First State moves to abolish Police Officers Bill of Rights.

Committing a crime is committing a crime. To bring up Obama is saying you are a member of a cult.
If an obsma voter on crack was threatening you or your family I bet you’d call a cop to come and save you

What an idiotic question!

So let me ask you:

If you or your family were threatened by a sober (or more probably drunk) Trump supporter would you not call the police?

That's a much more probable scenario.

Maryland was the first state to create what has become a national standard. The Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights. These laws vary from State to State and generally speaking give police officers rights and privileges when investigated for wrongdoing that the average citizen might only dream of.

As one example. If you are suspected of a crime you are going to be questioned immediately. If you want a lawyer, you can ask for one. And the cops will hold you until the lawyer arrives.

Unless you are a cop. Then you get to go home and have five days to arrange an appointment to return with a lawyer to answer questions. I am sure that murderers and rapists would love five days to delay the questions from investigators. If they were a cop that would not be the only privilege they had.

Maryland was first to enact the LEOBR. Now it looks like they will be the first to ditch it.

Welcome to the world the rest of us have lived in Officer.
Maryland Democrats are scumbags. Hope their loved ones are murdered because defunded police could not respond.

So any reform effort. No matter how insignificant should result in dead families. In your world anyone who does not share your views deserves death. Got it.
Nope. Anyone wanting more crime victims for the sake of winning over black voter's deserves to be a victim themselves.

Maryland was the first state to create what has become a national standard. The Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights. These laws vary from State to State and generally speaking give police officers rights and privileges when investigated for wrongdoing that the average citizen might only dream of.

As one example. If you are suspected of a crime you are going to be questioned immediately. If you want a lawyer, you can ask for one. And the cops will hold you until the lawyer arrives.

Unless you are a cop. Then you get to go home and have five days to arrange an appointment to return with a lawyer to answer questions. I am sure that murderers and rapists would love five days to delay the questions from investigators. If they were a cop that would not be the only privilege they had.

Maryland was first to enact the LEOBR. Now it looks like they will be the first to ditch it.

Maryland Democrats are scumbags. Hope their loved ones are murdered because defunded police could not respond.

So any reform effort. No matter how insignificant should result in dead families. In your world anyone who does not share your views deserves death. Got it.
Nope. Anyone wanting more crime victims for the sake of winning over black voter's deserves to be a victim themselves.
You're so full of shit your breath stinks.

“The Supreme Court of Georgia on Monday vacated a ruling that shielded three white former sheriff’s deputies from felony charges stemming from the death of a mentally ill Black man. “

thats it?

no background on the shooting?

this is typically bad journalism that plagues America

More information.

Thanks for the info

I dont assign any blame to flanders since he was mentally compromised

as for the actions of the cops they were trying to use non lethal force

so I guess the jury will have to decide after hearing more evidence

The question of tier stops comes into play. A tier one stop the person is absolutely free to walk away. To escalate to a tier two you have to reasonably suspect they have or will commit a crime. That is why the “loitering” excuse was brought out. Oh and walking alongside a road with no sidewalks.

The Supreme Court said that was not sufficient. A walking man is not loitering. And you can’t claim someone walking along a public road without a sidewalk is supposed to be on a sidewalk. The reality in Rural Georgia is that people do walk alongside the roads. Saying that each of them is committing a crime is a little asinine.

Now. The question is one of liability. The first cop is almost certainly liable. The second and third are the question. What did they know? Did they arrive and see only the attempted arrest? Did they have a reasonable belief that their fellow officer was acting properly making the arrest?

The unanimous State Supreme Court said the judge who ruled it as qualified for immunity was wrong. So we will have to see what that Judge decides next. What is curious is the Prosecutor actually appealed the ruling when cops are involved. Not a common event. The times they are a changing.
I am not going to litigate this incident

if immunity does not apply that does not make the cops guilty of wrongdoing either

If you or your family were threatened by a sober (or more probably drunk) Trump supporter would you not call the police?
I didnt not ask you a question because I already knew the answer

you would call a cop as fast as you can dial or say “Siri call 911”

and myself, I have time I will call the cops,

but when seconds count the cops may not arrive soon enough

and thats when I may have to use my biden voter adjustment tool

The legislature is not defunding merely reforming. But you decided their families should die anyway. So what special rights that the police have are indispensable? Is getting rid of the employment versus criminal action investigation procedures.

let me put it this way. Let’s say you have a business. It is fixing air conditioner units. You have trucks and employees. One of your employees smokes weed during a job and drives off stoned out of his gourd. He smashes into a van full of special needs kids. You want to fire this guy. By law you can’t. You have to get someone from outside your company to investigate the allegations. The driver is notified that you want to talk to him. He has five days to get a lawyer. One person may ask the questions of your employee. Not two or more.

He refuses to answer any questions. You still can’t fire him. You have to keep him on payroll all this time while your customers are demanding action, and finding another business to get service from.

Now you have a preponderance of evidence that he did it. Does your employee manual specifically prohibit this? If not you can’t fire him. How will your customers react knowing you have not fired the guy? If I told you this is how you must run your business. You would explode. You would argue that you as the employer have the right to hire and fire at will. Remember this is the law not merely a Union Contract provision. By law you can not fire your employee.

Now, this is what the cities, counties, and State of Maryland are enduring. Bad cops they can’t fire. As the employer they should have the right to hire and fire at will correct? But they don’t.

So do they deserve to have their families killed because the cops might face the same employment expectations that everyone else does?

Forum List

Back