Find a locked thread and then read this.

According to the link us smokers quit today and wont get the virus and die in a few days?

What a bunch of horse shit.

I agree that smokers would be at higher risks of getting and possibly dying from Covid just because of it being a respiratory illness and smokers lungs are already damaged...…….but I don't think quitting 'right now' would really improve your chances if infected in the near future. There's still too much damage already present...…..maybe after several months or a year or two of not smoking, then catching it, that would give the lungs more time to improve function.

It takes 1 month once you quit smoking to notice a difference in your lungs. The next noticeable change is 9 months on
The delicate, hair-like structures inside the lungs known as cilia have recovered from the toll cigarette smoke took on them. These structures help push mucus out of the lungs and help fight infections.

In case you plan on getting an infection but need to quit smoking first you should wait at least 9 months before infecting yourself.

I just realized I haven't been sick since.

Forum List

Back