Fire-Arms Bubble

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
What will happen to the gun industry, once Obama leaves office?

The key will be who wins. IF Hillary wins SALES SKYROCKET.

Hillary might keep it from crashing altogether. Skyrocketing? Unlikely.
I buy and sell guns privately as a hobby and investment. Gun prices are UP in the last 30 days. I don't even sell ammo any more. That price is going up almost weekly. So much so I buy and hold.

I've bought some guns in the last eight years...but not even one that had to do with Obama. Mostly hunting rifles...no AR-15s or Ak-47s or semi-automatic pistols.

If a Republican is elected, the AR and AK market may slow down, but I doubt it. The 300 ACC Blackout conversion is just picking up...and that will keep the manufactures going for a good while.

It's not folks like us driving the boom, it is new buyers...and there will always be new buyers.

Why would you say that?

The evidence points in the complete opposite direction. Should Hillary win it is VERY likely that sales will increase very sharply for awhile.

I've bought some guns in the last eight years...but not even one that had to do with Obama. Mostly hunting rifles...no AR-15s or Ak-47s or semi-automatic pistols.

If a Republican is elected, the AR and AK market may slow down, but I doubt it. The 300 ACC Blackout conversion is just picking up...and that will keep the manufactures going for a good while.

It's not folks like us driving the boom, it is new buyers...and there will always be new buyers.
That is not actually true:
The average gun owner now owns 8 guns — double what it used to be
http://www.newsweek.com/us-gun-ownership-declines-312822

Gun owners are DECLINING even as sales are increasing.

Its declining because of oppression and infringements on our civil rights. People may want a gun but don't want to jump through all the government hoops to do so. The gun grabbers are in a marathon, not a sprint.

-Geaux

I own more than eight guns...I've only bought 2 newly manufactured firearms in the last 8 years.

Most folks that know guns don't buy a lot of new guns. New guns, by and large, go to new handgun owners.

Hell, you can just barely hunt all seasons with only eight guns.

Let me give you the rundown.

Deer/large game rifle - 30-06
Varmint rifle - 22-250
Small game rifle - 22LR
Duck, goose and Turkey - 12 gauge pump
Rabbit & squirrel - 20 gauge or 410 bore
Trap and skeet - Double barrel 12 or 20 gauge
Deer season pistol - 357 or 44 magnum revolver
Black powder deer season - .50 cal black powder rifle
Personal defense - handgun

And that's a bare bones minimalist hunting battery with one defensive firearm.

Last edited:

I buy and sell guns privately as a hobby and investment. Gun prices are UP in the last 30 days. I don't even sell ammo any more. That price is going up almost weekly. So much so I buy and hold.

Sounds like a bubble to me.

Its declining because of oppression and infringements on our civil rights. People may want a gun but don't want to jump through all the government hoops to do so. The gun grabbers are in a marathon, not a sprint.

-Geaux

Just wait until a Heller style cases get clarified in places like NYC, where it takes months and $1000 just to get a legal revolver for home use.

I own more than eight guns...I've only bought 2 newly manufactured firearms in the last 8 years.

Most folks that know guns don't buy a lot of new guns. New guns, by and large, go to new handgun owners.

Varmint rifle - 22-250
Small game rifle - 22LR

As pointed out, that is factually false. new guns are not going to new gun owners. All the data points that direction.

It is a fact that gun sales are high but guns are being sold to people that already own guns - not new gun owners.

-Geaux

Just wait until a Heller style cases get clarified in places like NYC, where it takes months and $1000 just to get a legal revolver for home use.
We cant.

Should Hillary win, and that is likely, then it is also likely that the makeup of the SCOTUS will shift. The Heller decision will be rendered moot if it is not fully flushed out before that occurs. This really needs to be brought before the courts now and I don't understand why it has not already happened. The case itself should be cut and dry.

Varmint rifle - 22-250
Small game rifle - 22LR

As pointed out, that is factually false. new guns are not going to new gun owners. All the data points that direction.

It is a fact that gun sales are high but guns are being sold to people that already own guns - not new gun owners.

It is a fact that the media reports that opinion.

It is the veracity of that reporting that is in doubt.

-Geaux

We cant.

Should Hillary win, and that is likely, then it is also likely that the makeup of the SCOTUS will shift. The Heller decision will be rendered moot if it is not fully flushed out before that occurs. This really needs to be brought before the courts now and I don't understand why it has not already happened. The case itself should be cut and dry.

it gets bogged down in the lower level courts, which all have (in the Northeast) a decided anti-gun bias.

Forum List

Back