Flashback 2016: Kerry- There Will Never Be a Peace Agreement Between Arabs and Israel without a Palestinian Solution

The Palestinians want one-state solutions with them as the rulers.

That will never happen. Four hundred years from now Israel and Jews will rule Palestine.

Democrats are consistent.
Always wrong.
God Bless peacemaker President Trump.

Disagree with always wrong, but he does deserve credit for his roll in this process.

Still needs to be a solution for the Palestinian people though or these agreements may not hold.

Wha role did Lurch play in Trump's peace deals? Be specific and bring credible links.

Why?

I thought for once in your life you would be able to back up your bullshit. What am I saying.........I knew it was just bullshit, but I thought I would call it out.

Dismissed.

You are asking me to back up something I didn't say, MORON. I said he (TRUMP) deserves credit. Get a grip troll.

Holy Shit! Learn to write.

The comment was that Lurch is always wrong. To which you replied:

Disagree with always wrong, but he does deserve credit for his roll in this process.

Simple English dictates you were referencing Lurch, not Trump.

Holy cow you are stupid.

Or you could ask for clarification instead of immediately going into asshole mode. That might be an overly optimistic expectation on my part.

There are legit criticisms with these deals - for example they aren't "peace deals" - that issue is unresolved.

Possible downside to it and, importantly - the work towards these deals and ongoing overtures preceded the Trump administrations I'm not sure how much of a hand Trump diplomacy had in bringing it about, more likely old fashioned capitalism over diplomacy. But it happened on his watch, so, like any other president would get - he deserves a commendation here.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/trumps-israel-arab-peace-deal.html

These agreements, while historic in their own right, are not exactly peace treaties, as Israel was not at war with the UAE or Bahrain. These countries did not participate in the series of wars other Arab countries fought with Israel in the mid-20th century, but like all other Arab countries and many Muslim countries around the world, they had long refused to recognize Israel. These oil-rich Gulf states had already been engaged in backroom diplomacy and trade with Israel for some time; Tuesday’s agreements allow them to bring their existing relationships out in the open and deepen them with direct flights, tourism, and open access to each other’s markets.

and, from same article - what does the U.S. get out of this? It's a big win for the Military Industrial Complex...but HIGHLY questionable and we should be concerned.

So what is the U.S. really getting out of this deal? The simple answer is money: specifically, Gulf oil money that will be spent on advanced U.S. armaments like F-35 stealth fighter jets. Kushner helped coax the UAE into this deal with the incentive of high-tech weapons sales, to which Trump agreed. Upgrading the defense capabilities of allied Gulf states has its own logic for the Trump administration, as the chief foreign policy goal advanced by this agreement is to encircle Iran and strengthen the regional coalition against it. And of course, with Trump, the opportunity to brag about multi-billion-dollar arms sales is a huge upside. Making F-35s available to the UAE and potentially other Arab states is a highly controversial step, however, as the U.S. is committed by agreement and by law to maintaining Israel’s conventional weapons superiority over its neighbors: This is such a bedrock element of U.S. foreign policy doctrine that it comes with its own abbreviation, QME (Qualitative Military Edge). Arms sales to Arab states are supposed to be evaluated and approved by Congress to ensure that they don’t erode Israel’s QME.

Or you could ask for clarification instead of immediately going into asshole mode.

I didn't need clarification. Anyone who comprehends simple English knew you were referencing Lurch.

Always wrong.

Still needs to be a solution for the Palestinian people though or these agreements may not hold.

The Palestinian leadership wants a one State solution. That isn't going to happen.

The Iranians see them as a tool to use against the West, nothing more. Iranians are Persian, not Arab, and thus have no real kinship with the Palestinians.

The other Arab countries are tired of dealing with the Palestinian cause, and are looking for a way out.

I don't know. I think a 2 state solution is not going to happen. I don't think Israel ever truly desired it or was truly willing to give up control of those areas. I suspect we'll see something along a semi-autonomous region or, one state. Certainly if they continue with annexing they will have to resolve citizenship and equality issues.

A one state solution will only result in the destruction of Israel and a lot of dead Jews.

What should happen is Egypt should annex Gaza and Jordan should annex the West bank area under a treaty with Israel to demilitarize both locations.

They don't want to. AND Israel is not giving up the West Bank.

They would to Jordan, if given promises of control of the area and assimilation of the Palestinians there.

Always wrong.

The Palestinian leadership wants a one State solution. That isn't going to happen.

The Iranians see them as a tool to use against the West, nothing more. Iranians are Persian, not Arab, and thus have no real kinship with the Palestinians.

The other Arab countries are tired of dealing with the Palestinian cause, and are looking for a way out.

I don't know. I think a 2 state solution is not going to happen. I don't think Israel ever truly desired it or was truly willing to give up control of those areas. I suspect we'll see something along a semi-autonomous region or, one state. Certainly if they continue with annexing they will have to resolve citizenship and equality issues.

A one state solution will only result in the destruction of Israel and a lot of dead Jews.

What should happen is Egypt should annex Gaza and Jordan should annex the West bank area under a treaty with Israel to demilitarize both locations.

They would to Jordan, if given promises of control of the area and assimilation of the Palestinians there.

I kind of doubt it. They have legitimate security needs for part of the area, and it also represents some of the best farm land. They won't give it up. They never intended to imo. I would think giving Gaza to Egypt would be more likely but Egypt doesn't want Gaza.

There are a lot of other potential solutions, including setting up semi-automous city-states for example. But doesn't seem to be any move towards anything but 1 state or 2 states.

Always wrong.

I kind of doubt it. They have legitimate security needs for part of the area, and it also represents some of the best farm land. They won't give it up. They never intended to imo. I would think giving Gaza to Egypt would be more likely but Egypt doesn't want Gaza.

There are a lot of other potential solutions, including setting up semi-automous city-states for example. But doesn't seem to be any move towards anything but 1 state or 2 states.

Why not let one of the huge muslim nations give Palistinians some of their country to call theirs?

Always wrong.

Why not let one of the huge muslim nations give Palistinians some of their country to call theirs?

They already have land..It's being illegally occupied by Israel right now.

Always wrong.

Shit happens when you start wars and lose!

Always wrong.

Don't start shit and get your fucking asses beat.
:dunno:

It's over now. Palestinians can fuck off. They better not start more shit or they will lose more land. Kinda like what happened with the Injuns here in America.

Always wrong.

It's over now. Palestinians can fuck off. They better not start more shit or they will lose more land. Kinda like what happened with the Injuns here in America.

What do you Russians know about injuns?

Always wrong.

What do you Russians know about injuns?

They are pals with Elizabeth "Fauxcohontas" Warren.

John Kerry in 2016 told the world that a peace deal with Israel and the Arab world was IMPOSSIBLE without the Palestinians being involved in it.

Here is what he said

“There will be no separate peace between Israel and the Arab world,” Kerry angrily announced. “I want to make that very clear with all of you.”

“I’ve heard several prominent politicians in Israel sometimes saying, ‘Well, the Arab world is in a different place now. We just have to reach out to them. We can work some things with the Arab world and we’ll deal with the Palestinians,’” he continued. “No. No, no, and no.”

No? Trump just brokered a peace deal with the Arab world and Israel WITHOUT the Palestinian terrorists.

No, no, no, and no!

Hilarious!

So was John Kerry and the Obama administration really this inept and ignorant of international negotiations, or were they secretly steering the Middle East away from peace for other nefarious purposes?

Kerry doesn't need any help from anyone...anyone who believes a word out of this traitor's mouth is an idiot. How many times has he by-passed administrations and illegally negotiated in-approved foreign policy with other nations....and always FAILED?!

Trump did not broker peace with the Arab World. He got a deal with some minor players in the region and did not make it safer.

John Kerry brokered peace with Iran and Cuba.....
Two countries that have been a thorn in our sides for generations

Forum List

Back