Ferguson Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
As the news has come out that racism was rampant in the Ferguson PD, heads have begun to roll. So far two cops and a clerk are gone as a result of the federal investigation into the crooked PD. This is pretty good news to me. Hopefully the PD will be disbanded just like the other racist PD Wilson was fired from. Who knows what other racism will never be verified? What will be the lesson learned for other similarly racist PD's around the country?

2 Ferguson police officers quit court clerk fired after Justice report - CNN.com

Most people will slowly forget it ever happened... until the next time

The only reason that Officer Wilson wasn't indicted was that he'd left the force before it could happen.

However...............not only does the police force need to be revamped, but the Chief of Police needs to be fired and sent home.

Crappy leadership (like what the Chief provided) needs to be cut out of an organization that is supposed to protect and serve.

Department of Justice: "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" Never Happened

Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson. As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible for otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time. Certain other witnesses who originally stated Brown had his hands up in surrender recanted their original accounts, admitting that they did not witness the shooting or parts of it, despite what they initially reported either to federal or local law enforcement or to the media.

Department of Justice Hands Up Don t Shoot Never Happened - Conn Carroll

Wilson wasn't indicted because both a Grand Jury and the Justice Department stated there was no evidence to warrant an indictment. Had nothing to do with his leaving the FPD. If there had been even a moderate chance of a conviction, the Justice Department/Holder would have tried to crucify Wilson.

Now, this is not to say that racism did not exist within the FPD, for it surely did. But the clear findings were that racism was not shown to play a role in the incident in question.

Wilson wasn't indicted because both a Grand Jury and the Justice Department stated there was no evidence to warrant an indictment. Had nothing to do with his leaving the FPD. If there had been even a moderate chance of a conviction, the Justice Department/Holder would have tried to crucify Wilson.

Now, this is not to say that racism did not exist within the FPD, for it surely did. But the clear findings were that racism was not shown to play a role in the incident in question.
Thats pretty silly to say there was racism in the PD but it didnt play a role in the incident. I cant believe you actually said that.

I didn't say that.......the Grand Jury and the Justice Dept. said that.....??? In spite of all the effort to make the incident racist motivated, neither of these found evidence of such.

Don't see how that is silly. Racism exists across the Country, is any incident that occurs based on racially motivated?

I didn't say that.......the Grand Jury and the Justice Dept. said that.....??? In spite of all the effort to make the incident racist motivated, neither of these found evidence of such.

Don't see how that is silly. Racism exists across the Country, is any incident that occurs based on racially motivated?
Its silly because a racist organization is going to make racist decisions. This organization fostered a racially discriminating atmosphere and hence all actions were tainted with racism.

Communities that don't want to be policed shouldn't be policed. Leave them alone. Maybe they will form their own policing service.

Its silly because a racist organization is going to make racist decisions. This organization fostered a racially discriminating atmosphere and hence all actions were tainted with racism.

How broad is that brush you paint with? Your comment if far more silly than mine. Reason being, I merely stated what the Justice System and Department stated in their findings. You, on the other hand, pretend to have the ability to know the minds of all involved. Mystic? Hmm

Ferguson cop issues parking ticket to a white citizen of Ferguson...........RACIST, RACIST I SAY! Seriously........? No, silly

How broad is that brush you paint with? Your comment if far more silly than mine. Reason being, I merely stated what the Justice System and Department stated in their findings. You, on the other hand, pretend to have the ability to know the minds of all involved. Mystic? Hmm

Ferguson cop issues parking ticket to a white citizen of Ferguson...........RACIST, RACIST I SAY! Seriously........? No, silly
Its only as broad as the report that outlines the racism in that citys PD.

How do you define "racism within a police department?" I mean, blacks commit disproportionately more crimes than whites do, so does it mean that they arrested whites more? Because that's really the only way it can be racist. Arresting more blacks simply follows the statistics of black crime in America.

How do you define "racism within a police department?" I mean, blacks commit disproportionately more crimes than whites do, so does it mean that they arrested whites more? Because that's really the only way it can be racist. Arresting more blacks simply follows the statistics of black crime in America.
Just like you define racism anywhere. If you target a particular race as the Ferguson PD has been proven to do, you are practicing racism.

If someone calls 911 and says a black man just snatched her purse, and the cops arrest a black man, is that targeting blacks?

What if blacks commit more crimes (which they do)?

If someone calls 911 and says a black man just snatched her purse, and the cops arrest a black man, is that targeting blacks?

What if blacks commit more crimes (which they do)?
What does that have to do with anything? What if they call 911 and they say a white meth head just broke into their house and the cops arrest a white man. Is that targeting whites.

According to you, yes. Thats the point. How do you "target blacks?" If blacks commit the crimes, wouldn't you tend to arrest them more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back