Finally got a new phone.

Gee, that must have been in about the mid-1990s. For a while, I had an early pro digital camera made by marrying a Nikon D90 body to a Kodak digital drive writing to a large PCMCIA card. It was a bulky thing to hold and carry but had about 5 megapixel resolution and took pretty nice pictures until Olympus came along and greatly improved the quality of digital.

That date is just about right.
The camera sucked unless you were taking stills.

These things are basically computers, and computers usually just need upgraded with better software.

I read once that an iPhone 6S has more computing power than all of the computers used to put a man on the moon combined...

As to amazing cameras, the day one of them can match a full frame CMOS sensor with 20 megapixel resolution using an aspheric f/1.2 lenses with flash capable of lighting a room 30 feet away, then I will be very amazed!

Well, they're really not supposed to do that. They're more for when you're hangin' out with friends at the bar or the ball game, or you're standing in front of the world's largest popcorn ball (which, strangely, I've done). That said, the "portrait" mode on the 12 Pro Max can go down to an f-stop of 1.4...

Oh, I've got an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I don't have to flip anything!
I used to have an iPhone. When iTunes stopped talking to it, I got rid of it and traded it in for a Galaxy. Never looked back. I dislike that everything Apple is so proprietary. Weird chargers, can't drag-and-drop pictures and music.

I wish you joy with your iPhone. I know some folks really, really like them.

I used to have an iPhone. When iTunes stopped talking to it, I got rid of it and traded it in for a Galaxy. Never looked back. I dislike that everything Apple is so proprietary. Weird chargers, can't drag-and-drop pictures and music.

I wish you joy with your iPhone. I know some folks really, really like them.

I think it's more a matter of the fact that I've had one for years.

And every iPhone I've bought has come with a charger so, weird or not, I'm never stuck...

Ya know, it's interesting whenever someone talks about getting smart phones or anything Windows/Computer related there's always someone who feels the need to chime in on how terrible these things are and how they refuse to use them.
Kinda funny if you think about it......... :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back