Finally Made An Account

ZRoberts1991

Rookie
Feb 15, 2015
Hi My name is Zack, I'm 24 and currently an Economics student at Baruch College living in New York City.

I've actually hung out on these boards for months reading through what others have had to say. Some people have pushed me towards writing a political blog and putting my thoughts out there so I bit the bullet finally and wrote my first post.
Most on this board have always struck me as being very knowledgable so I figured this would be the perfect place to put my thoughts up and welcome any feedback and criticism. Look forward to having a discussion on where our two party political system is headed.

The Tuskegee Point

Hi My name is Zack, I'm 24 and currently an Economics student at Baruch College living in New York City.

I've actually hung out on these boards for months reading through what others have had to say. Some people have pushed me towards writing a political blog and putting my thoughts out there so I bit the bullet finally and wrote my first post.
Most on this board have always struck me as being very knowledgable so I figured this would be the perfect place to put my thoughts up and welcome any feedback and criticism. Look forward to having a discussion on where our two party political system is headed.

The Tuskegee Point
ZRoberts1991
Welcome Zack! Since you are researching economics, some
Resources I most highly recommend to you as blog material:
* Ithaca HOURS independent currency, founder Paul Glover who is great to interview
Home or Ithaca HOUR founder s page
There are whole towns that have set up their own currency to promote building of local business investment

* Grameen Bank and Grameen Foundation
Any microlending programs that include business training and planning to end poverty and dependence on welfare/charity

* Students for Fair Trade, Students against Sweatshops, any Green or progressive groups teaching business coops

* Any group promoting restitution and solutions to slave trafficking
Laster Global Consulting Human Trafficking Training and Consulting Dottie Laster is a great resource and has a radio broadcast
she consults with community and govt leaders on using RICO laws to claim property for victims of drug or human trafficking that were previously used for organized crimes
PACE Universal - Teach a girl feed a village
Pace Universal is a school project by Deepa Willingham to combat poverty in regions exploited for trafficking

* the idea of teaching business and real estate investment to help individuals become independent
this model is taught by professional groups such as lifestyles unlimited Lifestyles Unlimited - The education and mentor group for real estate investors
but I would propose to buy out districts to create campuses to teach these skills to
vets, nonprofit groups, and future govt leaders to intern in sustainable management:
Freedmen s Town Historic Churches and Vet Housing or Earned Amnesty
http www.houstonprogressive.org or music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs

these are some of the most innovative solutions and reforms
I have found working toward sustainable / cooperative economics.

Last edited:

The Tuskegee Point

welcome108.gif

New Topics

Forum List

Back