First major wind farm approved by Biden Admin (Poll)

Will the Vinyard Wind project, the first major wind farm in the US be a success or Solyndra-2?

• Success! What can go wrong with a project built by the Xiden admin

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Solyndra-2, on steroids. We've seen this movie before.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

View attachment 489513

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?
Wow! 30 gigawatts is a lot of power. I thought Oklahoma had a lot, last time I drove through there. Just a drop in the bucket compared to 30 GW.
Where are you getting this 30 gigawatt horseshit?
From the article. It is a goal announced by Biden in March. This is the first approval toward that goal.
In March, the Biden administration announced a national goal of installing 30 gigawatts of offshore wind capacity by 2030.

The U.S. Interior Department approved the country's first large-scale offshore wind project Tuesday, a final hurdle that reverses course from the Trump administration and sets the stage for a major shift in the energy landscape.
How much of it are taxpayers foot the bill for?
Shit. All of it. Forever. None of this crap is self sustainable.

Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

View attachment 489513

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?
Wow! 30 gigawatts is a lot of power. I thought Oklahoma had a lot, last time I drove through there. Just a drop in the bucket compared to 30 GW.
From the article. It is a goal announced by Biden in March. This is the first approval toward that goal.
In March, the Biden administration announced a national goal of installing 30 gigawatts of offshore wind capacity by 2030.

The U.S. Interior Department approved the country's first large-scale offshore wind project Tuesday, a final hurdle that reverses course from the Trump administration and sets the stage for a major shift in the energy landscape.
How much of it are taxpayers foot the bill for?
Shit. All of it. Forever. None of this crap is self sustainable.

This is a good look at the stupidity of wind and solar....

Why Wind and Solar Energy Are Doomed to Failure

Robert’s paper acknowledges that there are multiple reasons why wind and solar energy will never meet America’s energy needs, but focuses on the particular problem of land use:

Of course, other factors, including the incurable intermittency of renewables as well as the massive amounts of materials, including steel, concrete, copper, and rare earth elements, will limit the deployment of wind and solar. But the biggest barrier is the land-use problem. The ferocity and extent of rural land-use conflicts are showing that any attempt to convert the domestic economy to run solely on renewables is destined to fail.

Why is land use such a problem for wind and solar, but not for coal, nuclear or natural gas? Because wind and solar are pathetically low-intensity energy sources, as reflected in this chart from Bryce’s paper:

Because wind and solar produce so little energy per square mile, an enormous amount of land would have to be devoted to panels and turbines if we seriously tried to get all of our present electricity needs from those weak sources:

Miller and Keith determined that “meeting present-day U.S. electricity consumption, for example, would require 12 percent of the continental U.S. land area for wind.” A bit of math reveals what that 12 percent figure means. The land area of the continental U.S. is about 2.9 million square miles, or 7.6 million square kilometers. Twelve percent of that area would be about 350,000 square miles or 912,000 square kilometers. Therefore, merely meeting America’s current electricity needs with wind energy would require a territory more than two times the size of California.
Suffice to say that this just isn’t going to happen.

For one thing, no one places wind farms in Washington, D.C. or midtown Manhattan. Nor are wind projects slated for Long Island, Marin County, or near any valuable suburban developments. It is rural America that bears the burden of many square miles of wind and solar installations.

And it is a burden: apart from the obvious aesthetic issues, Bryce’s paper reviews substantial medical evidence that the noise produced by wind turbines adversely affects human health. And, of course, wind turbines are fatal to wildlife. As a result of such concerns, rural communities across America–hundreds of them–have risen up to oppose wind turbine developments. These efforts have largely been successful.

View attachment 489513

It's not built yet, turd, and it never will be. The taxpayers will get fed up after they suffer through a couple of power outages.
This is in the east. About the only time they have power outage is in bad storms. As for the Texas scenario. Everybody but Texas is on the National grid. Major portions of normal states never go dark, just for state incompetence at the hands of state government and loosely regulate (or unregulated) private enterprise. Everybody else buys their shortfalls from adjacent states and suppliers, such as TVA. California used to be stupid about power, but got over it. Texas is about the only power dumbasses left.

They aren't dumb....they will fix the one issue that happened one time.......California is stupid, they can't supply power in the middle of the summer, and have rolling black outs every single year. If the cold, northern states adopt California energy policies, they will have rolling blackouts in the middle of winter...and people will die...
They had a host of problems, one of them not being on the national grid and another, having no control over their private vendors. Billing for the ones that had power were pretty interesting also. All I know about the power situation in California was the Enron thing after deregulation. Would not surprise me if they still had problems out there. It is an unusual state with unusual people and politics. Not likely many states want to follow California's energy policies or Texas.
I have lived in Tennessee and Kentucky. TVA is excellent in both states, low priced, efficient and always turns a profit back to Uncle Sam, broad based production from Hydro-electric, Nuclear, fossil fuel and natural gas fired plants and I believe some wind. They supply across several states, control major flooding, navigation for commerce and development of parks and recreational areas. I'm satisfied.

View attachment 489513

It's not built yet, turd, and it never will be. The taxpayers will get fed up after they suffer through a couple of power outages.
This is in the east. About the only time they have power outage is in bad storms. As for the Texas scenario. Everybody but Texas is on the National grid. Major portions of normal states never go dark, just for state incompetence at the hands of state government and loosely regulate (or unregulated) private enterprise. Everybody else buys their shortfalls from adjacent states and suppliers, such as TVA. California used to be stupid about power, but got over it. Texas is about the only power dumbasses left.

They aren't dumb....they will fix the one issue that happened one time.......California is stupid, they can't supply power in the middle of the summer, and have rolling black outs every single year. If the cold, northern states adopt California energy policies, they will have rolling blackouts in the middle of winter...and people will die...
They had a host of problems, one of them not being on the national grid and another, having no control over their private vendors. Billing for the ones that had power were pretty interesting also. All I know about the power situation in California was the Enron thing after deregulation. Would not surprise me if they still had problems out there. It is an unusual state with unusual people and politics. Not likely many states want to follow California's energy policies or Texas.
I have lived in Tennessee and Kentucky. TVA is excellent in both states, low priced, efficient and always turns a profit back to Uncle Sam, broad based production from Hydro-electric, Nuclear, fossil fuel and natural gas fired plants and I believe some wind. They supply across several states, control major flooding, navigation for commerce and development of parks and recreational areas. I'm satisfied.

Yeah....and the democrats want to end Hydro-electric, natural gas, nuclear and fossil fuels.......

View attachment 489513

Yeah....and the democrats want to end Hydro-electric, natural gas, nuclear and fossil fuels.......
Good luck. People gave up on trying to kill TVA years ago, as it is probably the most effective, efficient, productive and well managed program in the whole government.

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.
Nope we know how to build them up here. Have large wind farm in Van Wert Ohio runs year round no issues what so ever. Up here in the north we are not idiots like Texas.

View attachment 489513

I am very worried about the cancer the noise causes from these damn windmills.
MAGA
LOL!! The fisherman got their asses handed to them by the Xiden Group. The articles make it sound like its a done deal, a "shovel ready" job! I'm waiting for the courts to step in and throw a monkey in the wrench, as Xiden would say.
I fish for a living will not effect us negatively at all.

View attachment 489513

MAGA
LOL!! The fisherman got their asses handed to them by the Xiden Group. The articles make it sound like its a done deal, a "shovel ready" job! I'm waiting for the courts to step in and throw a monkey in the wrench, as Xiden would say.

The fish and all sea life in the area will probably have cancer or major mutations from the noise of said windmills!!!
MAGA

View attachment 489513

MAGA

The fish and all sea life in the area will probably have cancer or major mutations from the noise of said windmills!!!
MAGA
Lol, sure they will. Hilarious

View attachment 489513

Yer poll is bullshit with no real choices, you're a moron with no real.brains.

View attachment 489513

MAGA

MAGA
Strange how they attack windmills. The Dutch have been pumping sea water with them for centuries. I guess if their oil company masters can't steal our money from us they ain't happy. Further bad news for the oil companies. Germany had come up with a magnet less electric motor. Uses no rare earth materials in manufacture. That ought a get these loon tin hat repugs riled up. That in concert with technology being developed to charge electric cars while moving should really rile them up.

View attachment 489513

LOL! I probably have twice your IQ, thanks for playing moron.
The wind farm will either be a success or a failure, there are no other options to affordable, reliable, electric power, duh.

View attachment 489513

The wind farm will either be a success or a failure, there are no other options to affordable, reliable, electric power, duh.
People who brag about thier IQ usually have one in the double digits. Your poll is still retarded with no real choices.

View attachment 489513

People who brag about thier IQ usually have one in the double digits. Your poll is still retarded with no real choices.

I know how to spell "their", duh.
Your post has no content. Put up your "real choices", or are you too stupid?

View attachment 489513

Not my job, Son. Fix your own stupidity.

View attachment 489513

So you're too stupid to prove your comments, stupid is as stupid says. Thanks for playing.

View attachment 489513

So you're too stupid to prove your comments, stupid is as stupid says. Thanks for playing.
"Prove my comments"?

It's your crappy poll, you fix it ya lazy bastard.

View attachment 489513

MAGA

MAGA
Strange how they attack windmills. The Dutch have been pumping sea water with them for centuries. I guess if their oil company masters can't steal our money from us they ain't happy. Further bad news for the oil companies. Germany had come up with a magnet less electric motor. Uses no rare earth materials in manufacture. That ought a get these loon tin hat repugs riled up. That in concert with technology being developed to charge electric cars while moving should really rile them up.

It takes almost nothing to rile up these knuckle draggers!
MAGA

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.
Nope we know how to build them up here. Have large wind farm in Van Wert Ohio runs year round no issues what so ever. Up here in the north we are not idiots like Texas.
No, you don’t know how to build them any better than anyone else. The farm you have is just as inefficient as all the rest and the only reason you don’t have to deal with it’s failures is the primary sources of power cover the shortfall. You’re also paying massive subsidies for the wind farm. Otherwise you couldn’t afford the electricity it produces. And this is land based. Now, just imagine taking that and placing it out in the ocean. You’re taking an energy production device that can’t be built and pay for itself on land. How are you going to do it when construction and operational costs quadruple?

Don’t sell yourself short. Your level of idiocy is right there with anyone else pushing this garbage.

Forum List

Back