Feeling sorry for employers who claim they can't find workers

We offer 30 to start.....zero experience which is a leap of faith on employers part........and still can't find people.. Poaching from others working their people 14 hr days

We didn't hire unless we could pay our starting wage which was $17.96 per hour around 2000. If we didn't pay that we wouldn't have found workers. We had guys on our concrete side pouring and those building the structures. Good employers have no problems finding workers. Sketchy ones struggle.
so if the government stepped in and paid the 25 hr to not work what would happen??

you would either not get workers or have to raise your prices to even out the books,,,

Do you really expect a decent worker to apply for a minimum wage job? If so,nwhy? Please explain. I'm not asking to raise the minimum wage. I'm saying you have zero right to say "nobody wants to work anymore, which we all know is blatantly false in all regards,when the pay is low. You cannot have it both ways.

We didn't hire unless we could pay our starting wage which was $17.96 per hour around 2000. If we didn't pay that we wouldn't have found workers. We had guys on our concrete side pouring and those building the structures. Good employers have no problems finding workers. Sketchy ones struggle.
You hired skilled workers. Compare that to hiring Johnny "Hasn't graduated from high school yet" McDonald's hamburger flipper. Show some intellectual honesty for a change. Admit you are full of shit!

Do you really expect a decent worker to apply for a minimum wage job? If so,nwhy? Please explain. I'm not asking to raise the minimum wage. I'm saying you have zero right to say "nobody wants to work anymore, which we all know is blatantly false in all regards,when the pay is low. You cannot have it both ways.
"NOBODY" is a catch all,, the problem is the government is paying people more to not work and business are either closing or raising prices, and in some cases ends up closing the business,,

We all know employees aren't there to help grow a business. That is the employers job. It does involve hiring and trimming back. An employee views it as only a means to a paycheck. That is part of it all.

I had three people leave my employ during the pandemic.

One, from my Accounting Department, was a Navy wife and her husband was getting transferred from Mayport, Florida to San Diego, California. I had one guy from my warehouse go to work for the St. Augustine Police Department, and another is a partner at a new restaurant in Jacksonville.

I'm proud of the fact that I had to let no one go. The three who left all did so on their own, and no bridges were burned in the process!

The reason a lot of employers are having problems finding employees is because of complaceny on the part of the workers. They got bored and, then, disinterested...

I am an advocate for kids staying at home longer, working for a good wage,saving, and not paying some awful landlord rent. Everyone in that situation wins. saving money, even not getting married or having kids but instead buying things they want, is not a bad thing for the nation.

I am an advocate for kids staying at home longer, working for a good wage,saving, and not paying some awful landlord rent. Everyone in that situation wins. saving money, even not getting married or having kids but instead buying things they want, is not a bad thing for the nation.
thats doesnt address my statement,,

We offer 30 to start.....zero experience which is a leap of faith on employers part........and still can't find people.. Poaching from others working their people 14 hr days

What industry, or company, would pay $30 an hour for someone with absolutely no job experience in the field?

Kinda' sounds like Hunter Biden!

30 an hour is pretty darn good. Kudos to you for stepping up. What many Americans today want is a job well done but with mediocre pay.

What industry, or company, would pay $30 an hour for someone with absolutely no job experience in the field?

Kinda' sounds like Hunter Biden!
There is no excess slack.....were up 30% and can't keep up with no end in site

New Topics

Forum List

Back