Fighting Fraud Epidemic: CNBC

Monopoly

Rookie
Sep 11, 2011
12 hours ago a message appeared on CNBC financial channel saying "fighting fraud epidemic".

There are massive scams and frauds going on in many industries because world companies have massive debts and they need desperate money. Anybody can manipulate softwares and account statements and bills.

I receive marketing phone calls and when I receive it for 2 seconds, I get charged 4 times or 6 times or 14 times (yesterday) the normal rate

I am sure next time I will be charged 25 times and then 50 times and so on if I do not stop this nonsense immediately.

Once I slept on my mobile phone and the stored number dialed but my brother did not answer the call and I was charged 2 times.

I have been seriously over-charged on some 30 occasions.

People who look for bargains will give importance to £10 or £20 or £50 and so on. Some 6 years back, a kind woman donated $50 to a poor man in USA and he started crying and said "this $50 means a lot of money to me".

Today I cancelled the marketing call after 3 seconds and I was charged 14 times the normal rate.

So everybody please check your cell/mobile phone bills to see whether you are charged correct amount.

I am using pre-paid phone service. But this problem can happen anywhere in the world. There are serious hackings, unlimited computer viruses, system errors due to wrong programming, bugs etc.

Prepaid service maybe having the problem of over-charging because people do not check the amount they have been charged for each call.

Some 5 months back the faulty electricity meter in our residential building was changed since the fraud company was taken over by honest company. Now my monthly electricity bill is 50% less. The fraud company electricity tariff rate were some 50% higher than market rates and upon that the meter was faulty.

Just 5 minutes back I received a call from my brother and I was again charged twice the normal rate. Where in the world do they charge for incoming calls.

Everybody, there is good possibility that you are paying 10% or 20% more money every month for your electricity bills, phone bills and other bills.

There was police investigation 5 days back for over charging auto-richshaw meters in Mumbai India.

I know there is some problem going on with mobile phone companies because black berry has cut some 2000 jobs (not sure).

There are 16 Federal Secret police in USA. There is major problem going on over the internet.

Since Obama donated $50 Trillion to bankrupt companies and countries, the world economy is ruled by frauds and scams.

Marc Faber said "Obama speech is irrelavant for USA and European markets".

Donald TRUMP: Obama's Presidency May Be The Greatest Scam In The History Of The United States

So now world financial markets are completely out of control.

Americans say "Obama speaks and markets falls/crashes".

Majority of republicans is USA are from Ireland or Germans. Think about it.

The biggest problem is that the "over charging" message does not appear as SMS. It appears on the mobile phone and disappears if I press any button. So no proof.

Many times unanswered calls have been deducted from my account balance. I am losing lots of money and I am seriously angry.

Massive frauds and scams eat and take away multi-billion dollars from people worldwide. Nobody likes getting charged for marketing incoming calls because incoming calls are free in almost all the countries.

Last edited:
There is a GOT YA"" mentality going on with some major corporations nowadays, that's for damned sure.

Look at the outrages charges banks foist on you if you overdraw your account.

Note that they do not necessary coverr that check, but they're still going to charge some serious change for having received that uncovered check.

I have one bill I pay that the company wants to CHARGE ME if I pay it via phone.

Now think about that.

Wait, you mean you want me to pay you $5 to pay YOU to take the money that I I'm PAYING YOU?!?!

All perfectly legal of course.

• Banned
The world is a global village. Frauds and scams of similar nature happen in 200 countries because the same softwares and systems is used in majority of countries.

I have world information and I am sharing it here since forums are for discussions.

• Banned
Look at the outrages charges banks foist on you if you overdraw your account.

"2 Payments Bug" With Credit Cards

Some years back, I had "2 payments bug" problem with my credit card issued by ICICI bank India. The same amount transactions took place twice within 2 seconds. I was forced by ICICI to pay twice the amount for my credit card payments so I closed my ICICI bank account.

I do not know whether the "2 payments bug" still exists with credit cards. Just wanted to warn people here since if somebody makes a big payment for their credit card and they are asked to pay twice the amount then it will be great financial loss.

The banks will be very strict when there is duplicate big payments because the banks will not want to lose big money also. So be careful when there is big payments.

Example 1:

Time: 11.00:01 $1000

Time: 11.00:01 $1000 (duplicate/bug)

Example 2:

Time: 12.00:01 $2000

Time: 12.00:02 $2000 (duplicate/bug)

I think it is not possible to make 2 payments with 1 second difference.

I am not scaring anybody. Just providing information.

Reply from employee of disputes department of a bank:

It is possible for payments to be made seconds apart, it's usually a system error rather than human error. It happens every single day to someone somehwere, it's not unusual. I work in the disputes department of a bank and can guarantee speaking to at least 3 customers every day regarding duplicated transactions. They're always corrected either by the bank or the retailer, the customer never has to pay for the second transaction. To say that banks do this for profit and that bank staff are not trained is ridiculous.

More:

Did anyone here had similar "2 payments bug" problem because people in other countries have also had this problems.

Some bank employees do not understand simple language inspite of all the facts and information provided to them. They just need money so that their company earns profits and their targets are achieved.

Employees of many banks are not educated properly and they do not know how to help people and solve their problems. So it is important that the bank you are dealing with, have qualified and helpful employees. I think ICICI bank has employee problems.

Forum List

Back