Firearms violence down over half since 1993

The President and the press have uniformly spouted the line that more firearms leads to more deaths and crime. Their supporters on this board have made the same claims.

The fact is that more firearms has lead to LESS crime, less murder.

I realize you supporters of restrictive firearm laws do not like facts but the FBI is clear. In the last 20 years as firearms ownership went up, as more States made conceal carry legal or relaxed their laws on them, as more places allowed open carry , firearm related crime has dropped by 67%.

Ignore this thread all you want, in every thread after this I will be reminding you of the stats.

The President and the press have uniformly spouted the line that more firearms leads to more deaths and crime. Their supporters on this board have made the same claims.

I realize you supporters of restrictive firearm laws do not like facts but the FBI is clear. In the last 20 years as firearms ownership went up, as more States made conceal carry legal or relaxed their laws on them, as more places allowed open carry , firearm related crime has dropped by 67%.

Ignore this thread all you want, in every thread after this I will be reminding you of the stats.

I guess the only thing that has increased, aside from guns sales, is the desire of the liberal media to selectively report shootings that seem to fit their agenda. Looks like there are more shootings in 'gun-free zones' these days.

Between firearm violence going down as more people arm themselves and more shootings taking place in gun-free zones, it is obvious that criminals are seeking helpless victims who cannot fight back. Places, like schools, malls or theaters, with signs banning guns have become the desired locations for the criminals looking to kill. Seems the answer is to take down the signs and stop pretending that banning guns guarantees safety.

It's better if the thugs and insane people understand that they could get blown away if they walk into a place wielding a gun.

More firearms have not led to less crime. Shootings are down, that is all. There is nothing there offering any correlation between more people owning guns and less crime being committed.

Firearm violence accounted for about 70% of all homicides and less than 10% of all nonfatal violent crime from 1993 to 2011.

70% of all homicides between 1993 and 2011. Calculate the numbers. How many dead is that? Did guns save their lives?

More firearms have not led to less crime. Shootings are down, that is all. There is nothing there offering any correlation between more people owning guns and less crime being committed.

Firearm violence accounted for about 70% of all homicides and less than 10% of all nonfatal violent crime from 1993 to 2011.

70% of all homicides between 1993 and 2011. Calculate the numbers. How many dead is that? Did guns save their lives?

Murders are down by over 7000 since 1993. Non fatal firearm crimes are down 67 percent. No law did that.

Murders are down by over 7000 since 1993. Non fatal firearm crimes are down 67 percent. No law did that.
Just because there are less murders does not mean that "more guns equals less crime". If what you are saying is true, then there wouldn't be ANY crime at all anywhere in America because gun sales go up every single year and yet crime rates do not fall every single year. Also, firearm crime rates have fallen even in areas which have not passed concealed-carry laws, so no, "more guns means less crime" is not factually correct.

Just because there are less murders does not mean that "more guns equals less crime". If what you are saying is true, then there wouldn't be ANY crime at all anywhere in America because gun sales go up every single year and yet crime rates do not fall every single year. Also, firearm crime rates have fallen even in areas which have not passed concealed-carry laws, so no, "more guns means less crime" is not factually correct.

ya less gun crime means less crime doesn't fit the agenda does it.

Either you are just being disagreeable for the hell of it or you have to be one of the dumbest assholes in the country. Which is it? This thread is about FIREARMS VIOLENCE.

Forum List

Back