Flammable Disney

cranston36

Apr 11, 2006
Disney Corporation has, in my opinion, been slipping into a strange place over the last few years.
As an international entertainment and communication corporation they have become broad in their appeal and equally broad in their activities.
I saw parts of a movie the other day produced by Disney in Asia in which they partnered with a company by the name of ‘Toilet Pictures’.
In the movie a girl of about 6 years of age says after reading ‘Snow White‘, ‘…and they lived happily ever after. Yeah, right. S**t. We grow up with this crap. That’s why we have little stupid princesses around.’
A visit to children’s clothing departments may reveal another changed aspect of Disney Corporation’s attitude towards children.
The Flammable Fabrics Act calls for all untreated cotton sleepwear to be labeled "WEAR SNUG-FITTING NOT FLAME RESISTANT" and to carry a label that says, "FOR CHILD’S SAFETY, GARMENT SHOULD FIT SNUGLY. THIS GARMENT IS NOT FLAME RESISTANT. LOOSE-FITTING GARMENT IS MORE LIKELY TO CATCH FIRE. "
It appears that not all of the sleepwear and children’s clothing that is supposed to be tagged and labeled are actually being tagged and labeled. Not tagging and labeling the clothing correctly is a cost saving device.
Also, the American Broadcasting Company, (ABC), owned by Disney, showed a 5 hour fictional made-for-tv movie called ‘Path to 9/11’ on 9/11.
The Disney Company (through ABC) may be able to claim tens to hundreds of millions of dollars in tax write-offs because the FCC allowed them to call the exploitation film a public service announcement.
Whatever goodness Walt Disney injected into the company seems to have been flushed away a long time ago.
What has greed done to this once respectable company?

Disney Corporation has, in my opinion, been slipping into a strange place over the last few years.
As an international entertainment and communication corporation they have become broad in their appeal and equally broad in their activities.
I saw parts of a movie the other day produced by Disney in Asia in which they partnered with a company by the name of ‘Toilet Pictures’.
In the movie a girl of about 6 years of age says after reading ‘Snow White‘, ‘…and they lived happily ever after. Yeah, right. S**t. We grow up with this crap. That’s why we have little stupid princesses around.’
A visit to children’s clothing departments may reveal another changed aspect of Disney Corporation’s attitude towards children.
The Flammable Fabrics Act calls for all untreated cotton sleepwear to be labeled "WEAR SNUG-FITTING NOT FLAME RESISTANT" and to carry a label that says, "FOR CHILD’S SAFETY, GARMENT SHOULD FIT SNUGLY. THIS GARMENT IS NOT FLAME RESISTANT. LOOSE-FITTING GARMENT IS MORE LIKELY TO CATCH FIRE. "
It appears that not all of the sleepwear and children’s clothing that is supposed to be tagged and labeled are actually being tagged and labeled. Not tagging and labeling the clothing correctly is a cost saving device.
Also, the American Broadcasting Company, (ABC), owned by Disney, showed a 5 hour fictional made-for-tv movie called ‘Path to 9/11’ on 9/11.
The Disney Company (through ABC) may be able to claim tens to hundreds of millions of dollars in tax write-offs because the FCC allowed them to call the exploitation film a public service announcement.
Whatever goodness Walt Disney injected into the company seems to have been flushed away a long time ago.
What has greed done to this once respectable company?

What has dope done to your mind, boy?

Not that it matters because its obvious your opinions have no basis in reality, but Disney's stock has actually doubled in the past 2 years because of better management and company changes. They acquired Pixar which has led to lucrative DVD sales. They keep churning out big hits at the box office. They have a cable TV network that does relatively well. They run and own ESPN, ABC and several other popular cable channels. Then of course there is the theme parks.

I think Disney is doing quite well. If people shared your opinion, then the stock would reflect that. So by the stock price, I'd have to say that people disagree with your simplistic opinion.

Not that it matters because its obvious your opinions have no basis in reality, but Disney's stock has actually doubled in the past 2 years because of better management and company changes. They acquired Pixar which has led to lucrative DVD sales. They keep churning out big hits at the box office. They have a cable TV network that does relatively well. They run and own ESPN, ABC and several other popular cable channels. Then of course there is the theme parks.

I think Disney is doing quite well. If people shared your opinion, then the stock would reflect that. So by the stock price, I'd have to say that people disagree with your simplistic opinion.

Actually, they have 3. They've got a station on the east coast, one for the west coast, and one that does nothing but cartoons. I have satellite. :)

Actually, they have 3. They've got a station on the east coast, one for the west coast, and one that does nothing but cartoons. I have satellite. :)

I watch none of them, but they seem to be popular with preteen girls as evidenced by my little sister and my girlfriends niece's always watching Disney Channel.

Disney's always been weird. That's why Walt Disney's frozen head is in the "Disney Vault" along with all of those special relase DVDs the Disney advertisements talk about.

Forum List

Back