Florida AG calls for investigation into $16M Bloomberg donations to help felons vote

How States’ rights of you. I respect the people of a state speaking up and if this is what Florida wants I respect that at as well. This also applies when another state voters to maintain or insure convicted felons don’t vote. Same with VoterID and authentication. If a state votes for it, like you said, it is what the people of the state have demanded.

Only if it complies with Federal Voting rights, dummy.

VoterID is an unconstitutional poll tax.

I think we need a federal law to restore the voting rights of all felons. Frankly, I would be for letting people in prison vote. They are counted on the census, after all...giving rural counties outsized representation.

Not if they give the ID's out for free if requested.

Poll taxes used to be months of income, and white people got grandfathered out of them.

$10 for an ID is not a poll tax.

Maybe Bloomberg should have thought about the fact that buying votes is illegal....

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody is calling for further investigation into whether billionaire Mike Bloomberg violated a state statute when he reportedly raised $16 million to help felons vote in the upcoming presidential election.

“Today, I sent a letter to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation into potential violations of election laws," Moody said in a statement provided to Fox News.

GAETZ CALLS FOR ELECTION BRIBERY PROBE OF BLOOMBERG OVER PLEDGE TO PAY FLORIDA FELONS' FINES

"I have instructed the statewide prosecutor to work with law enforcement and any statewide grand jury that the governor may call," she said.

Just a day before, Bloomberg announced the hefty sum would go toward paying restitution and court fines that prevent Florida felons from voting.

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla. pounced on the news of Bloomberg's donation Tuesday night, urging Moody to take up a criminal investigation against Bloomberg,

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz told Fox News' "Hannity." "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."
Your title is wrong.... the money donation is to a non profit, that helps EX FELONS not FELONS as your title states....?

Maybe Bloomberg should have thought about the fact that buying votes is illegal....

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody is calling for further investigation into whether billionaire Mike Bloomberg violated a state statute when he reportedly raised $16 million to help felons vote in the upcoming presidential election.

“Today, I sent a letter to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation into potential violations of election laws," Moody said in a statement provided to Fox News.

GAETZ CALLS FOR ELECTION BRIBERY PROBE OF BLOOMBERG OVER PLEDGE TO PAY FLORIDA FELONS' FINES

"I have instructed the statewide prosecutor to work with law enforcement and any statewide grand jury that the governor may call," she said.

Just a day before, Bloomberg announced the hefty sum would go toward paying restitution and court fines that prevent Florida felons from voting.

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla. pounced on the news of Bloomberg's donation Tuesday night, urging Moody to take up a criminal investigation against Bloomberg,

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz told Fox News' "Hannity." "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."
Your title is wrong.... the money donation is to a non profit, that helps EX FELONS not FELONS as your title states....?
Actually, once they are convicted, they are felons....

And the issue is that Bloomberg is involved in the non profit's actions....

But since you want to bring up the fact that others are involved, maybe RICO applies.....

Bloomberg pays for them to have their voting rights restored
Bloomberg supports Biden

Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge.

But he can't make them vote for Biden if they don't want to. That's the point.
You couldn't MAKE them even if you paid them directly. That is a distinction without a difference.

Just giving them the incentive is the crime.

It's a quid pro quo. Bloomberg gives them a pile of money knowing that they understand why they are getting it.

That's a violation of the law...no different thank if Biden have them a car. Sure, he isn't directly telling them to vote Biden...but the implication is equally obvious.

How States’ rights of you. I respect the people of a state speaking up and if this is what Florida wants I respect that at as well. This also applies when another state voters to maintain or insure convicted felons don’t vote. Same with VoterID and authentication. If a state votes for it, like you said, it is what the people of the state have demanded.

I think we need a federal law to restore the voting rights of all felons. Frankly, I would be for letting people in prison vote. They are counted on the census, after all...giving rural counties outsized representation.

Poll taxes used to be months of income, and white people got grandfathered out of them.

$10 is a day's worth of food....

But those are not the only costs... another $20 to $30 to get a certified birth certificate via mail, and as an hourly worker, time off work, losing pay, to make it to a DMV across town to apply, due to the DMV in their neighborhood being shut down, and public transportation costs to get there....

It costs them, more than you would think....

Actually, once they are convicted, they are felons....

And the issue is that Bloomberg is involved in the non profit's actions....

But since you want to bring up the fact that others are involved, maybe RICO applies.....
:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe!!!!

Meh...this is Florida. Anything can happen in Florida.

It is like Vegas with an ocean.

I’m all for free IDs - or, more appropriately -taxpayer-funded IDS. Liberals always say how voter ID would be disproportionately unfair to Blacks who somehow lack the means to get an ID. Interestingly enough, Liberals don’t seem to have a problem with Blacks not having an ID that is necessary in many other facets of daily life beyond periodic voting.

But those are not the only costs... another $20 to $30 to get a certified birth certificate via mail, and as an hourly worker, time off work, losing pay, to make it to a DMV across town to apply, due to the DMV in their neighborhood being shut down, and public transportation costs to get there....

yet people do it to buy alcohol.......

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

But I expect a complete lack of moral fiber and consistency from you.
That plutocrat is using his money to help people.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

Joe rails against plutocrats but gives Bloomberg a pass, it's called hypocrisy.
Joe is going to raise Bloomberg’s taxes. He’s not getting a pass.

So why are you so scared that more people get to vote?

It's about the law, and Bloomberg may have broken it.

You only want them to vote because Bloomberg is paying them off to vote for Biden.

There’s zero evidence any law was broken. You’re only accusing Bloomberg of breaking the law because they may vote Biden.

It’s not illegal to pay someone’s fines.

It's illegal to influence someone's vote via monetary gain.

Bloomberg pays for the fees allowing the person to vote
Bloomberg supports Biden.

Not too hard to connect the dots here.
Driving someone to the polls allows them to vote.

Is it illegal for me to drive an elderly person to a polling place?

Every obstacle you presented can be easily resolved. Waive fees if you are below an income level. Regarding time off so as to not lose pay, make it easier to be done remotely or at another government facility like a library or even a school.

I mentioned in my other post the many parts of our daily lives that require ID. You mentioned working. Are you familiar with the ID that you are required to provide in order to get employment? So, your working and time off argument loses a lot of significance.

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

You only want them to vote because Bloomberg is paying them off to vote for Biden.

There’s zero evidence any law was broken. You’re only accusing Bloomberg of breaking the law because they may vote Biden.

That's not paying them (or paying off their debts) to allow them to vote.

It’s providing something of monetary value to allow them to vote. No different.

Very different, and of usually very different overall value.

Go ahead and describe what’s so different.

As for the value, no doubt it’s different, however the law doesn’t say anything about the overall value. So according to the law, that would be irrelevant. It’s as illegal to give someone five dollars to go vote as five thousand.

As for the value, no doubt it’s different, however the law doesn’t say anything about the overall value. So according to the law, that would be irrelevant. It’s as illegal to give someone five dollars to go vote as five thousand.

Many bribery laws allow small gifts on under say $25 in value, this allows things like pens and bags at trade shows to be given to public employees without risk of bribery charges being brought about.

The concept is the same here, plus there is the overall monetary value of the service or payoff. A $15 ride is not paying off $5000 in restitution.

But keep defending shady practices because it helps your side, you dried up old miserable SJW twat.

Many bribery laws allow small gifts on under say $25 in value, this allows things like pens and bags at trade shows to be given to public employees without risk of bribery charges being brought about.

The concept is the same here, plus there is the overall monetary value of the service or payoff. A $15 ride is not paying off $5000 in restitution.

But keep defending shady practices because it helps your side, you dried up old miserable SJW twat.
Ha! Show me where it says that the relevant law and I’ll take your point seriously.

It’s not shady, you just don’t like that some people have a chance to vote against Trump

Ha! Show me where it says that the relevant law and I’ll take your point seriously.

It’s not shady, you just don’t like that some people have a chance to vote against Trump

Let the investigation figure that one out.

And if they were all leaning Trump i'm sure you would be against it you no life cumsucking SJW shill.

And if they were all leaning Trump i'm sure you would be against it you no life cumsucking SJW shill.
You’re disgusting.

You’re disgusting.

You're a hack.

Forum List

Back