Florida Explanding 'Stand Your Ground' Law So You Can Fire A Warning Shot!

Wait, a Republican correcting a law that wrongly sent a black woman to prison for 20 years? Something isn't right here.

Wait, a Republican correcting a law that wrongly sent a black woman to prison for 20 years? Something isn't right here.

What do you think happens to the round after it's fired? You have to account for the trajectory of the round that fired.

What do you do fire it in the air?, Into the ground or just anywhere you feel like it.?

Perhaps you should rethink your position.

I will concede that a safely placed warning shot can shock a person into compliant behavior that precludes having to shoot them. But it takes years of experience and many hours of training to be able to safely place a warning shot during a confrontation and in the heat of the moment.

"If the expansion takes place, law-abiding citizens who fire a warning shot “would be immune from Florida’s ’10-20-Life’ law, which requires anyone who shows a gun while committing certain felonies…be sentenced to 10 years in prison.” If someone is wounded, the “10-20-Life” law requires a sentence of 25 years to life."

That confused me. Why is a law needed to prevent someone going to jail while committing a felony if there is no felony committed?

I can't even come up with a scenario off the top of my head where I would fire a "warning shot."

Firing a warning shot doesn't mean no one will be hurt. The person you are warning might be hurt, but someone ten miles away might be killed from your bullet.

The 'warning shot' concept is absolutely stupid.

If you pull your weapon and shoot, shoot for center mass, keep shooting until the feral white criminal is down.

The "feral white criminal" is a reminder to SteveMcGarrett as to just how stupid his stupid is: I mean it comes in all varieties.

Black, white, polkadot, shoot the criminal down.

Last edited:
If I have to shoot someone they'll know I'm ready to shoot them. I wouldn't shoot someone, for example, who was rummaging around in the shed, wouldn't shoot someone who was pounding on my front door, and wouldn't shoot someone who was yelling at me and calling me names. With that said, it doesn't matter if they're inside or outside... if they're a threat I'll protect myself and mine.

I don't understand "warning shots."

It wasn't the law that sent her to prison, it was the prosecutor (The same one who prosecuted Zimmerman) and the Judge who both improperly applied the law.

Florida should have "the fastest gun wins" law.

Saves all the trouble.

Well holy toledo I'm actually going to agree with you!

I'm a firm believer in people having the opportunity to try to take you out, but you're faster.

:lol:

tombstone1.jpg

If I fired a "warning shot" it only means that I missed with my first shot.

That is when you say, "that one was deliberately between your legs, you can thank me later. The next one will either be six inches higher or between the eyes, you chose".

So, it may be a bluff in that you really missed, but is the idiot in front of you willing to take that chance? :)

Immie

Could I just shoot them in the leg and call that their warning?

I'm not an expert, but I always learned that if you are going to pull the trigger, shoot to kill.

Immie

You guys are either fantasizing after watching too many cop shows or you live in some really low life neighborhoods.

Not, true. I've never pulled a gun on anyone and pray to God I never have to. I do not carry a gun. I only relayed what I have always been told.

Immie

Forum List

Back