First Tennessee Female Combat Engineer Goes AWOL

Nah, I stayed in until my honorable discharge was awarded to me. I'm a misogynist like that.

i'm going to ask what are probably two stupid questions (because they'll get a stupid answers) but do you think she was the first person to ever not return after convalescent leave?

why do you think 'equality' has anything to do with her awol (and now deserter) status?

Last edited:
Rolling Back Order for Military to Use Women in All Combat Roles...

Paul Ryan Won’t Say If He Supports Rolling Back Order for Military to Use Women in All Combat Roles
February 4, 2016 | At his weekly press briefing on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan would not say if he supports congressional action to roll back or restrict the military’s use of women in combat roles.
Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has ordered the armed services to open all combat roles in the U.S. military to women. “There will be no exceptions,” Carter said at a Dec. 3 press conference. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before. “They'll be allowed to drive tanks, fire mortars, and lead infantry soldiers into combat,” said Carter. “They'll be able to serve as Army rangers and green berets, Navy SEALS, Marine Corps infantry, Air Force parajumpers and everything else that was previously open only to men.”

At today’s briefing, CNSNews.com asked Speaker Ryan whether in light of Carter’s order he will support any congressional action to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military.

CNSNews.com: “Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has ordered that all combat roles in the U.S. military be open to women. Will you support any action by Congress to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military?”

Ryan: “I am going to leave this up to the committees. Again, I think people are used to the speaker sort of consolidating power and predetermining the outcome of everything around here. That is not the kind of speaker I am going to be. So, I would just, I hate to say it, but I am going to turn you over to the Armed Services Committee. Talk to them, because we are not going to make these decisions in the Speaker’s office. “I believe Congress should work the way it was intended to work: Bottom up, members of Congress have their voices, the committees take the lead on policy. So, this is not an issue that I have spent a great deal of time on. Why? Because we have a fantastic chairman in [Rep.] Mac Thornberry. And, so, I would just defer you to him."

MORE

See also:

‘No, No, No, No’--Pelosi Says She Opposes Restrictions on Women in Combat
February 4, 2016 | At her weekly press briefing on Thursday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said that she does not support Congress taking any action to restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military.
In December, Defense Secretary Ashton Carter announced that the Defense Department was opening all combat roles to women. At the briefing, CNSNews.com asked Pelosi if she supported any action by Congress to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat.

CNSNews.com: “Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has ordered that all combat roles in the U.S. military be open to women. Would you support any action by Congress to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military?

Pelosi: "Will I support actions to restrict?"

CNSNews.com: "Yes."

CNSNews.com: “No, no, no, no. I think that women can—while it’s an individual thing for men and for women as to the task—but I support removing any barriers to women serving in the military, including becoming commander in chief.

MORE

Rolling Back Order for Military to Use Women in All Combat Roles...

Paul Ryan Won’t Say If He Supports Rolling Back Order for Military to Use Women in All Combat Roles
February 4, 2016 | At his weekly press briefing on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan would not say if he supports congressional action to roll back or restrict the military’s use of women in combat roles.
Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has ordered the armed services to open all combat roles in the U.S. military to women. “There will be no exceptions,” Carter said at a Dec. 3 press conference. “This means that, as long as they qualify and meet the standards, women will now be able to contribute to our mission in ways they could not before. “They'll be allowed to drive tanks, fire mortars, and lead infantry soldiers into combat,” said Carter. “They'll be able to serve as Army rangers and green berets, Navy SEALS, Marine Corps infantry, Air Force parajumpers and everything else that was previously open only to men.”

At today’s briefing, CNSNews.com asked Speaker Ryan whether in light of Carter’s order he will support any congressional action to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military.

CNSNews.com: “Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has ordered that all combat roles in the U.S. military be open to women. Will you support any action by Congress to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military?”

Ryan: “I am going to leave this up to the committees. Again, I think people are used to the speaker sort of consolidating power and predetermining the outcome of everything around here. That is not the kind of speaker I am going to be. So, I would just, I hate to say it, but I am going to turn you over to the Armed Services Committee. Talk to them, because we are not going to make these decisions in the Speaker’s office. “I believe Congress should work the way it was intended to work: Bottom up, members of Congress have their voices, the committees take the lead on policy. So, this is not an issue that I have spent a great deal of time on. Why? Because we have a fantastic chairman in [Rep.] Mac Thornberry. And, so, I would just defer you to him."

MORE

See also:

‘No, No, No, No’--Pelosi Says She Opposes Restrictions on Women in Combat
February 4, 2016 | At her weekly press briefing on Thursday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said that she does not support Congress taking any action to restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military.
In December, Defense Secretary Ashton Carter announced that the Defense Department was opening all combat roles to women. At the briefing, CNSNews.com asked Pelosi if she supported any action by Congress to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat.

CNSNews.com: “Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has ordered that all combat roles in the U.S. military be open to women. Would you support any action by Congress to roll back or restrict the use of women in combat by the U.S. military?

Pelosi: "Will I support actions to restrict?"

CNSNews.com: "Yes."

CNSNews.com: “No, no, no, no. I think that women can—while it’s an individual thing for men and for women as to the task—but I support removing any barriers to women serving in the military, including becoming commander in chief.

MORE
paul ryan won't say because it's not something he will likely have to deal with. taking a stand either way would stir up controversy he doesn't need

come on SixFoot, tell us why you think this story had anything to do with equality, or why you think it was even newsworthy

i'm going to ask what are probably two stupid questions (because they'll get a stupid answers) but do you think she was the first person to ever not return after convalescent leave?

why do you think 'equality' has anything to do with her awol (and now deserter) status?

"Women can do anything they set their mind to just as well as men I don't really see any difference at all."

"Women can do anything they set their mind to just as well as men I don't really see any difference at all."
and it turns out women can desert just as men can

or are you saying that no man has ever failed to return from convalescent leave?

or are you saying that no man has ever failed to return from convalescent leave?

goalpost.jpg

View attachment 62416
what point did you prove?
let me ask you this, what do you think her enlistment as a combat engineer had to do with anything?

View attachment 62416
let me ask you this, what do you think her enlistment as a combat engineer had to do with anything?

Lets be honest here; you're not really asking any questions. ;)

View attachment 62416

no i am. really. tell me why you think, or if you think, that matters.

View attachment 62416

I oppose women in combat. You already know that. So again, lets try the honesty route for a moment and say what you really want to say. :)

View attachment 62416

I oppose women in combat. You already know that. So again, lets try the honesty route for a moment and say what you really want to say. :)
ok. you oppose that. you're part of the past.

but I'm asking you if you think she is the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave

I'm asking you why you think enlisting as a combat engineer matters

what point do you think the story makes about 'equality?'

but I'm asking you if you think she is the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave

What unit were you in again?

What unit were you in again?
irrelevant.

why can't you answer the questions?
was she the first to ever fail to return?
why does her enlistment as a combat engineer matter?

Forum List

Back