Fire Stick or Fire Shit? Youtube TV and Hulu is working fine on my computer and phone but not the firestick?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
When I try to click on the app through the firestick connected to my TV it doesnt play at all but when I go to the youtube tv on my phone or computer it plays with no problem. Wonder why that is happening? So that means I will be the first person in America to cancel comcast cable and internet and had to go back and get it again within 6 weeks because the firestick turned out to be Fireshit?

I have problems too. Am going to cancel hula.

We have 3 options other than the computer (or phone)- one TV has a converter box connected to an antenna cable for local channels (which all come in except for CBS so I had to order CBS access to watch the Super Bowl) Then the main one is a Samsung smart TV, and another one in the bedroom has Firestick. Then a BluRay dvd player .

My wife watches Hulu and Netflix pretty much exclusively and I rarely watch anything except for YouTube videos, local and evening news, big sporting events and old movies occasionally.

When I try to click on the app through the firestick connected to my TV it doesnt play at all but when I go to the youtube tv on my phone or computer it plays with no problem. Wonder why that is happening? So that means I will be the first person in America to cancel comcast cable and internet and had to go back and get it again within 6 weeks because the firestick turned out to be Fireshit?
fire stick or fire shit...I laughed like hell...course Im high too

Im asking a serious question and you have to talk so fucking stupid?

I assume you have the firestick plugged into an HDMI port on your TV and you don't have the YouTube app on your smart TV.

1) Make sure you have the right HDMI selected.
2) Sometimes the Firestick, when using the YouTube Channel, it will pause frequently or just spin, so I go to setting on restart the firestick.

Im asking a serious question and you have to talk so fucking stupid?

I assume you have the firestick plugged into an HDMI port on your TV and you don't have the YouTube app on your smart TV.

1) Make sure you have the right HDMI selected.
2) Sometimes the Firestick, when using the YouTube Channel, it will pause frequently or just spin, so I go to setting on restart the firestick.

Thanks that worked. How often do I have to do that?

Sometimes every other week
I don’t know if that’s the only way but I tried it once and it worked.

Sometimes every other week
I don’t know if that’s the only way but I tried it once and it worked.

I was getting ready to give up and go back to comcast

Each of three neighbors had similar, though slightly different complaints, about those sticks. I helped them switch over to ROKU and all the bitching stopped.

The only complaint I heard about HULU was that the programming isn't refreshed enough and you quickly run out of episodes of shows you like. I had that experience a couple of years ago and dumped Hulu for Netflix and BritBox. All via ROKU.

Each of three neighbors had similar, though slightly different complaints, about those sticks. I helped them switch over to ROKU and all the bitching stopped.

The only complaint I heard about HULU was that the programming isn't refreshed enough and you quickly run out of episodes of shows you like. I had that experience a couple of years ago and dumped Hulu for Netflix and BritBox. All via ROKU.

Well if it keeps happening I may have to look into Roku

Forum List

Back