Find the name of the prehistoric animal

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, for this game you need to give the name of the animal and no robbing ( where the image come from) just some honest searching .

The person who found the name of the animal bring a new animal or said i pass my turn.

quiz.jpg

You could ask simple question and once the name is found we need to give a description of the animal .

Thank you in advance for playing this game .

Hello, for this game you need to give the name of the animal and no robbing ( where the image come from) just some honest searching .

The person who found the name of the animal bring a new animal or said i pass my turn.

View attachment 447813

You could ask simple question and once the name is found we need to give a description of the animal .

Thank you in advance for playing this game .
What are you going on about Bernie Sanders father?

Chalicotheres?

The three claws are pretty rare among mammals.
Yes it is a Chalicotheres , Chalicotheriidae and It is part of Subfamilies of lower rank.:)

These critters roamed Europe as recently as 4.5 million years ago. Which means they shared The Earth with some of our earliest ancestors.

Dino to a Pliocene Fred Flinstone.

Chalicotheres?

Yes it is a Chalicotheres , Chalicotheriidae and It is part of Subfamilies of lower rank.:)

These critters roamed Europe as recently as 4.5 million years ago. Which means they shared The Earth with some of our earliest ancestors.

Damn, how old are you anyway?

Chalicotheres?

Damn, how old are you anyway?

Really frackin' old.

Chalicotheres?

Those animal which lived in Europe during the Miocene, between - 15 and - 8 million years.

Its Megazostrodon- I was surprised when I read it.
He is our distant ancestor.
He lived at the end of the Triassic and the beginning of the Jurassic, about 200 million years ago. It has typical characteristics of mammalian reptiles (cynodonts), as well as mammalian characteristics. Scientists believe that Megazostrodon is a transitional form between cynodonts and mammals. Its survival during the extinction of the Triassic-Jurassic allowed the diversification of mammals and thus the appearance of Man.
For a long time Purgatorius was considered the star of our oldest ancestor but it seems to not be the case anymore.

1611666608777.png

Purgatorius - Wikipedia

of 10 is this the same beast?, Not sure by the picture.
Andrewsarchus

Andrewsarchus

Dmitri Bogdanov

Measuring 13 feet from snout to tail and weighing at least half a ton, Andrewsarchus was the largest terrestrial meat-eating mammal that ever lived; its skull alone was two and a half feet long and studded with numerous sharp teeth. Oddly enough, though, this Eocene predator wasn't ancestral to modern predators such as wolves, tigers, or hyenas, but belonged to the same general family (artiodactyls, or odd-toed ungulates) as camels, pigs, and antelopes. What did Andrewsarchus eat? Scientists aren't certain, but likely candidates include giant turtles and "thunder beasts" like Brontotherium.

of 10 is this the same beast?, Not sure by the picture.
Andrewsarchus

Andrewsarchus

Dmitri Bogdanov

Measuring 13 feet from snout to tail and weighing at least half a ton, Andrewsarchus was the largest terrestrial meat-eating mammal that ever lived; its skull alone was two and a half feet long and studded with numerous sharp teeth. Oddly enough, though, this Eocene predator wasn't ancestral to modern predators such as wolves, tigers, or hyenas, but belonged to the same general family (artiodactyls, or odd-toed ungulates) as camels, pigs, and antelopes. What did Andrewsarchus eat? Scientists aren't certain, but likely candidates include giant turtles and "thunder beasts" like Brontotherium.
No, it lived Early Paleocene–Late Paleocene 61.3-56.8 Ma ;)

I give the family name of the animal to help find a little.

Tapinocephalidae

Forum List

Back