female president

what do you think of the U.S. hving a women president? do you think its their nature?

yes and yes

The U.S. is one of the few developed nations to not have had a woman President or Prime Minister yet. I find that embarrassing.

yes and yes

The U.S. is one of the few developed nations to not have had a woman President or Prime Minister yet. I find that embarrassing.

Well I have no idea why you would be embarassed by pointless gestures.

Who cares if the President is a man or a woman as long as its the best person?

Because due to sexist thinking like 'do women have it in their nature to be president?' the only viable candidates have been men despite the fact that more than half the people on this planet and in this country are female.

I'm not even sure I know what the hell " having it in your nature" means.

I'm not either. I'm guessing it implies intelligence, cunning, diplomacy, ruthlessness, grace under pressure... Presidentialness.

I'm not either. I'm guessing it implies intelligence, cunning, diplomacy, ruthlessness, grace under pressure... Presidentialness.

By looking at the last couple decades a smart mynah bird could do it. It just takes a good agent--er party backing.

what do you think of the U.S. hving a women president? do you think its their nature?

Provided she is intelligent, educated and strong, I don't think Americans would give it a second thought. That said, I think we'll see a woman at VP before we see a woman at POTUS. I'm not being sexist, I just think that this is how it will progress. Hilary *might* be able to pull it off (straight to POTUS), but I don't see any other woman in politics having the pull to manage it.

I agree...it's just sad that politics and American democracy as it stands and has always stood never votes in the most capable person to the job but rather who appeals to us.

I agree...it's just sad that politics and American democracy as it stands and has always stood never votes in the most capable person to the job but rather who appeals to us.

Which makes being able to contol thier image quite important. These days it seems to just take two things---money and media.

Do they suggest kids read The Selling of the President anymore ?

Forum List

Back