Florida AG calls for investigation into $16M Bloomberg donations to help felons vote

The law is the law....

The felons OWE the fines and restitution, and they have to pay them before they get their voting rights restored.....

And there is talk of prosecuting Bloomers for giving those felons money (something of value) to get them to vote....

That's a felony...

But leave it to you to rush to the defense of any criminal you can find....

When we have a criminal justice system that isn't as openly racist as ours is, then I'll worry about "Criminals".

Frankly, I'm tired of subsidizing the Prison-Industrial Complex.

The law is the law....

The felons OWE the fines and restitution, and they have to pay them before they get their voting rights restored.....

And there is talk of prosecuting Bloomers for giving those felons money (something of value) to get them to vote....

That's a felony...

But leave it to you to rush to the defense of any criminal you can find....

When we have a criminal justice system that isn't as openly racist as ours is, then I'll worry about "Criminals".

Frankly, I'm tired of subsidizing the Prison-Industrial Complex.
Then maybe you should take that up with Sniffy Joe, since he wrote the Clinton Crime Bill (which locked blacks up in record numbers)....

Oh, I forgot....

You think that if someone is a Democrat, everything should be forgiven (even if it wrecks countless black lives), right???

Then maybe you should take that up with Sniffy Joe, since he wrote the Clinton Crime Bill (which locked blacks up in record numbers)....

Oh, I forgot....

You think that if someone is a Democrat, everything should be forgiven (even if it wrecks countless black lives), right???

Actually, what I remember about the Clinton Crime Bill is all you right wingers (and me, because I was right wing at the time) was you guys whined about Midnight Basketball and other crime diversion programs.

But let me help you out, because you are a bit stupid.

1601070103845.png

Check it out... The prison populaton increased from 200K in 1970 (When Nixon started his racist Law and Order program) to over a MILLION in 1994, before the Crime Bill happened. It did continue to go up, but peaked at less than 1.6 million.

So, um, no, it would have gone up with or without the Crime Bill.

Oh, I forgot....

Actually, what I remember about the Clinton Crime Bill is all you right wingers (and me, because I was right wing at the time) was you guys whined about Midnight Basketball and other crime diversion programs.

But let me help you out, because you are a bit stupid.

View attachment 392837
Check it out... The prison populaton increased from 200K in 1970 (When Nixon started his racist Law and Order program) to over a MILLION in 1994, before the Crime Bill happened. It did continue to go up, but peaked at less than 1.6 million.

So, um, no, it would have gone up with or without the Crime Bill.
Actually, the ACLU states that it DID affect the incarceration rates....

So are you going to tell us how the ACLU is full of shit now???

Maybe Bloomberg should have thought about the fact that buying votes is illegal....

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody is calling for further investigation into whether billionaire Mike Bloomberg violated a state statute when he reportedly raised $16 million to help felons vote in the upcoming presidential election.

“Today, I sent a letter to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation into potential violations of election laws," Moody said in a statement provided to Fox News.

GAETZ CALLS FOR ELECTION BRIBERY PROBE OF BLOOMBERG OVER PLEDGE TO PAY FLORIDA FELONS' FINES

"I have instructed the statewide prosecutor to work with law enforcement and any statewide grand jury that the governor may call," she said.

Just a day before, Bloomberg announced the hefty sum would go toward paying restitution and court fines that prevent Florida felons from voting.

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla. pounced on the news of Bloomberg's donation Tuesday night, urging Moody to take up a criminal investigation against Bloomberg,

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz told Fox News' "Hannity." "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."

UGH, I can't stand Bloomberg...

It's only buying votes if he is paying for the vote.

I mean, hypothetically, all these people who had their fees paid off could still vote Republican... Can't see why they would, but it's a mystery to me why anyone making less than six figures votes Republican.

The real problem here is the people of Florida CLEARLY made their wishes known by voting to restore the voting rights of felons not convicted of violent offenses. The GOP Legistlature cheated to prevent them from voting, and Bloomberg is just helping them restore their rights.

Sounds reasonable to me.
There was nothing wrong with what Bloomberg did. He made a blanket gift. Not one based on party affiliation or loyalty. Trumpers are only crying foul because their attempt at cheating again has been foiled.

Bloomberg pays for them to have their voting rights restored
Bloomberg supports Biden

Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge.

You need more than that.

That's what an investigation is for.

I'm sure if some lawbreaking is found you will find an excuse for it.

I'd love to see this get a criminal referral for felony election interference. The DA needs to prove the case to 12 normal people, not a covey of marginalized marxist fringefucks. I like the chances of mini-mike getting convicted.

Once the election is over, all these politicians will forget this ever happened. The last thing any of these guys want to do is make an enemy of a guy who is worth 54 Billion and personal wealth is greater than that of some countries.

I'd love to see this get a criminal referral for felony election interference. The DA needs to prove the case to 12 normal people, not a covey of marginalized marxist fringefucks. I like the chances of mini-mike getting convicted.

The majority of Floridians thought that the restoration of voting rights was fair. It was the GOP Fringefucks who abused the intent of the referndum by demanding court fees be paid.

Now Bloomberg, the asshole globalist, is bribing convicts for their votes. He really wants to protect his stream of dirty money from China. He doesn't give two shits about the American worker or middle class. Better to stick with pro worker, America first Donald J. Trump. MAGA

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

But I expect a complete lack of moral fiber and consistency from you.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

The people of Florida made their preference clear. Restore voting rights. Bloomberg is just helping get the people what they demanded.

How States’ rights of you. I respect the people of a state speaking up and if this is what Florida wants I respect that at as well. This also applies when another state voters to maintain or insure convicted felons don’t vote. Same with VoterID and authentication. If a state votes for it, like you said, it is what the people of the state have demanded.

How States’ rights of you. I respect the people of a state speaking up and if this is what Florida wants I respect that at as well. This also applies when another state voters to maintain or insure convicted felons don’t vote. Same with VoterID and authentication. If a state votes for it, like you said, it is what the people of the state have demanded.

Only if it complies with Federal Voting rights, dummy.

VoterID is an unconstitutional poll tax.

I think we need a federal law to restore the voting rights of all felons. Frankly, I would be for letting people in prison vote. They are counted on the census, after all...giving rural counties outsized representation.

I think we need a federal law to restore the voting rights of all felons. Frankly, I would be for letting people in prison vote. They are counted on the census, after all...giving rural counties outsized representation.
how is it a poll tax dummy?

Why do democrats want felons to have voting rights and not gun rights?
An elected official can get more people killed than a single person with a gun.

Ok, show us in Federal voting rights and laws where convicted felons can vote? Is it a statute that puts the State’s rights first? You name call yet provide little to no substance, validation, or logic to back your claims Here’s your chance.

Ok, show us in Federal voting rights and laws where convicted felons can vote? Is it a statute that puts the State’s rights first? You name call yet provide little to no substance, validation, or logic to back your claims Here’s your chance.
leftists can't comprehend logic

Once the election is over, all these politicians will forget this ever happened. The last thing any of these guys want to do is make an enemy of a guy who is worth 54 Billion and personal wealth is greater than that of some countries.

Wow, make sure you clean off your kneepads when you are done sucking bloomberg off.

Forum List

Back