Flash Frozen Fish..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
I SWEAR this has nothing to do with the Global Warming/Climate Change argument.
It's here because I want to show my grandchildren what Winter USED to be like in the early 21st Century...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

819904ba-7b70-412e-ae88-b302122b827e_one.jpg

Take the small Norwegian island of Lovund, for instance, where thousands of fish were essentially flash-frozen in a bay as the air temperature dipped to -7.8 degrees Celsius (18 degrees Fahrenheit), according to a report from the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK).

The website posted a photo taken by photographer Ingolf Kristiansen of a school of saithe, a type of codfish, frozen in place close to the shore.

Since only the top layer of lakes, ponds, and other large bodies of water typically freeze, fish and other sea creatures are usually able to survive winters by swimming beneath the icy surface. (Some polar fish even produce antifreeze molecules to reduce the freezing point of their bodily fluids).

Read more: Thousands Of Fish Freeze in Norway Bay - Business Insider

Talk about your inability of species to adapt to rapid Climate Change !!!
Not funny --- these fish died to demonstrate the principle...

HEY !!! Could we get a WEATHER FORUM !!! That would be cool. Because some of this weather stuff is just too interesting..

I wonder how long it's going to take someone to come through and start carving up the ice in chunks and sell the fish at market.

There is no such thing as rapid climate change. The fact that a codfish end up frozen a bay in Norway might be evidence that the globe is cooling. In other words, we freaking didn't do it and we have far, far more to fear from global cooling which is (unfortunately) a normal and likely event judging by geological history.

Hey FlaCalTenn.....mind if I come back and steal this link and pop into the PROOF THE SKEPTICS ARE WINNING thread??

It would be quite appropriate.......but Im starting to feel a bit guilty of piling on in that thread. Its really become a Jonestown for the AGW folks in there.

Hmmm................. Warmest years on record. 2010, 2005, 1998, 2013. Damn right, it's cooling:lol:

You are not allowed to make this argument. If record cold is not evidence against man made global warming, then record warm is not evidence in support of it.

Hmmm................. Warmest years on record. 2010, 2005, 1998, 2013. Damn right, it's cooling:lol:

Just to be on the safe side, let's deprive all of mankind the hydrocarbons that elevated us from hardscrabble existence to economic powerhouse with twice the lifespan of our ancestors. Science itself could not have realized its achievements of the last 150 years without hydrocarbons. Agriculture could not feed the world without the same.

It's here because I want to show my grandchildren what Winter USED to be like in the early 21st Century...

Take the small Norwegian island of Lovund, for instance, where thousands of fish were essentially flash-frozen in a bay as the air temperature dipped to -7.8 degrees Celsius (18 degrees Fahrenheit), according to a report from the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK).

The website posted a photo taken by photographer Ingolf Kristiansen of a school of saithe, a type of codfish, frozen in place close to the shore.

Since only the top layer of lakes, ponds, and other large bodies of water typically freeze, fish and other sea creatures are usually able to survive winters by swimming beneath the icy surface. (Some polar fish even produce antifreeze molecules to reduce the freezing point of their bodily fluids).

HEY !!! Could we get a WEATHER FORUM !!! That would be cool. Because some of this weather stuff is just too interesting..

dead fish tend to get froze in the ice when it forms

you can tell most of the fish are belly up or on their side

wonder what chemical spill they are covering up

how_big_a_problem_is_the_redondo_beach_fish_kill.jpg

You are not allowed to make this argument. If record cold is not evidence against man made global warming, then record warm is not evidence in support of it.

But we're not seeing record cold, hence your idiot logic fails hard.

Denialists, having no data, can only cherrypick single cold days. Rationalists, having actual data, can point to global averages, and don't point to single hot days as evidence of anything.

How much money did you have to give the AGW church and AL Gore to offset the carbon cost of that post?

Gore rule invoked. Kosh plays the 'tard this time and forfeits the thread for his side.

And yes, it is always denialist 'tards who rave about Al Gore. He's kind of a diety figure to them. An evil deity, but definitely a deity. Rational people, OTOH, don't care about him.

But we're not seeing record cold, hence your idiot logic fails hard.

Denialists, having no data, can only cherrypick single cold days. Rationalists, having actual data, can point to global averages, and don't point to single hot days as evidence of anything.

suuuuuure we're not:lol::lol: What a silly person you are!

Record Cold Sweeps US

Ken Bredemeier

January 06, 2014

WASHINGTON — People in much of the United States are dealing with cold weather not seen in 20 years.

The National Weather Service is calling the polar air mass sweeping across the country "dangerously cold," and has posted wind chill warnings for Monday that stretch from North Dakota to New York in the north and as far as Alabama in the deep south.

The World's Coldest Temperatures

Source: World Meteorological Organization The mayor of Indianapolis in the central part of the country, Greg Ballard, said the extreme temperatures are life-threatening.

"This weather combination that we are seeing right now with all of the snow and the cold is unlike anything that we've seen in decades in this area and I can't emphasize that enough. The cold really scares me and as such that we will have temperatures that are potentially deadly or certainly look like life-altering temperatures," Ballard said.

Record Cold Sweeps US

dead fish tend to get froze in the ice when it forms

you can tell most of the fish are belly up or on their side

wonder what chemical spill they are covering up

how_big_a_problem_is_the_redondo_beach_fish_kill.jpg

None of the reports mention sightings of dead fish prior to the quick freeze.. Go look at the other Google pix of Lovund Norway.. It's limited to a small part of the harbor and consistent with a school being chased by a predator towards shore.

Forum List

Back