Finding Southern food in northern California...

Can it even be done? All I want is some real tea and fried chicken and maybe some greens and cornbread on the side. It's been like three years. -.-
Learn to cook.

I'd like to have a mobile kitchen, and do gumbo and jambalaya at festivals in the Rocky Mountain states during the summer.

sure there is.....soul food is gonna be a lot more salty and have a lot more fat added to it.....not that i am claiming southern cooking is health food either but it tends not to be as fatty or salty unless paula deen is doing it

sure there is.....soul food is gonna be a lot more salty and have a lot more fat added to it.....not that i am claiming southern cooking is health food either but it tends not to be as fatty or salty unless paula deen is doing it
Must depend on who is cooking it. Southern food is the only food I dont automatically assume tastes bad when cooked by non professional whites.

lol be nice.....i love soul food....but with the diabetes....i had to give it up....i still dont like fried chicken with waffles lol that is just too odd for me...nor do i eat greens

I was being nice! I dont like greens. I prefer spinach and green beans I love chicken and waffles. I love gumbo both the Louisiana style and the Mississippi swamp style.

now i can do spinach raw and green beans have to be cooked to death ya know.....gumbo is always good....i will try about anything once...food wise....

Can it even be done? All I want is some real tea and fried chicken and maybe some greens and cornbread on the side. It's been like three years. -.-

There is this thing called Google.....and Yelp.....

Anyway- the rest of us can find southern food in Northern California- I can't say its necessarily as good as what I have had in South Carolina or Georgia but there is some damn fine Southern food here.

Learn to cook.

I'd like to have a mobile kitchen, and do gumbo and jambalaya at festivals in the Rocky Mountain states during the summer.

Gumbo and jambalaya are not "southern cooking".
I disagree. My family is from the south.

Gumbo - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Gumbo is a dish that originated in southern Louisiana from the Louisiana Creole people during the 18th century. "

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back