Feds prepare criminal corruption charges against Senator Bob Menendez

This is most likely the source of the charges

Dr. Salomon E. Melgen, a wealthy Florida eye surgeon, has always been happy to help out his friend, Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey.

He rushed to the senator’s side when Mr. Menendez’s mother died, flew him around on his private jet and delivered hundreds of thousands of dollars to benefit Mr. Menendez and the national Democratic Party.

Mr. Menendez, a Democrat, has also been helpful to Dr. Melgen, according to records and interviews, in ways that could bring the doctor a highly lucrative windfall.

Two years ago, Dr. Melgen, despite an apparent lack of experience in border security issues, bought an ownership interest in a company that had a long-dormant contract with the Dominican Republic to provide port security. Mr. Menendez, who is chairman of the Senate subcommittee that holds sway over the Dominican Republic, subsequently urged officials in the State and Commerce Departments to intervene so the contract would be enforced, at an estimated value of $500 million.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/01/n...onor-are-scrutinized.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Good. If half of what I read is true than he deserves to be prosecuted. We'll see how it all plays out.

He criticized the king. Therefore he has to go. Democrats are happy to eat their own to protect the crown.

A corrupt AG prosecuting a corrupt Senator who criticized him. That was his REAL offense.

Couldn't happen to a nicer scumbag

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department is preparing to bring criminal corruption charges against New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez, alleging he used his Senate office to push the business interests of a Democratic donor and friend in exchange for gifts.

First on CNN Feds prepare criminal corruption charges against Senator Bob Menendez - CNN.com

My goodness... if Holder, being the embodiment of subjectivism ... is pressing a Democrat Senator, it's a flat certainty that THAT guy is on time-sync'd video witnessed by the Pope and a mid-western Deacon committing whatever crime he's committed.

Those circumstances ALONE state "GUILTY TO THE BONE!". Save the country to the cost of the trial and just take his ass straight to prison.

It's almost like.....

BREAKING: DOJ To Bring Corruption Charges Against Top Dem Sen. Bob Menendez…"
130305_robert_menendez_ap_605-550x298.jpg

Oh my.

Via National Journal:

The Department of Justice is preparing to charge Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez , the ranking member of the Senate’s Foreign Relations Committee, with corruption, CNN reported Friday.

According to the news outlet, Menendez is facing allegations that he traded his political influence for perks and favors from a top donor, Dr. Salmon Melgen—an eye doctor and political backer.

While a formal announcement could still be weeks from now, CNN reported that Attorney General Eric Holder has given the greenlight to move forward with the case before time runs out to pursue some of the charges.

Not to worry, we'll be hearing from the Democrat base on how he DESERVED it

mark my words

they can come up with some cute name like, Metraysus

Say, guys, gals, dimocrap scum.....

Do you know when Bob Menendez was elected last and when his term runs out?

I do.

Do you know who the Governor of New Joisey is?

I do.

You dims run to your mommies and ask her what all that might mean -- Go ahead, I'll wait right here

This is what happens to people, ESPECIALLY dims, who disagree with Adolf obama....

Bad things happen.

Remember these principled stands by Menendez?

NJ Dem Top Critic of Obama Iran Deal...
FLASHBACK: President's Talking Points 'Straight Out of Tehran'...
Blasted deal with Cuba...
Obama's actions have vindicated 'brutal behavior'...

White House's least favorite Dem...

This is a message to all dimocrap filth, loud and clear -- Do NOT disobey Big Brother.

Ever

This is going to be massive news tonight and for a while -- Everywhere.

And, believe it or not, dimocrap morons, it will probably take precedence over your concern about what sex you are -- If any.

I'm thinking mindless drones

DOJ doing this?

Is Holder trying to sort of "last minute rehabilitate" himself?

No. They've had the goods on him for Months and Months.

Adolf obama just now okayed it because Menendez went against him one too many times -- The latest on his clusterfuck deal with Iran.

Had Menendez played ball and toed the Company Line, I guarantee you this wouldn't have happened. No way.

Adolf obama is sending a message loud and clear to his scumbag followers -- Get in line or else.

This is MAJOR NEWS, people.

Guess our resident dimocrap scumbags are waiting for input from their masters.

Dailykooks, Politico, dummieunderground, etc, are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Mindless drones don't do well without instructions.

What's the matter dimocrap scum? Where's the snappy retorts? The clever responses?

Menendez is HISTORY. And Chris Christie is New Joisey's Governor.

Make that; Patriotic Republicans, 56. scum of the earth dimocraps, 44

For now. I'm thinking we take another 2 or 3 seats in '16

Good! One of my least liked Senators. Throw his corrupt butt out!

A New Jersey politician embroiled in a corruption scandal? Shocking, I tell you. Just shocking.......

Forum List

Back