Five myths about federal workers

1. Federal workers ARE overpaid. The ones at the lower, non-skilled or barely-skilled, levels are paid much more than their private sector counterparts.

The higher end federal workers are often underpaid in comparison to their private sector counterparts.

So, it's neither a myth nor is it a fact.

2. The federal workforce IS bigger than ever. You can't exclude a federal employer and THEN say the federal employee roster is the same as it was a decade ago.

So, not a myth.

3. While true that a federal employee can be fired, it is very hard to do so compared to the private sector. Very hard.

4. :lmao: As someone who USED to work directly for the US government, I have never in my life encountered as much necessary paperwork that I had to do. And my job was not an administrative position in the least.

5. Just because the reduction in deficit is not large, does not mean that there is no reduction.

That is no myth.

1. Federal workers ARE overpaid. The ones at the lower, non-skilled or barely-skilled, levels are paid much more than their private sector counterparts.

The higher end federal workers are often underpaid in comparison to their private sector counterparts.

2. The federal workforce IS bigger than ever. You can't exclude a federal employer and THEN say the federal employee roster is the same as it was a decade ago.

So, not a myth.

3. While true that a federal employee can be fired, it is very hard to do so compared to the private sector. Very hard.

4. :lmao: As someone who USED to work directly for the US government, I have never in my life encountered as much necessary paperwork that I had to do. And my job was not an administrative position in the least.

5. Just because the reduction in deficit is not large, does not mean that there is no reduction.

That is no myth.

Retard

Total Government Employment Since 1962

So, not a myth.

That is no myth.

Retard

Ohhh, ya got me on one of them.

:thup:

Can you go for two?

So, not a myth.

That is no myth.

Retard

Ohhh, ya got me on one of them.

:thup:

Can you go for two?

Considering that you were talking out of your ass how hard is that?

You misunderstood myth 4, those most goverment workers are paperpushers you dumbass, when they are not and federal workers are not overpaid when education like college degrees are taken into consideration, so you lose, big time fail!!!!!!

You misunderstood myth 4, those most goverment workers are paperpushers you dumbass, when they are not and federal workers are not overpaid when education like college degrees are taken into consideration, so you lose, big time fail!!!!!!
Nah, I don't fail on that.

I don't expect any simpler words would clarify that for you, though.

Th rightwing shatheads will still repeat the same shat, maybe this post is useless.

Have YOU ever worked for the government? Any of your family or close friends? If not, then you don't know a thing in the world about it.

My husband retired from civil service. Worked as equipment inspector in Supply. He said they could have fired every 3rd person and still got the job done. One of his jobs while working for the government was forklift operator. He earned $16.00/hour. He retired in 1996. he now works seasonally for our local fair doing the same work for $12.00/hour, in 2011. You do the math. He also was astounded to learn that on the outside, they actually expect you to WORK.

And in the 35 years he worked he never saw any body fired unless they stole something. Because like he always said "don't steal from the government, they don't like the competition." Another favorite among ANYBODY who has ever worked for the government is: "Aw, it's good enough for government work."

My mother also was retired civil service, a supervisor, and it was almost impossible to fire anybody, more so if they were a minority. They had to have either stolen something or killed somebody.

I remember a rerun of I Love Lucy shot in 1954 where they are at the Passport office before they are to go to Europe. Lucy is late and Fred and Ethel tell the guy behind the counter they will report him if he doesn't wait. He responds: "I am in civil service, you want to get rid of me, you will have to wait until I'm dead."

So, unless YOU have actually worked for the government, I think I'd embark on another topic if I were you.

Last edited:

Th rightwing shatheads will still repeat the same shat, maybe this post is useless.

Have YOU every worked for the government? Any of your family or close friends? If not, then you don't know a thing in the world about it.

My husband retired from civil service. Worked as equipment inspector in Supply. He said they could have fired every 3rd person and still got the job done. One of his jobs while working for the government was forklift operator. He earned $16.00/hour. He retired in 1996. he now works seasonally for our local fair doing the same work for $12.00/hour, in 2011. You do the math. He also was astounded to learn that on the outside, they actually expect you to WORK.

And in the 35 years he worked he never saw any body fired unless they stole something. Because like he always said "don't steal from the government, they don't like the competition." Nother favorite among ANYBODY who has ever worked for the government is: "Aw, it's good enough for government work."

My mother also was retired civil service, a supervisor, and it was almost impossible to fire anybody, more so if they were a minority. They had to have either stolen something or killed somebody.

I remember a rerun of I Love Lucy shot in 1954 where they are at the Passport office before they are to go to Europe. Lucy is late and Fred and Ethel tell the guy behind the counter they will report him if he doesn't wait. He responds: "I am in civil service, you want to get rid of me, you will have to wait until I'm dead."

So, unless YOU have actually worked for the government, I think I'd embark on another topic if I were you.

I am in the military and have relatives who work for the federal govt, one o whom posts here, you can't tell me shat about federal workers.

Have YOU every worked for the government? Any of your family or close friends? If not, then you don't know a thing in the world about it.

And in the 35 years he worked he never saw any body fired unless they stole something. Because like he always said "don't steal from the government, they don't like the competition." Nother favorite among ANYBODY who has ever worked for the government is: "Aw, it's good enough for government work."

I am in the military and have relatives who work for the federal govt, one o whom posts here, you can't tell me shat about federal workers.

Oh, but I just did. And I not implying that my husband's experience was BAD, during the 70s and 80s when people were being laid off from one thing and the next, HE had a job! His brother and father are retired military, husband was drafted in 1967, did not stay in, so we also know a thing. Your perspective may be different. But suffice to say, my husband works harder now than he ever did for the government. My mother, uncle, who also retired, said the same.

Last edited:

I don't think ROAD soldiers should say they're 'in the military'.

Oh, but I just did.

I just told you and I do work with them now and have for the last 10 years. They can be fired and do get fired.

Oh, but I just did.

I just told you and I do work with them now and have for the last 10 years. They can be fired and do get fired.

Well then what do you know? things HAVE changed then. Thank you for serving our country in the military. We LOVE the military and are proud of all of you, truly.

My career started in the private sector (corporations). Then I went to academia. Then I went to federal government.

Now, I'm private again, contracting for the government.

In general and in my experience, the least efficient and most wasteful of the bunch is academia - by far, no comparison. But, when they waste with inefficiencies, it's small beans compared to the federal budget. The federal government is quite efficient in some areas, but the number of administrative assistants needed to support those who do actually get work done is crazy - absolutely insane. That is very wasteful and very inefficient. The yearly audits by the federal government on the federal government typically demonstrate the inefficiencies and waste.

The private sector is by far the most efficient and least wasteful. And, for our Marxist comrades out there, that result is completely in line with Marxist theory on workers.

Just my experience and opinion.

Last edited:
My career started in the private sector (corporations). Then I went to academia. Then I went to federal government.

Now, I'm private again, contracting for the government.

In general and in my experience, the least efficient and most wasteful of the bunch is academia - by far, no comparison. But, when they waste with inefficiencies, it's small beans compared to the federal budget. The federal government is quite efficient in some areas, but the number of administrative assistants needed to support those who do actually get work done is crazy - absolutely insane. That is very wasteful and very inefficient. The yearly audits by the federal government on the federal government typically demonstrate the inefficiencies and waste.

The private sector is by far the most efficient and least wasteful. And, for our Marxist comrades out there, that result is completely in line with Marxist theory on workers.

Just my experience and opinion.

Be careful the Si. Flaylo will acuse you of throwing all those wonderful overabundant Govt workers under the bus. LOL

He apparantly thinks they are all necessary and work their asses off.

Here's what I would like to do with government workers... Give every third government worker a pink slip. Make them go find a job in the private sector. Cut their pensions and tell them that from now on, they have to do matching 401K's, just like the rest of us in the private sector. Get rid of their freakin unions and actually make it so that they can get fired. Absolutely abolish the Department of Education. That would do for a start...

If you're trying to make me feel sorry for government workers at the Federal or state level... I really missed it.

Forum List

Back