Florida AG calls for investigation into $16M Bloomberg donations to help felons vote

Obiwan

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2015
Indiana
Maybe Bloomberg should have thought about the fact that buying votes is illegal....

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody is calling for further investigation into whether billionaire Mike Bloomberg violated a state statute when he reportedly raised $16 million to help felons vote in the upcoming presidential election.

“Today, I sent a letter to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation into potential violations of election laws," Moody said in a statement provided to Fox News.

GAETZ CALLS FOR ELECTION BRIBERY PROBE OF BLOOMBERG OVER PLEDGE TO PAY FLORIDA FELONS' FINES

"I have instructed the statewide prosecutor to work with law enforcement and any statewide grand jury that the governor may call," she said.

Just a day before, Bloomberg announced the hefty sum would go toward paying restitution and court fines that prevent Florida felons from voting.

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla. pounced on the news of Bloomberg's donation Tuesday night, urging Moody to take up a criminal investigation against Bloomberg,

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz told Fox News' "Hannity." "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."

It's only buying votes if he is paying for the vote.

I mean, hypothetically, all these people who had their fees paid off could still vote Republican... Can't see why they would, but it's a mystery to me why anyone making less than six figures votes Republican.

The real problem here is the people of Florida CLEARLY made their wishes known by voting to restore the voting rights of felons not convicted of violent offenses. The GOP Legistlature cheated to prevent them from voting, and Bloomberg is just helping them restore their rights.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I mean, hypothetically, all these people who had their fees paid off could still vote Republican... Can't see why they would, but it's a mystery to me why anyone making less than six figures votes Republican.

The real problem here is the people of Florida CLEARLY made their wishes known by voting to restore the voting rights of felons not convicted of violent offenses. The GOP Legistlature cheated to prevent them from voting, and Bloomberg is just helping them restore their rights.

Sounds reasonable to me.
There was nothing wrong with what Bloomberg did. He made a blanket gift. Not one based on party affiliation or loyalty. Trumpers are only crying foul because their attempt at cheating again has been foiled.

If they lock the midget up he might be able to dig up a few more felon votes for the bad guys. Who knows, he might even find a soulmate to ride into the sunset with. Never trust a midget politician. MAGA

Sounds reasonable to me.
There was nothing wrong with what Bloomberg did. He made a blanket gift. Not one based on party affiliation or loyalty. Trumpers are only crying foul because their attempt at cheating again has been foiled.

Bloomberg pays for them to have their voting rights restored
Bloomberg supports Biden

Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge.

Bloomberg pays for them to have their voting rights restored
Bloomberg supports Biden

Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge.

But he can't make them vote for Biden if they don't want to. That's the point.

Influence is the issue with regards to the law in question, not force.

Tammany didn't have to force many of the people it got to vote early and often, they paid them to do it.

Maybe Bloomberg should have thought about the fact that buying votes is illegal....

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody is calling for further investigation into whether billionaire Mike Bloomberg violated a state statute when he reportedly raised $16 million to help felons vote in the upcoming presidential election.

“Today, I sent a letter to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation into potential violations of election laws," Moody said in a statement provided to Fox News.

GAETZ CALLS FOR ELECTION BRIBERY PROBE OF BLOOMBERG OVER PLEDGE TO PAY FLORIDA FELONS' FINES

"I have instructed the statewide prosecutor to work with law enforcement and any statewide grand jury that the governor may call," she said.

Just a day before, Bloomberg announced the hefty sum would go toward paying restitution and court fines that prevent Florida felons from voting.

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla. pounced on the news of Bloomberg's donation Tuesday night, urging Moody to take up a criminal investigation against Bloomberg,

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz told Fox News' "Hannity." "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."
The lefts lying, cheating & stealing isn't even hidden anymore. They have this idea that they are above the law. Hillary Clinton proved this theory

Tammany didn't have to force many of the people it got to vote early and often, they paid them to do it.

Look, bud, I know it horrifies you that people of color are getting their rights back after you worked so hard to steal them...

So simple enough solution. Get rid of the obligation to pay back debts to vote, then they won't owe Bloomie anything.

Look, bud, I know it horrifies you that people of color are getting their rights back after you worked so hard to steal them...

So simple enough solution. Get rid of the obligation to pay back debts to vote, then they won't owe Bloomie anything.

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

Always about race. Bloomberg is trying to influence an election maybe in violation to state law.

Sorry, but if you lose your vote via felonious behavior it's on you to pay back what the judge says for you to pay back.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

That was not the intent of the voters who voted to restore the voting rights of felons.

It will be fun to watch you guys go after Bloomberg... his lawyers will crush you like bugs.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

But I expect a complete lack of moral fiber and consistency from you.

It's comical watching you cheer for the very plutorcrat type you usually bitch about.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

The people of Florida made their preference clear. Restore voting rights. Bloomberg is just helping get the people what they demanded.

Nice excuses, hack.

That plutocrat is using his money to help people.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

Sounds reasonable to me.
Nope, he said specifically that he was doing it because it would net Biden 95% of the votes from the felons--so it is vote buying. Bloomberg needs to go to prison.

Why does that upset you? I thought the conservatives of the country liked charity?

Joe rails against plutocrats but gives Bloomberg a pass, it's called hypocrisy.

Joe rails against plutocrats but gives Bloomberg a pass, it's called hypocrisy.
Joe is going to raise Bloomberg’s taxes. He’s not getting a pass.

So why are you so scared that more people get to vote?

New Topics

Forum List

Back