Fellow traveler defined:

Is Trump a Fascist

• Yep

• But Hillary .....

• Yep, and I support him and will vote for him

• Who cares? I hate liberals, Democrats, Progressives, women, blacks, Mexicans, Muslims and HRC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
a person who sympathizes with and often furthers the ideals and program of an organized group (as the Communist party) without membership in the group or regular participation in its activities.

Is it fair to assume that Trump supporters are fellow travelers, and support Trump's rhetoric which mirrors many of the 14 points of fascism?
  • Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
  • Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
  • Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
  • Supremacy of the Military
  • Rampant Sexism
  • Controlled Mass Media
  • Obsession with National Security
  • Religion and Government are Intertwined
  • Corporate Power is Protected
  • Labor Power is Suppressed
  • Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
  • Obsession with Crime and Punishment
  • Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
  • Fraudulent Elections
In one way or another, each one of these topics has been part of Trump's stump message, and applauded by his supporters. If these points actually pinpoint fascism, the fellow travelers who will vote for Trump ought to come out of the closet and champion fascism in America.

No matter who wins this election, it's a good reminder that any group of people can open the door to fascism, given the right combination of circumstances. For years we have turned up our noses at the Germans for allowing Hitler, as if we were somehow "better" than them. Nope. I'm just surprised that a recession could trigger us so powerfully. We're quite the spoilt babies, are we not?

Well even when fascism spread through germany it was largely unpopular, its like asking a klansmen to take off his hood

Donald is a populist, which can quickly descend into fascism. Most fascist regimes came out of populist movements, and quite honestly, I cannot think of a populist that did not end up establishing authoritarian rule.

Populists leach off of national outrage, pander to anyone that supports them, and their followers develop cults of personalities centered around own perception of the perfect ruler.

another boring one-sided partisan poll.

th

The key element of fascism is the demand for lock-step conformity. Anybody who actually knows history realizes the symbolism inherent in the selection of the fasces as the emblam, as the bundle of sticks represented a group of people absolutely united in group think and the blade represented the power such utter conformity could wield.

Trump is an ass and a demagogue for certain, but it seems especially arch to me that the very individuals who indulge in authoritarian leftist forms of group think are the first to accuse him of being the fascist. Don't these people have some safe spaces to create and microagreesions to reveal?

a person who sympathizes with and often furthers the ideals and program of an organized group (as the Communist party) without membership in the group or regular participation in its activities.

Is it fair to assume that Trump supporters are fellow travelers, and support Trump's rhetoric which mirrors many of the 14 points of fascism?
  • Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
  • Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
  • Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
  • Supremacy of the Military
  • Rampant Sexism
  • Controlled Mass Media
  • Obsession with National Security
  • Religion and Government are Intertwined
  • Corporate Power is Protected
  • Labor Power is Suppressed
  • Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
  • Obsession with Crime and Punishment
  • Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
  • Fraudulent Elections
In one way or another, each one of these topics has been part of Trump's stump message, and applauded by his supporters. If these points actually pinpoint fascism, the fellow travelers who will vote for Trump ought to come out of the closet and champion fascism in America.
Imo fascist is too narrow.

Demagogue - Wikipedia

It's not a new act, but we haven't seen it recently. It's unfortunate Hillary's such a weak candidate. A JFK or Reagan or even Goldwater would tear him a new one in short order.

• Banned

th

Huh, the poll has very little to do with the thread. Did you bother to read the 14 points and apply them to the words used by Trump in his rise to the nomination, and has doubled down on them subsequently (when not reading the words on the teleprompter placed their by those who try to reign him in)?

th

Huh, the poll has very little to do with the thread. Did you bother to read the 14 points and apply them to the words used by Trump in his rise to the nomination, and has doubled down on them subsequently (when not reading the words on the teleprompter placed their by those who try to reign him in)?

When I saw the poll, I saw there was no reason to read the message.

You might want to think about that in the future

Forum List

Back