Fish. Good or bad ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Actually it's both...

Generally you want to eat small fish caught in the wild, and avoid large fish (high in mercury) or anything farm-raised. I was surprised to learn that canned sardines and mackerel are really good for you - super-high in omega-3 oil (the stuff that's good for you).

Last edited:
Actually it's both...

Generally you want to eat small fish caught in the wild, and avoid large fish or anything farm-raised. I was surprised to learn that canned sardines and mackerel are really good for you - super-high in omega-3 oil (the stuff that's good for you).

That reminds me, pick up some farm raised salmon, haddock and breaded, deep fried cod. :thup:

Actually it's both...

Generally you want to eat small fish caught in the wild, and avoid large fish or anything farm-raised. I was surprised to learn that canned sardines and mackerel are really good for you - super-high in omega-3 oil (the stuff that's good for you).

That reminds me, pick up some farm raised salmon, haddock and breaded, deep fried cod. :thup:

And a pacemaker.

Good article. Thanks.
1595269027260.png

Actually it's both...

And a pacemaker.

The only pacemakers I have are the speed limit signs (when cops are present) and traffic volume.........

As much as I'd love to throw caution to the wind and eat whatever I want, I think I'll take my chances and do a little research first.

As much as I'd love to throw caution to the wind and eat whatever I want, I think I'll take my chances and do a little research first.
Good for you, remember that when you're finally laying in a hospital bed dying from nothing at whatever age your expiration date is set for........... :eusa_whistle:

I still prefer the white death of pure granulated sugar, that made southern sweet tea famous.

I dont eat fresh water fish. Just salt water, as I have taste buds

I'm kinda with you.
But I love me some Crappie!!! Black bass is pretty good as well.
Catfish can be good but you have to know how to cook it or it comes out mushy.
But given the choice I'll take Spec,Redfish,Grouper,Red snapper,Flounder and a host of others over fresh water fish.
They just have more flavor and more distinct flavors.
One of my all time favorites is stuffed Flounder.

Actually it's both...

Generally you want to eat small fish caught in the wild, and avoid large fish (high in mercury) or anything farm-raised. I was surprised to learn that canned sardines and mackerel are really good for you - super-high in omega-3 oil (the stuff that's good for you).

When harvesting any fish from a stream or river, try to catch them from areas with the strongest/fastest current. Doing this will reduce pollutants consumed when eating their flesh. Same thing applies to gathering drinking water in a survival situation. Also, most fish flesh can be "sanitized" by soaking it overnight in saltwater and/or vinegar, depending on one's tastes. Orange or lemon juice will also draw out toxins from fish meat.

New Topics

Forum List

Back