FIFA chief urges Iran to allow women at stadiums

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't know why Iran has such a big problem allowing women in stadiums. The Iranian women in the West attend sporting events, and nobody is the worse for it. They can have a "women's only" section in their stadiums.

Sepp Blatter says despite raising the issue with President Hassan Rouhani two years ago, "nothing has happened".
07 Mar 2015 03:55 GMT | Sport, Middle East

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
  • Reddit.png
  • share.png

• Email.png
  • SendFeedback.png
03cf85831d6e482580a9989a359cc5fa_18.jpg

Iran is one of the few countries that block women from attending football matches, but has permitted female fans at some other sports venues [AP]
FIFA President Sepp Blatter has urged Iran to end the ban on women watching football in stadiums, describing the situation as “intolerable”.

In comments published on Friday in FIFA's weekly magazine ahead of International Women's Day, Blatter said that despite his efforts to convince Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to let women attend matches when he met him in 2013, "nothing has happened".

"I raised the topic at my meeting with President of Iran Hassan Rouhani, and came away with the impression that this intolerable situation could change over the medium term," Blatter wrote in the letter titled “An appeal to Iran.”

I don't know why Iran has such a big problem allowing women in stadiums. The Iranian women in the West attend sporting events, and nobody is the worse for it. They can have a "women's only" section in their stadiums.

Sepp Blatter says despite raising the issue with President Hassan Rouhani two years ago, "nothing has happened".

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
  • Reddit.png
  • share.png

• Email.png
  • SendFeedback.png

Iran is one of the few countries that block women from attending football matches, but has permitted female fans at some other sports venues [AP]
FIFA President Sepp Blatter has urged Iran to end the ban on women watching football in stadiums, describing the situation as “intolerable”.

In comments published on Friday in FIFA's weekly magazine ahead of International Women's Day, Blatter said that despite his efforts to convince Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to let women attend matches when he met him in 2013, "nothing has happened".

"I raised the topic at my meeting with President of Iran Hassan Rouhani, and came away with the impression that this intolerable situation could change over the medium term," Blatter wrote in the letter titled “An appeal to Iran.”
Women should stay home and watch the game on TV. ..... :cool:

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png
  • Reddit.png
  • share.png

• Email.png
  • SendFeedback.png

Women should stay home and watch the game on TV. ..... :cool:
Wouldn't want to risk you going down and coming up with anything other than a mouth full of dick now would we?

If FIFA excluded countries that did not allow women to go to games from the FIFA competitions, maybe these countries would change their ridiculous policies.

If FIFA excluded countries that did not allow women to go to games from the FIFA competitions, maybe these countries would change their ridiculous policies.

Yeah, that would make for a non Muslim World Cup and Olympic games.

Until Muslims change their barbaric behavior.

That's why Italy banned Islam as an official religion, oppression and chauvinism towards women. Kudos to the Italians.

Forum List

Back