Fine. Stop Working.

I often wonder why we have prison industries at all. They take jobs away from non criminal workers.

As for the strike itself, the justice system is a travesty and needs overhaul from front to back. It will go nowhere until someone with influence is incarcerated and is treated like just another arrestee.

candycorn
Or the waste of taxpayers resources and lives on a failed criminal justice system
could be turned around
if this was made the basis and focus on how we expect to pay for health care.

Instead of going after law abiding citizens to foot the bill for crimes,
why not go after the people committing and convicted of them.

Credit the cost back to taxpayers, and use those credits to finance
health care overhaul, converting prison mental health wards and VA
hospitals into sustainble medical education training and services for the greater public.

Democrats have promised their voting constituency both
prison reform, including replacing the death penalty with rehab and restitution or other alternatives,
AND affordable universal care.

So why not SUE the Democratic leaders and party to fulfill and deliver their own campaign
promises, or demand restitution for "false advertising misrepresentation and fraud"
and take the money owed for debts and damages and invest in the reforms needed.
Democrats should be publicly rebuked and pressured to either live up to their
platforms and campaigns, or pay back damages for misrepresentation and fraud to donors and voters,
so those resources can be used to fund the promised reforms as a condition of receiving votes and contributions.

candycorn
Or the waste of taxpayers resources and lives on a failed criminal justice system
could be turned around
if this was made the basis and focus on how we expect to pay for health care.

Instead of going after law abiding citizens to foot the bill for crimes,
why not go after the people committing and convicted of them.

Credit the cost back to taxpayers, and use those credits to finance
health care overhaul, converting prison mental health wards and VA
hospitals into sustainble medical education training and services for the greater public.

Democrats have promised their voting constituency both
prison reform, including replacing the death penalty with rehab and restitution or other alternatives,
AND affordable universal care.

So why not SUE the Democratic leaders and party to fulfill and deliver their own campaign
promises, or demand restitution for "false advertising misrepresentation and fraud"
and take the money owed for debts and damages and invest in the reforms needed.
Democrats should be publicly rebuked and pressured to either live up to their
platforms and campaigns, or pay back damages for misrepresentation and fraud to donors and voters,
so those resources can be used to fund the promised reforms as a condition of receiving votes and contributions.

Send them to third-world countries for a year and when they come back, it's doubtful they will complain about their prison conditions again. They're in there for punishment, not to earn a living.

I often wonder why we have prison industries at all. They take jobs away from non criminal workers.

As for the strike itself, the justice system is a travesty and needs overhaul from front to back. It will go nowhere until someone with influence is incarcerated and is treated like just another arrestee.

Facility I worked at was on 3,000 acres, and, until bleeding hearts got involved, had 1500-2000 of it planted in corn, wheat, and vegetables. it had cows, pigs, and a slaughter house.

It was self sufficient, didn't cost the state a dime to feed 2,000+ inmates.

Wife keeps in contact with friends back there, and it seems that after 100 years, they have closed down all farming.

Seems a waste to me

Facility I worked at was on 3,000 acres, and, until bleeding hearts got involved, had 1500-2000 of it planted in corn, wheat, and vegetables. it had cows, pigs, and a slaughter house.

Wife keeps in contact with friends back there, and it seems that after 100 years, they have closed down all farming.

Seems a waste to me

They should shutdown all prison industries. Put law abiding Americans to work.

Seems a waste to me

Great idea

Just leave those poor misunderstood felons with nothing to do but pump iron, watch television, and plan ways to escape.

Makes a lot of sense.:cuckoo:

Seems a waste to me

Great idea

Just leave those poor misunderstood felons with nothing to do but pump iron, watch television, and plan ways to escape.

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

Therefore my plan makes a lot more sense than yours. But then again....outsmarting you is no great feat.

I saw this puff piece at CNN. Liberals and their love affair with thugs. We're supposed to feel sorry for rapists and murderers because they are put to work? God forbid prisoners be forced to offset the tax dollars spent to keep them locked up for their whole lives. Most of these thugs should be put to death quickly in order to save taxpayer money, they are getting off easy by being allowed to live and work behind bars.

Seems a waste to me

Great idea

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

Therefore my plan makes a lot more sense than yours. But then again....outsmarting you is no great feat.

So prisoner slaves are bad, but Chinese slaves are good? The real jobs Americans are losing are going to China, not the local prison. But you lefties sure made it clear you don't want Trump to bring back those jobs.

Seems a waste to me

Great idea

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

So prisoner slaves are bad, but Chinese slaves are good?
Must be...they make Trump's wardrobe.

The real jobs Americans are losing are going to China, not the local prison.
What is the difference between a "real" job and one in your imagination?

But you lefties sure made it clear you don't want Trump to bring back those jobs.

Now that's funny. He never had a specific plan that would bring back one job to the nation. Only fools believe you.

Seems a waste to me

Great idea

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

But you lefties sure made it clear you don't want Trump to bring back those jobs.

Now that's funny. He never had a specific plan that would bring back one job to the nation. Only fools believe you.

They are called tariffs. Trump was very specific. They work like a charm.
You can think if it has stopping the tax breaks for companies that moved production overseas.

Great idea

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

You can think if it has stopping the tax breaks for companies that moved production overseas.

They rarely work except at driving prices for consumer up. The reason the material is being imported--dumbass--is because people here are purchasing them.

But while you're riding the crazy train, please give us a figure; how much do you think the IPHONE would have to costs before Apple decided to have it made here. Just ballpark it.

Send them to third-world countries for a year and when they come back, it's doubtful they will complain about their prison conditions again. They're in there for punishment, not to earn a living.

There aren't many of us who think that way. Thanks bro.

Great idea

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

They rarely work except at driving prices for consumer up. The reason the material is being imported--dumbass--is because people here are purchasing them.

But while you're riding the crazy train, please give us a figure; how much do you think the IPHONE would have to costs before Apple decided to have it made here. Just ballpark it.

Typical little Candycorn logic. Pick a product made by a company with billions of dollars in the bank, and a lot sitting overseas untaxed to make your liberal point. You are such a dimwit. The people buying $700 phones are not the ones you liberals are suppose to care about. Do your liberal friends just ask you to shut your mouth when they are debating a Trumpster?

Typical little Candycorn logic. Pick a product made by a company with billions of dollars in the bank, and a lot sitting overseas untaxed to make your liberal point. You are such a dimwit. The people buying $700 phones are not the ones you liberals are suppose to care about. Do your liberal friends just ask you to shut your mouth when they are debating a Trumpster?

Love it when I'm told "who I should care about". #1 its me. I love my Iphone, My I Pad and my Mac. Loved my Ipod back when it had a use unique to it's self. Windows is the best salesman Apple ever had.

But again, since it is the most glaring example of the triumph of globalization, I'll ask you, how much of a tariff needs to be placed on the I-phone to force Apple to open a plant in California--what does the sticker price have to say to make the jobs come back???

Why not attempt to answer a question instead of just showing us how dim you are?

Great idea

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

Like most of his true believers it doesn't matter if Trump is telling the truth or not. Just because Trump said this and that......... it doesn't mean it's right.
Trump Mickey Mouse economic policy are blasted by both parties and so are the independent well know economists. Link is a good example of that but that won't matter because people like you don't care but concentrate on his charm and celebrity status. He lied and confused to American every speech.

Donald Trump is wrong about trade agreements: Scrapping them won’t protect U.S. jobs

Donald Trump is wrong about trade agreements: Scrapping them won’t protect U.S. jobs
CODY CAIN
Share 52WhatsApp 31
Donald Trump is wrong about trade agreements: Scrapping them won't protect U.S. jobs
Donald Trump(Credit: Reuters/Rick Wilking)
Let’s face it, we have an enormous economic problem on our hands: Globalization.

This problem is so big that it transcends our entire economic system. Our free-market economy has been outmatched. It is utterly unable to offer any solutions toward solving this predicament.

The problem is simple. Undeveloped nations around the world are increasingly becoming available as low-cost locations for manufacturing. As a result, global corporations in developed nations like America are relocating their manufacturing facilities to these low-cost locations overseas, and thus droves of middle and lower-class jobs in America are eliminated.

This produces devastating effects in America. The middle and lower classes lose an enormous segment of their employment base, so their wages decline and they fall into economic hardship. The corporate executives and shareholders, on the other hand, reap the profits from the cost-savings of relocating overseas, so they become richer and richer. As a result, income inequality is dreadfully exacerbated and American society becomes a hollowed-out shell of its former self.
The reason our economic system fails to self-correct this problem is because our free-market system does not even perceive this as a problem at all. It thinks this is all terrific. The cost of production is lowered, goods become available at lower prices, and the investors in these enterprises earn greater profits. It’s all wonderful.

Trump’s love of tariffs may be the wrong move | New York Post

Nothing could be more boring to write about. I can hear you snoring already. But if Donald Trump becomes president, you will hear that word a lot. You’ll especially hear it in connection with China.

Tariffs are the taxes placed on imported goods, usually when the other country has done something you don’t like.

Tariffs and taxes have caused wars in the past.

You know all about the Boston Tea Party, which led to the American Revolution. The Brits wanted to tax the colonists’ tea.

Trump, who will accept the Republican Party nomination for president Thursday, has said that he’d like to impose 35 percent to 45 percent tariffs on goods coming into the US from Mexico and China.

A group of reporters from The Post met with Trump a few weeks ago at his self-named tower in Manhattan, and I asked him specifically about the punishment he plans for China.

He didn’t back off the idea of a tariff. The Chinese, he said, want to do business with us and they will pay the tax. I pointed out that it could lead to a trade war — we tax them, they tax us — and then, just to top it off, the Chinese would start stealing more of our technology than they already have.

Trump seemed unfazed. And I hope he’s right to be calm about this.

I’m not.

There’s another aspect of that particular trade war that Trump ought to familiarize himself with quickly. And if nobody else does it, I will bring it to his attention. Perhaps he’ll even read this column.

Right now, the Chinese own $1.3 trillion in US government bonds. That’s the most of any foreign country, followed not so closely by Japan’s $1.1 trillion. The US has total debt now exceeding $19 trillion, but much of that is held by the inaptly named Social Security Trust Fund and by US citizens.

Last edited:

I'm guessing you have had no personal interaction with the criminal element in this country, nor have you visited one of our penal institutions.

So, that pretty much makes you distinctly unqualified to pass judgement, don't you think?

Seems a waste to me

Great idea

My plan saves jobs.
Your plan costs jobs.

Actually, your plan is nonsense ... it saves no jobs. Linear thinking is one thing, tunnel vision is something else.

New Topics

Forum List

Back