Finally, I have succeeded

Kid yer 16, NOBODY knows if yer serious. Outback? ahhhhh pricey for a first date, but it'll work. Remember, yer setting the bar here, on the first date.

Are you saying he should go to McDonalds? I guess that would work if he let her supersize.;)

I'm assuming 'homecoming.' Outback is cheap, considering what some will do. Shut up those who are way out of high school and tend to skip on their spouses!

Semper, do not listen to old farts!

For your information, those of you urging me to be a gentlemen, I have demontrated gentleman like behavior on a level unkownst to those around me. On saturday, I gave her a ride home, and when we went to my car I opened the car door for her, then when we got to her house I walked her to her door. By monday most of her friends had heard about it, heh heh.

So, you've all got nothing to worry about. Besides YTM, what other advice does everyone have for me, and all others who happen upon this thread?

it is good to see the true gentleman hasn't died out yet... I thought my husband was one of the last. We are trying to instill this in our boys but there's only so much a 3yo and a 4.5 mo can do....

Kid yer 16, NOBODY knows if yer serious. Outback? ahhhhh pricey for a first date, but it'll work. Remember, yer setting the bar here, on the first date.

I'm with Mr P-----the high standards and expectations that you're setting up here can come back and haunt your ass.

For your information, those of you urging me to be a gentlemen, I have demontrated gentleman like behavior on a level unkownst to those around me. On saturday, I gave her a ride home, and when we went to my car I opened the car door for her, then when we got to her house I walked her to her door. By monday most of her friends had heard about it, heh heh.

So, you've all got nothing to worry about. Besides YTM, what other advice does everyone have for me, and all others who happen upon this thread?
My advice? Be flexible and have backups. Ask if she'd like to go to a particular restaurant. If she's slow to respond, suggest one.

And this garbage about setting the bar too high, don't listen. You don't want to be around a girl who's constantly expecting a bigger and better (more expensive) date each time around. That kind of behaivor surfaces quickly, especially at your age, so you'll be able to sniff it out if it's there. Otherwise, just ENJOY yourself and relax.

Last bit of advice, be a gentlemen, but don't call attention to it. Obvious as it sounds.

Have fun! Pictures or it didn't happen... (i kid)

My advice? Be flexible and have backups. Ask if she'd like to go to a particular restaurant. If she's slow to respond, suggest one.

And this garbage about setting the bar too high, don't listen. You don't want to be around a girl who's constantly expecting a bigger and better (more expensive) date each time around. That kind of behaivor surfaces quickly, especially at your age, so you'll be able to sniff it out if it's there. Otherwise, just ENJOY yourself and relax.

Last bit of advice, be a gentlemen, but don't call attention to it. Obvious as it sounds.

Have fun! Pictures or it didn't happen... (i kid)

Ignore this bozo--the woman will come to her her own conclusions about you in spite of surface BS. Be who you are and take your chances. Any pretense will only serve to confuse both of you.

Ignore this bozo--the woman will come to her her own conclusions about you in spite of surface BS. Be who you are and take your chances. Any pretense will only serve to confuse both of you.
Where did I advocate not being who you are?

OK, it's Monday. Let's hear all the juicy details!

You asked for it!

Well the plan was to go to the Outback Steakhouse, so we did. Funny thing is, that morning we got a gift card in a thank-you note from a company we bought some carpet from or something, $50 for Outback. Wierd, eh?

I picked her up a few minutes before 7, already sweating with nervousness, she was waiting outside for me. So, I got out of my car and gave her a hug, and opened the car door for her, then I got in, and we drove off.

She gave me directions as we went there, making casual talk I guess. We got there, got out, and went inside, there was like a 20 minute wait so we decided to wait in my car with the vibrate alert box thing, on the way this guy saw us and said "hi," neither of us knew him, so we carried on a conversation of whether or not he knew what was going on, I say he did because we exchanged a look common only among males, she said he was just being nice. Eventually the thing rang so we went inside, and took our seats in a corner booth.

The waitress was really nice, and asked us if it was our first time here, and what the occasion was. "No, and its our first date." I ordered a seasoned steak which turned out to be fantastic, and the lady ordered the swordfish, which was the special for the night.

I got up to go wash my hands, and while I was gone the manager came out to see how things were going, because he had heard about our occasion. Upset that I missed him, I summoned him via the waitress later on in the meal, bear in mind I've never done that before, never done any of this actually. He came out, and I introduced myself and chit-chatted, and I told him that his wait staff was doing spectacular, and the food was good and it was a desirable place to go.

So, I payed using the gift card (felt pretty cheap using it though, but oh well), and we went back out to my car. It was around 9, and neither of us wanted to call it a night, so we went to the practice field at the high school, and walked around in the dark and hung out. We looked at the stars and talked, too, and stuff like that. At around 11, we left the field and I drove her back to her house. I went inside and met her mother (sort of, we'd hung out the weekend before with some of her other friends, but this time was different, obviously). We hung out in her room for about a half hour or so, and finally I went home. Got home around midnight, got online for a little bit, then went to bed.

That's about it. Any questions? Oh! Some of you might be interested in hearing my ultra-smooth lines, but to avoid being a douchebag I'll refrain from posting them right now.

You asked for it!

Well the plan was to go to the Outback Steakhouse, so we did. Funny thing is, that morning we got a gift card in a thank-you note from a company we bought some carpet from or something, $50 for Outback. Wierd, eh?

I picked her up a few minutes before 7, already sweating with nervousness, she was waiting outside for me. So, I got out of my car and gave her a hug, and opened the car door for her, then I got in, and we drove off.

She gave me directions as we went there, making casual talk I guess. We got there, got out, and went inside, there was like a 20 minute wait so we decided to wait in my car with the vibrate alert box thing, on the way this guy saw us and said "hi," neither of us knew him, so we carried on a conversation of whether or not he knew what was going on, I say he did because we exchanged a look common only among males, she said he was just being nice. Eventually the thing rang so we went inside, and took our seats in a corner booth.

The waitress was really nice, and asked us if it was our first time here, and what the occasion was. "No, and its our first date." I ordered a seasoned steak which turned out to be fantastic, and the lady ordered the swordfish, which was the special for the night.

I got up to go wash my hands, and while I was gone the manager came out to see how things were going, because he had heard about our occasion. Upset that I missed him, I summoned him via the waitress later on in the meal, bear in mind I've never done that before, never done any of this actually. He came out, and I introduced myself and chit-chatted, and I told him that his wait staff was doing spectacular, and the food was good and it was a desirable place to go.

So, I payed using the gift card (felt pretty cheap using it though, but oh well), and we went back out to my car. It was around 9, and neither of us wanted to call it a night, so we went to the practice field at the high school, and walked around in the dark and hung out. We looked at the stars and talked, too, and stuff like that. At around 11, we left the field and I drove her back to her house. I went inside and met her mother (sort of, we'd hung out the weekend before with some of her other friends, but this time was different, obviously). We hung out in her room for about a half hour or so, and finally I went home. Got home around midnight, got online for a little bit, then went to bed.

That's about it. Any questions? Oh! Some of you might be interested in hearing my ultra-smooth lines, but to avoid being a douchebag I'll refrain from posting them right now.

To me, that sounds like a perfect first/second date. You did good, never mind the gift card!

You asked for it!

Cept for being in her room part....Sounds like a great first date!:thup:

SF, you mentioned that your date met you oustide. Did you go in and introduce yourself to her parent(s) before the date? Or did you already know them? I think it is important that girls' parents meet their dates beforehand. It is a sign of respect for the parents, and it may help the parents to know how worried they should be, lol!

Outback is a great place. Except the one near here doesn't open for lunch. Bugaboo Creek is just as good.

Where is date 2 going to be?

You asked for it!

"The stars are beautiful tonight, they remind me of your eyes" :bj2:

Forum List

Back