Fire up the grill

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
What are you grilling today?

I promised the wife a meal tonight so

Appetizer:

Grilled Bruschetta with roasted garlic goat cheese spread and grilled tomatoes and portabellas

Grilled jumbo shrimp in a spicy ginger lime sauce.

Salad:

Grilled watermelon served over baby greens with raspberries, sweet onion dressing, mint and feta cheese

Entree:

Beer can chicken with a spicy homemade rub
Grilled sweet potatoes
Grilled red pepper and asparagus

Desert:

Grilled pears with a caramel glaze served with ice cream topped with candied toasted pecans and home made whipped cream of course.

I'm thinking about making a white wine sangria but I might be lazy and just put some white wine and beer on ice.

What's on your menu?

Last edited:
Snook. 5 kilos. Caught it late yesterday.
Pejibaye soup first.
Green bean casserole. Green beans, mushrooms and cream, from here.
A papaya/jalapeño,manzana de agua and pineapple salad rolled in goat milk sour cream.
There isn;t a McDonaldberg or Taco Bellstein within 200 miles.......... so it'll have to do.

Pejibaye soup first.
A papaya/jalapeño,manzana de agua and pineapple salad rolled in goat milk sour cream.
There isn;t a McDonaldberg or Taco Bellstein within 200 miles.......... so it'll have to do.

I never had a "water apple" but it sounds delicious.

You can keep the green beans though (yuck)

o damn i forgot i made grilled lobster tails with this stuff.....no butter and it was kick ass...let me find it...

Grilled Rock Lobster Tails - All Recipes

i just used regular lobster tails...it was great try it....i have to make a kick ass caper sauce for the salmon....da man is more into fish than i am....toss beef or pork on that grill for me

Last night, brats, pre-cooked in beer and onions and grilled along with red and yellow bell peppers, yellow onions and one hot pepper added at the last minute.
Tonight chicken, peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomato and onion on skewers served with grilled fresh pineapple and rice.

PS, try salmon dry rubbed with Cajun seasoning. Use olive oil on fish just before putting on a clean hot grill. Two minutes a side for a 3/4 inch steak.

Last edited:
Pejibaye soup first.

ahh where iz you douger?

Good for grilling..

Barbecued Beef Kabobs

1/4 c Lemon juice
2 tb Worcestershire sauce
3 tb Corn oil
1/3 c Soy sauce
2 tb Yellow mustard
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb Lean round steak, boneless
1 Large green pepper
4 oz Fresh mushrooms
8 Cherry tomatoes
1 large onion

Make marinade by combining lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, soy sauce, mustard, garlic. Cut beef into 1" chunks, then put in marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 12 hours or more.

Cut vegetables into chunks, making at least 8 pieces of each. Remove beef cubes from marinade, reserving marinade. On 4 medium or long skewers, alternate pieces of meat and vegetables.

Grill over hot coals, basting occasionally with marinade, for about 15 minutes, turning skewers regularly. Serve hot.

Grilled Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes Sticks

6 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp allspice
2 tbsp. cider vinegar

Prepare outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan.

Pierce potatoes with fork. Place potatoes on piece of paper toweling in microwave oven. Microwave 10 min. until partially cooked but still very firm. When potatoes are cool, cut each lengthwise into quarters.

In skillet melt butter. Add walnuts, brown sugar, salt, pepper, allspice and vinegar, cook 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.

Brush the cut sides of the potatoes with brown sugar glaze, leaving walnuts in skillet.

Grill the potatoes, cut side down, uncovered, 5 minutes. Keep grilling and turning potatoes and brushing with glaze until potatoes are tender.

Transfer potatoes to platter. Spoon remaining glaze with nuts over potato wedges.

Grilled Pineapple

1/2 c Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c Honey
1/2 c (1 stick) butter
1/2 c Packed light brown sugar
1/2 c Dark rum
1 Pineapple, cut into 8 wedges and cored*
Vanilla ice cream

To prepare sauce, combine Worcestershire, honey, butter, sugar and rum in 3 quart saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat; cool completely.

Brush pineapple wedges with some of the sauce. Place pineapple on oiled grid. Grill over hot coals 5 minutes or until glazed, turning an basting often with sauce. Serve pineapple with ice cream and remaining sauce.

Garnish as desired. Refrigerate any leftover sauce.

*You may substitute other fruits, such as halved peaches, nectarines or thick slices of mangoes, for the pineapple. **Leftover sauce may be reheated in microwave. Microwave and stir for 30 seconds at a time.

Grilled Pineapple

1/2 c Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c Honey
1/2 c (1 stick) butter
1/2 c Packed light brown sugar
1/2 c Dark rum
1 Pineapple, cut into 8 wedges and cored*
Vanilla ice cream

To prepare sauce, combine Worcestershire, honey, butter, sugar and rum in 3 quart saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat; cool completely.

Brush pineapple wedges with some of the sauce. Place pineapple on oiled grid. Grill over hot coals 5 minutes or until glazed, turning an basting often with sauce. Serve pineapple with ice cream and remaining sauce.

Garnish as desired. Refrigerate any leftover sauce.

*You may substitute other fruits, such as halved peaches, nectarines or thick slices of mangoes, for the pineapple. **Leftover sauce may be reheated in microwave. Microwave and stir for 30 seconds at a time.

Nice.

I do a grilled pineapple with a spicy mango chutney glaze sprinkled with coconut and served with vanilla ice cream or orange sorbet.

Appetizer:

Grilled Bruschetta with roasted garlic goat cheese spread and grilled tomatoes and portabellas

Salad:

Grilled watermelon served over baby greens with raspberries, sweet onion dressing, mint and feta cheese

Entree:

Grilled sweet potatoes

Desert:

Grilled pears with a caramel glaze served with ice cream topped with candied toasted pecans and home made whipped cream of course.

I'm thinking about making a white wine sangria but I might be lazy and just put some white wine and beer on ice.

What's on your menu?

Yep, I posted the pineapple recipe just for you. I noticed you liked both grilled pears and watermelon. Hope you like it.

Everything tastes better on the grill IMO. ;)

"grilled pineapple with a spicy mango chutney glaze sprinkled with coconut". Sounds really good...I love coconut.

The pears sound great too though.

Last edited:

Appetizer:

Salad:

Entree:

Grilled sweet potatoes

Desert:

What's on your menu?

How about some pic's and recipes :)

Forum List

Back