First Time:US the Dictatorship.

Do YOU think we should become a dictatorship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thobbs

Rookie
Sep 9, 2014
Hello. I am new to this site, so I'm not exactly sure what to post, or what not to. I feel half afraid of it really. But here I go anyways. I'll admit it, I am young, but I still have opinions. This essay ( and I should probably use the word loosely!) is my first. Please, criticize to your hearts content.

Have you ever thought "Our nation is just falling imbehind." or " Our leaders arent helping us out!"? If not, you probably should! I believe the U.S government should become a dictatorship. Why? Because A. Throughout history, many a democracy has been proven to be slow and weak. B. Not all dictatorships in history have been bad, even though many have been. And finally, C. Under a dictatorship, we could rise to be a stronger global power!

My first reason is the point that many democratic governments are slow and weak. Our (US) government is democratic, and right now congress has over 9,000+ laws, acts, and other things sitting on their plate waiting. They are going VERY slowly. Second, Politicions may be looking to cover their behinds when they read over a law or act that could be beneficial to other cititzens, but not so to them, so they may not bring it up at all! Finally, democracy as a whole could cause the fall of our nation, because when things get tied up, things move slowly, and they may be to slow to act against an internal or external threat to the nation!

My second reason is that while many were AND still are, not all dictatorships are bad, with the right leadership that is. For example, look at Napolean Bonaparte or Julius Caeser. Both were loved by the people, and they also expanded their respective empires, France and Rome, to never before seen limits for them! A good leader could also be found if the one we did install became inadequate, or a leader could even be bred from birth to be a great dictator that is bothloved and powerful enough. Again, Finally, Dictatorships throughout history have been known to be THE quickest government to react to the events.

My third and final reason is that if we become a dictatorship, we could rise in power in the world. Again, looking at Napolean or Julius as an example, before they came to power their respective countries were not as strong, and therefore not as good a power in the world, BUT when they came to power, France and Rome expanded their lands, economies, and other aspects of their lives by many fold! Also, if we became stronger in the world, other countries may not be so eager to hurt or try to hurt our people. And if we become a strong nation, we will then have the power to help our allies in the world, probably improving their lives for the better, and they could help us if we ever needed it.

So, in conclusion, I believe that we (US) should become a dictatorship because Democracy is slow and weak, not all the dictatorships in the world are bad, and that we could rise to become a stronger global power!

-Thobbs

Welcome to USMB, Thobbs! I've read through your essay and noticed a few unsupported claims. Could you dig up some evidence that supports each of the alleged facts you assert in your post? For your benefit, I've highlighted the unsupported claims in red for you.

Hello. I am new to this site, so I'm not exactly sure what to post, or what not to. I feel half afraid of it really. But here I go anyways. I'll admit it, I am young, but I still have opinions. This essay ( and I should probably use the word loosely!) is my first. Please, criticize to your hearts content.

Have you ever thought "Our nation is just falling imbehind." or " Our leaders arent helping us out!"? If not, you probably should! I believe the U.S government should become a dictatorship. Why? Because A. Throughout history, many a democracy has been proven to be slow and weak. B. Not all dictatorships in history have been bad, even though many have been. And finally, C. Under a dictatorship, we could rise to be a stronger global power!

My first reason is the point that many democratic governments are slow and weak. Our (US) government is democratic, and right now congress has over 9,000+ laws, acts, and other things sitting on their plate waiting. They are going VERY slowly. Second, Politicions may be looking to cover their behinds when they read over a law or act that could be beneficial to other cititzens, but not so to them, so they may not bring it up at all! Finally, democracy as a whole could cause the fall of our nation, because when things get tied up, things move slowly, and they may be to slow to act against an internal or external threat to the nation!

My second reason is that while many were AND still are, not all dictatorships are bad, with the right leadership that is. For example, look at Napolean Bonaparte or Julius Caeser. Both were loved by the people, and they also expanded their respective empires, France and Rome, to never before seen limits for them! A good leader could also be found if the one we did install became inadequate, or a leader could even be bred from birth to be a great dictator that is bothloved and powerful enough. Again, Finally, Dictatorships throughout history have been known to be THE quickest government to react to the events.

My third and final reason is that if we become a dictatorship, we could rise in power in the world. Again, looking at Napolean or Julius as an example, before they came to power their respective countries were not as strong, and therefore not as good a power in the world, BUT when they came to power, France and Rome expanded their lands, economies, and other aspects of their lives by many fold! Also, if we became stronger in the world, other countries may not be so eager to hurt or try to hurt our people. And if we become a strong nation, we will then have the power to help our allies in the world, probably improving their lives for the better, and they could help us if we ever needed it.

So, in conclusion, I believe that we (US) should become a dictatorship because Democracy is slow and weak, not all the dictatorships in the world are bad, and that we could rise to become a stronger global power!

-Thobbs

megalomania-aprchallenge-kool-aid-jonestown-demotivational-poster-1272544611.jpg

Of course! I will provide a number of links if that's fine, although some of these things I learned in my history classes.

9000+ legislations- Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

Napolean bonaparte- Napoleon Bonaparte - Facts Summary - HISTORY.com

Julius caeser- http://www.biography.com/people/julius-caesar-9192504

Weak democracies- The Failure of Democracy Frank L. Ludwig

I would post more links or provide more information but I find myself running out of time. Thank you for outlining these things to me!

So, you hold Rome up as an example of a great dictatorship?

What happened to that country, again?

Oh yes, and France... since dictatorship is so great, surely they still use that form of government today, right? No? Oh, I see.

What point were you trying to make, again?

You are so misguided it hurts.

You look at two dictators that weren't absolute scum and ignore the fact those dictators set the stage for corrupt successors.

Also, there is a limit to how much land the leader of a country or "empire" can effectively control before its subordinate bureaucrats rise against him or her and attempt a coup or secession. Russia is a fine example of that.

If you think Obama's power grab via bypassing a deadlocked Congress with executive orders is a good thing, you are wrong. Just because he abuses his authority with the flimsy excuse that Congress won't act doesn't justify his behavior. Wrong is wrong.

There are ways to correct an ineffective Congress, but unilateral action is not it.

-Thobbs

Welcome to the Board!

Go Fuck yourself and drop dead and not necessarily in that order

-Thobbs

Welcome to the Board!

Go Fuck yourself and drop dead and not necessarily in that order

Now that's a proper USMB welcome!

Forum List

Back