Filling a gas-powered vehicle can still be cheaper than charging an electric one

Why?
do you drive 900 miles every time you get in your car?

Like a guy who buys an F350 4x4 with the top end tow package "because" he "needs" it to tow his jon-boat.
I cover every state east of the Mississippi and drive up to 8-10 hours out, 9 times out of 10 when reaching a hotel they have 1-2 charging stations meaning there would be night no charge would be available and there are many more just like me.

No, energy from oil is a huge worry, as indicated by the outrageous prices based on politics.
No reason why we should not start the process, and what is currently the problems will be overcome in time.
price are not terrible yet, if one owns a boat and buys at the marina, this is really not a big deal yet

Where is your marina and does it sell to 30'-60' motor yachts? Just curious
They may still have pre-war gas in their tanks and are not price gauging
Kentucky Lake, yes they have 100 plus footers in the marina now

Fossils receive nearly $6 TRILLION in subsidies annually.
If green energy got that level of support we'd all be driving EVs today.
If there were as many so called green energy as there are oil wells, refineries and other support ancillaries we would be exporting electricity to other countries.

It is interesting to me how "you people" ignore the basic reality of EV's.

MOST people who own EV's have more than one vehicle in the household. MOST of such people have either a garage where they park their car(s) or a place where it could be charged conveniently from home current. They will charge it every couple days and the battery will never go below 40% capacity.

MOST households will divide their vehicle use as follows: When it is easier and cheaper to use the EV, they use the EV (commuting to work, running errands, taking the kids to yoga classes, etc.). When they are going to take a trip, or won't have a chance to charge for a couple of days, they will take the ICE "CRV" (or equivalent).

Occasionally, they will take the EV to a local charging station for a quick, "free" charge, if available.

In short, there will be virtually no inconvenience whatsoever in owning an EV. It will bring about a significant savings in fuel costs annually, and the carbon footprint of the household will arguably be reduced. The ICE will benefit from having lower miles per year than before.

It is actually perverse how the anti-EV folks try to invent inconveniences and downsides that, in fact, won't come into play in the real world.

The magic numbers are already known: $35k/250mi/45min. When EV's can reach those levels, ICE cars will be like stick-shifts are now...gradually dying off, with a few holdouts refusing to embrace the inevitable.

I drive a stick.

Forum List

Back