Finally -- Texans Can Open-Carry Without Government Intervention

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....

Likely not going to make any difference in Texas. Bad people who shoot their fellow Americans are 'good' people with guns until they start shooting people. Every gun owner is a potential killer.

Maybe one way to screen out the good people wanting to own guns from the 'bad' would be to ask them one simple question before allowing them to start building an arsenal.

Do you intend to shoot at human silouette targets?

GO TEXAS! :salute:
The proof of this being a wise move for Texas will start to be proven no later than Friday night!

Then on Saturday morning Texans will wake up hearing the news of how the night was kept so quiet and peaceful by 'good' gun owners in the bars and taverns.
Will the libruls then learn to stfu?

The proof of this being a wise move for Texas will start to be proven no later than Friday night!

Then on Saturday morning Texans will wake up hearing the news of how the night was kept so quiet and peaceful by 'good' gun owners in the bars and taverns.
Alcohol and handguns are such a good combination.

You still won't be able to bring a gun into a bar.
That's basically communism

Likely not going to make any difference in Texas. Bad people who shoot their fellow Americans are 'good' people with guns until they start shooting people. Every gun owner is a potential killer.

Maybe one way to screen out the good people wanting to own guns from the 'bad' would be to ask them one simple question before allowing them to start building an arsenal.

Every knife owner is a potential killer!
:lol:

grenade owners too....

oh wait!

Damn it, Texas bans grenades?? How can we fight against tyranny without grenades......

grenade owners too....

oh wait!

Damn it, Texas bans grenades?? How can we fight against tyranny without grenades......
Good point!
Get on the ball, texas!

Carrying a firearm while intoxicated is a crime.

Carrying a firearm while intoxicated is a crime.
govt supremacists have to make shit up so they can have an argument.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....

It hasn't passed yet, but I hope it does soon. Texas will join 17 other states that don't infringe on their citizens' civil rights.

Thankfully, the vast majority of folks shooting each other occurs in places run by people exactly like you.

It hasn't passed yet, but I hope it does soon. Texas will join 17 other states that don't infringe on their citizens' civil rights.

Thankfully, the vast majority of folks shooting each other occurs in places run by people exactly like you.
You mean like Texas??

Because that is where I live........

I am just happy that I can open carry anywhere I want without having to take that burdensome conceal carry class and pay for a goofy license

You mean like Texas??

I am just happy that I can open carry anywhere I want without having to take that burdensome conceal carry class and pay for a goofy license

As you well know, Texas isn't run by people like you, hence the civil rights citizens still have there.

You mean like Texas??

I am glad you can too. Start doing it. Be a force of your own.

You mean like Texas??

I'm happy you can, too. If you were living in a state run by people like you, you wouldn't be allowed to have these civil rights.

I'm willing to bet there will be no difference at all in the amount of people who carry. I guarantee you a whole lot of people already carry without a permit, they just conceal it and don't tell anyone.

If you have a 1,000 people with a permit carrying then you probably have 4,000 carrying without one.

And being a gun owner does not make you a potential killer. Being a human being makes you a potential killer. I've known gun owners my whole life, I owned 4 or 5 guns at the age of 8 and never once in my life has anyone I've ever known to own guns has killed anyone.

Forum List

Back