Finally, Florida Drug Test People On Welfare

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
Glad to finally see some common sense being applied for those who want Welfare

The Republican governor of Florida has just signed a bill into law that will require recipients of welfare to take a drug test when applying for aid. The law went into effect on July 1, and requires applicants to pay for the test. If an applicant tests positive for drugs, a family member can receive their benefits to distribute to any dependent children. If welfare recipients pass, they can apply to have the cost of the drug test reimbursed.
New Florida Law Requires Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients | The Atlanta Post

I posted on this awhile ago Meister and the Libs were outraged. Popping positive on a piss test, according to them, would "starve" children and deprive welfare recipients of food. A horrible, horrible thing - according to them.

I posted on this awhile ago Meister and the Libs were outraged. Popping positive on a piss test, according to them, would "starve" children and deprive welfare recipients of food. A horrible, horrible thing - according to them.

But if you just give welfare funds to drug addicts, they are not using the moneys on their children anyways.

Life's a bitch, huh. If the welfare addicts don't care that much about their own children to clean themselves up.....take the children from them and house them, feed them, and clothe them. The parents get nothing. That would be a good solution.

Life's a bitch, huh. If the welfare addicts don't care that much about their own children to clean themselves up.....take the children from them and house them, feed them, and clothe them. The parents get nothing. That would be a good solution.
sigh....that just punishes the children. Anyway you look at it, you punish children.

I'd like to see "term limits" on welfare as well. One year to get your feet back on the ground should suffice.

With frequent piss tests.

Some of these no-loads have been on food stamps for generations.

sigh....that just punishes the children. Anyway you look at it, you punish children.

A drug addicted parent is punishing children.

It's called neglect, while getting high. You're saying these people should be enabled at taxpayer's expense ?

Come on now.........

Don't you feel that a mother on meth or crack is punishing their children even more? Children that grow up in a drug environment have a higher chance of being a drugger themselves...wouldn't they?

And leaving them with thier parent(s) who is on drugs is good for the children?

The idea of welfare was to prop a person up long enough for them to fix thier shit up on thier own. Alot of the reason people stay on the dole is drug addiction. By making them pass tests to stay on the dole we may just enable them to get off the system and support themselves and thier families.

I'd like to see "term limits" on welfare as well. One year to get your feet back on the ground should suffice.

Alot of states have time limits don't know if they are enforced though, I know in Iowa the limit for welfare is 24 months however food stamps is a completely different program than welfare, there is no time limit on that.

Alot of states have time limits don't know if they are enforced though, I know in Iowa the limit for welfare is 24 months however food stamps is a completely different program than welfare, there is no time limit on that.

When I was living in Norfolk years ago - back during my Navy days - the public housing downtown - incredible. People hanging around, doing nothing. A Cadillac in every parking space. Boozing it up. Hanging out. Looking for work ? Hell no.

When I was living in Norfolk years ago - back during my Navy days - the public housing downtown - incredible. People hanging around, doing nothing. A Cadillac in every parking space. Boozing it up. Hanging out. Looking for work ? Hell no.
Welfare careers breed welfare careers.
I woman I used to deliver mail to was getting her welfare check monthly along with 18 year old daughter with 3 kids....it pissed me off to no end.
Another lady was getting 5 checks a month with different names on each check. I turned her ass in (could have cost me my job for doing that) Two months later she moved out.

Don't you feel that a mother on meth or crack is punishing their children even more? Children that grow up in a drug environment have a higher chance of being a drugger themselves...wouldn't they?

Fraud in welfare?
How could that be?
It's run by the government.

:lol:

In reality you probably saw one old cadillac and one or two people drinking.

Notice they aren't drug testing for booze.

There's a reason for that, and it isn't because booze is legal.

How? The children are still provided for through a third party. If the parents are addicts the children need to be removed anyway.

I probably wouldn'y even test for stuff like Pot and maybe E. My target would be Coke/Crack Heroin and Meth. Those are the ones that basically take over your life and make you a worthless wastoid, and are also the 3 most common. Maybe add PCP and LSD but the "big three" are the biggest problem

I probably wouldn'y even test for stuff like Pot and maybe E. My target would be Coke/Crack Heroin and Meth. Those are the ones that basically take over your life and make you a worthless wastoid, and are also the 3 most common. Maybe add PCP and LSD but the "big three" are the biggest problem

If you are going to test welfare recipients for drugs you have to go for the whole 9, you can't single out people who do coke and heroin but let people who smoke weed and do X get a pass.

How would that punish the child. The parent is a drug addict and not taking care of the child anyway.. Give it to a family that will care for him or her the way they deserve!!

Forum List

Back