Ferraro steps down from Clinton campaign

What I would like to know, is why people choose to acknowledge Obama's black side, but not his white side. They guys half-white. (Well French anyway). Do you think the race card is being overplayed in this instance?

And as far as racism goes, my opinion is that it's not racism unless you hate an entire race of people, no matter what. Ex: Someone comes over from another race and talks to you. They person is exactly like you in everyway, but he's a different race, and you hate him because of that. The guy may sace your life, but you still hate him cause he's from another race. (that's racist). If you just hate certain people from different races because of their life-style, then that's not racist at all. Ex: Some blacks are gangsters (I don't care for them too much), some are racists themselves cause they think whites are out to get them. ( I don't care for them much either). However, I do know black people that I would sit down and have a beer with any day. I've got black friends I went to college with that I have no problem talking to about racial issues.

I think people look at racism in black and white.---ha ha I made a joke:rofl:

Some of his supporters do insist that he's half white and while that is certainly true to me it makes them sound somewhat racist themselves...as if they mean there is something lacking in describing him as black.

What puzzles me however is the concept that saying his being black helps him is racist. Maybe because I do believe it helps him. He represents something important to Democrats--a chance for racial equality. If he were a white man he wouldn't offer that chance and he wouldn't be as exciting. Hillary represents the chance to break the glass ceiling, so her being a woman also helps her.

I dunno, it confuses me.

Yeah, it's a pretty confusing topic, especially when people begin to over-think things. I think people are too quick to jump to the conclusion of being racist. He's really using what he has to win the nomination. No matter who wins the democrat nomination, it will be historical.

I do have one concern, I know it shouldn't matter but I've often thought about it. It's apparent that alot of African-American have resentment for their never being a black president or not many blacks involved in the government. My question is, do you think that "if" Obama wins the presidency, will we see a kind of "In your face!" attitude from the African-American population? I'm not trying to sound "racist" for those of you who think everything anyone says is racist, however, I'm curious to see how that attitude of black Americans will change, if at all. Things may go on as usual, but I am worried that it may even create a bigger divide.

LOL! You mean they'd get all uppity?

I doubt it. I think he'd be a good role model if president. Someone parents can point to as an example.

HA HA...yeah I know....but it was a thought of mine. You know how people can get, even at a personal level. They finally beat you in that game of basketball...and they're all in your face about it. I'm sure it won't be a big deal, but it was just a thought.

Geraldine Fararro, and those bitches from Saturday night live (Tina and her sidekick Amy), are showing their vaginal desperation to push their candidate. I kid you not, I had a conversation about "where is fararro" about two days before she popped back up on the radar and, to be honest, i'm quite tired of Clinton supporters crying foul with Obama when, if anything, they are doing the exact same thing with the birkenstock and jeep crowd.

You're exactly right. If you're going to do the same thing, at least do it and quit griping that the other guy's doin it too. What I'm tired of is all of this, "It's time for a black president" and "It's time for a woman president" crap. I have no problem with either, but I'm not going to vote because "it's time" for one, I'm going to vote based on what I believe in and if it matches up to one of the candidates. Does this irritate anyone else?

Geraldine Fararro, and those bitches from Saturday night live (Tina and her sidekick Amy), are showing their vaginal desperation to push their candidate. I kid you not, I had a conversation about "where is fararro" about two days before she popped back up on the radar and, to be honest, i'm quite tired of Clinton supporters crying foul with Obama when, if anything, they are doing the exact same thing with the birkenstock and jeep crowd.

Feeling a bit misogynistic today?

not at all. I just find it hilarious that the lilith fair crowd wants to cry about obama's support being based on his skin color when clinton might as well be handing out the vagina monologues at her rallies.

this is that fabled "consistency" you see in my posts.

I honestly don't get that. If I'm happy a black man is a candidate for president does that make me racist?

That is not the point. You would not be a racist in saying that about yourself. Color should make no difference one way or another. Yet, someone else made the comment about the candidate.

That is not the point. You would not be a racist in saying that about yourself. Color should make no difference one way or another. Yet, someone else made the comment about the candidate.

I give up. I'm just going to stock up on popcorn and watch Hillary and Obama destroy each other.

thats the line of separation though.. I dont see Obama trying to fight back with the same weapon as Clinton. Where Clinton is letting her goons play politics as usual, Obama has reacted like an actual leader should.

“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position,” she said. “And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.”
No, this is not a racists statement. But it undermines Obama's qualities, which are much better than Hillary's qualities.

Forum List

Back