Florida: Gop run cesspool becomes literal cesspool

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
while Cons like bust on liberal California, they seem to ignored what happens in Conservatives run states .

How about the Gop run state of Florida ? Because of pollution and global warming the swamp is becoming a sea of disgusting Alge , killing the wild life and ruining tourism .

Well y’all don’t care about regulating pollution or believe in climate change . So now you can lie in the filth you created .

Florida’s summertime slime fueled by climate change as well as pollution

Florida is awash in toxic algae right now.

Blue-green algae covers 90 percent of Lake Okeechobee. It’s now grown thick in the canals connecting the lake to the St. Lucie River on the east coast, as well as in the Caloosahatchee River near Fort Myers on the west coast.

Meanwhile a long-running Red Tide algae bloom on the state’s west coast has been killing sea turtles and manatees in the Boca Grande area, according to river advocates and fishing captains. Fishkills and respiratory complaints have been pouring into the state wildlife commission from four counties.

And you see why these far left religious narrative fall on their face.

Don’t worry . I’m sure the place will be cleaned out by ANOTHER hurricane. Then you red state hypocrites can line up for more FEMA welfare payments.

“I hate Big government....... Big government save meeeeee!”

while Cons like bust on liberal California, they seem to ignored what happens in Conservatives run states .

How about the Gop run state of Florida ? Because of pollution and global warming the swamp is becoming a sea of disgusting Alge , killing the wild life and ruining tourism .

Well y’all don’t care about regulating pollution or believe in climate change . So now you can lie in the filth you created .

Blue-green algae covers 90 percent of Lake Okeechobee. It’s now grown thick in the canals connecting the lake to the St. Lucie River on the east coast, as well as in the Caloosahatchee River near Fort Myers on the west coast.

Meanwhile a long-running Red Tide algae bloom on the state’s west coast has been killing sea turtles and manatees in the Boca Grande area, according to river advocates and fishing captains. Fishkills and respiratory complaints have been pouring into the state wildlife commission from four counties.
HAB Research
Harmful algal blooms occur naturally, but human activities that disturb ecosystems seem to play a role in the increased occurrence of some blooms. NOAA is authorized by the Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Act to help communities counter this increasing threat with research.
Harmful Algal Blooms

These blooms have been happening for decades, not just in Florida.
And Florida has done just about everything they can to try to reduce their happening. From Dem governors to Republican. And Scott actually increased funding for restoring the Everglades, funds for mitigating the blooms, etc.

Don’t worry . I’m sure the place will be cleaned out by ANOTHER hurricane. Then you red state hypocrites can line up for more FEMA welfare payments.

More far left religious dogma not connected to reality.

But as you see the far left is all about running their debunked narratives and nothing else.

HAB Research
Harmful algal blooms occur naturally, but human activities that disturb ecosystems seem to play a role in the increased occurrence of some blooms. NOAA is authorized by the Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Act to help communities counter this increasing threat with research.
Harmful Algal Blooms

These blooms have been happening for decades, not just in Florida.
And Florida has done just about everything they can to try to reduce their happening. From Dem governors to Republican. And Scott actually increased funding for restoring the Everglades, funds for mitigating the blooms, etc.

Now do not post real and actual facts it confuses them..

And personally, I am tired of it, as many others are as we flood so easily in areas in se Fl, due to the environmentalists forcing slow releases from the lake, even in flooding rain. Too high lake depth, putting undue stress on the inadequate dam is a disaster waiting to happen.
One day that dam will break and then see what happens. Maybe that’s their goal, since many of the areas south of it are considered poor areas.
The blooms occur, release or not.

But as you see the far left is all about running their debunked narratives and nothing else.

Debunked how ? The blooms are worse than ever . Is Florida doing anything about chemical run off? Didn’t the govenor forbid state officials from even mentioning climate change ?

Debunked how ? The blooms are worse than ever . Is Florida doing anything about chemical run off? Didn’t the govenor forbid state officials from even mentioning climate change ?

All your far left religious dogma has been debunked.

And personally, I am tired of it, as many others are as we flood so easily in areas in se Fl, due to the environmentalists forcing slow releases from the lake, even in flooding rain. Too high lake depth, putting undue stress on the inadequate dam is a disaster waiting to happen.
One day that dam will break and then see what happens. Maybe that’s their goal, since many of the areas south of it are considered poor areas.

Yes much of this has been going on for decades, but rebuilding a dam is more Army Corp of Engineers, is it not?

The blooms are the blooms. Mitigation has been going on for years, and as a se fl resident I can attest to Scott doing more than others, even to the point of allowing more flooding over here in places, due to slow drainage of an over full lake. Want me to post pics of what we have been living with for the last 3 years every time a moderate rain hits? We have lived here for 18 years, and only the last 3-4 have we dealt with this flooding over and over again. The water table is remaining too high due to environmentalists forcing slow drainage, if none, from the lake to mitigate the blooms.. And it hasn’t made a difference with the blooms.

Yes, the Republican Florida led executive branch headed by Gov. Rick Scott in collusion with the Republican-controlled legislative branch completely ran rough shod over Florida's environmental laws. They lowered the standards for nitrates dumped into Florida rivers, bent over backwards for big sugar and did away with Tallahassee oversight over local comprehensive plans and major developments.

That is why Florida is such a clusterfuck environmentally.

For those anti- environmental neanderthals and global warming denialists, Florida is proof that worst case scenarios do happen and that there are consequences for environmental abuses.

Remember in November vote out the Republicans!

Last edited:
Yes, the Republican Florida led executive branch headed by Gov. Rick Scott in collusion with the Republican-controlled legislative branch completely ran rough shod over Florida's environmental laws. They lowered the standards for nitrates dumped into Florida rivers, bent over backwards for big sugar and did away with Tallahassee oversight over local comprehensive plans and major developments.

For those that anti- environmental neanderthals and global warming denialists, Florida is proof that worst case scenarios do happen and that their are consequences for environmental abuses.

Even more debunked far left religious dogma.

Another example why you should never vote far left.

It is, it is federal. Scott has actually worked on trying to get them to fund all the repairs needed. Some people actually got pissed because he forced evacuations directly south of the lake last year, due to his concern for the people living there, during the hurricane.

Yes much of this has been going on for decades, but rebuilding a dam is more Army Corp of Engineers, is it not?

Bull. Scott has done more for the environment here than the last 4 previous governors.

For those that anti- environmental neanderthals and global warming denialists, Florida is proof that worst case scenarios do happen and that there are consequences for environmental abuses.

The problem Timmy, is you're an idiot and your posts are incoherent.
What is the point of this post?
I mean algae is natural, do you want to use chemicals to stop it's growth?
Isn't that opposed by your environmental groups...isn't nature always good?
We keep hearing about sea levels rising and warm water
but we had a 10 year period of no major hurricanes
and all the stuff in Al gore's movie is not even close to coming true.

From your source....

""We’ve been watching it in Southwest Florida going on nine months," Hubbard said. "It’s unusual to have a bloom last this long, but it’s not unheard of.""

Dumb ass

Bullshit. I live in Florida and those blooms occur every year.

They are some times worse then others. They have been all along. All Floridians know about them and know what to do.

Carry on dumbass.

Last edited:
It is, it is federal. Scott has actually worked on trying to get them to fund all the repairs needed. Some people actually got pissed because he forced evacuations directly south of the lake last year, due to his concern for the people living there, during the hurricane.

So did the environmentalists protest any work on the dam?

Forum List

Back