Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
Unethical or a sign of things to come?

100402-sign-hmed-230p.hmedium.jpg

Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters - Health care- msnbc.com

IT is his practice he can accept any patient or not he determines the reasons. That is America

The modern version of that oath reads:

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

It says nothing about politics. However, politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care."

you people are a joke to even support this jackass doctor

IT is his practice he can accept any patient or not he determines the reasons. That is America

True, except Obama is in charge so im sure someone will argue that he has to accept patients he doesnt want to.

god you people are a shit load of a joke.. he has not fucking right to do this. he does not need to supporot obama but there no reason for this.

why are you guys avoiding this?

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

It says nothing about politics. However, politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care."

god you people are a shit load of a joke.. he has not fucking right to do this. he does not need to supporot obama but there no reason for this.

why are you guys avoiding this?

Section 9.012:

Because in defense of their standards, they are willing to destroy their standards....

its funny how gop likes to deny healthcare for people. you people should be ashamed on yourself.

Who has denied healthcare to anyone? Why should someone be forced to work for someone they don't want to?

Section 9.012:

you people are a joke to even support this jackass doctor

Thank you, for posting this.

If I were his patient, republican, democrat or whatever or no party affiliation, I would NOT EVER in a million years, keep him as my Doctor.

If I were his patient, republican, democrat or whatever or no party affiliation, I would NOT EVER in a million years, keep him as my Doctor.

And that's your right and the right of anyone else. but what about his rights?

his right to what avatar?

Free speech to begin with. Whether or not he asks patients their political position? I believe the sign advised patients to seek another provider? He wasn't telling them to 'drop dead.'

The fact that such things are occurring illustrates how poisoned our culture has become via political climate. When people feel impotent to being heard, they will seek out alternative routes. The Left is spinning that the Right wants only their way, untrue. What they want is acknowledgment that their concerns are being addressed. Instead we've met with a President that when challenged responds a lot like Truthmattersnot. "I won, sit down." "Bring me your plans, if I agree we'll talk about them." "Show me alternatives that have done as much as I propose to do." "The people will like it, once in place."

the doctor has a right to practice medicine any way he chooses. If he chooses not to be abused by the big government takeover of health care than that's his choice.. but democwats aren't about "pro choice" are you?

Does he have the right to break his CODE OF ETHICS for his profession?

Does he have the right to take tax payer's money for his education and then not serve tax payers?

Does he have a right to not serve a black person just because he is black?
Where are his rights on that one Avatar?

He admitted that some of his patients have complained about the sign. One person has walked away.

The only way they will stop this nonsense is for many to stop going to him.. I understand his district is Republican so nobody is going to make this a lesson to him. Nationally he looks like a jerk and it doesn't really help after vicious Repub responses to Healthcare reform.

I still think they're digging their own graves, perception is everything and voters are going to get very tired of redneck Republicans thinking they are speaking for them.

Forum List

Back