but you do look kinda crazy to anyone actually paying attention.

3374771eee6174f786308d226fefc74b.jpg

What "normal flu" killed ~300,000 people in a single year in US?

If you want to be judged, run to your nearest Democrat.

If you want to die of Covid, run to your nearest Democrat run State

That's nice, except of course it has nothing to do with actually addressing what you quoted.

It's a game your mind plays on you ...but you do look kinda crazy to anyone actually paying attention.

Atutu. Posting Jesus face palming isn't me judging anyone, kaz.

Um. yeah. It is ...

Just curious how long you've had this belief you speak for the all mighty?

Yes, as odd it seems I voted for him and no he is not popular in Florida for christ sakes he barely beat the crack head. He pretended at first to care about the hurricane Michael in PC two years ago along with your boy Trump and people are still suffering there. He will not be re elected.

Yes, as odd it seems I voted for him and no he is not popular in Florida for christ sakes he barely beat the crack head. He pretended at first to care about the hurricane Michael in PC two years ago along with your boy Trump and people are still suffering there. He will not be re elected.

You've never voted for a Republican in your life, liar

We need more governors like DeSantis. There is no reason for any quarantines or lockdowns.

We need more governors like DeSantis. There is no reason for any quarantines or lockdowns.

Love this guy. He just called the anti-science lockdown proponents "FLAT EARTHERS"

Forum List

Back