Federal raid on Gibson Guitars....retaliatory harassment?

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
This is pretty bizarre and scary. What else is the Obama administration doing in secret?

http://www.examiner.com/conservativ...-raid-on-gibson-guitar-retaliatory-harassment

It's good to be King!
obamakingsbag.jpg

Last edited:
Umm...WTF???
This actually happened. According to Gibson lawyers the FED has arrested no one, have not returned nor given Gibson officials a statement or explanation as to what reason, specifically, did they come onto their property with handguns and automatic weapons and seized their property. They have not provided to Gibson, or anyone else, where did they get the information that the wood was illegal...provided any documentation whatsoever of said.

This is a f*cking outrage. Where the hell is the media on this??

For illegal wood???????? Are you serious??
Anyone here realize how much Chinese paper is sold in America where the only proof that the pulp is certified is strictly by the word of the Chinese government??
No one confiscates the millions of tons of suspected pulp.

Yet they seize a couple pallets of wood of an American company without providing a shred of proof?

File this under priceless…

Mrs. Obama presented Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy with the Gibson guitar on Saturday before the first ladies visited the Cathedral de Norte Dame de Strasbourg, along with the rest of the NATO Summit spouses. The Gibson Hummingbird apparently hit the right chord with Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy, as the Mrs. Obama’s office reported that the two women really hit it off and enjoyed a private lunch together that lasted for more than one hour.
Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy is a former model, and is also a singer/songwriter. She has released three albums, the last of which, As If Nothing Happened, was released in July 2008. She plays acoustic guitar on many of her songs.

Michelle Obama Gives French First Lady a Gibson Guitar

now, they are on the hit list....did anyone check Carlas gibson?

This is pretty bizarre and scary. What else is the Obama administration doing in secret?

Federal raid on Gibson Guitars--retaliatory harassment? - National Conservative | Examiner.com

It's good to be King!
obamakingsbag.jpg

It's probably a new regulatory agency that has been set up in this administration to raid guitar shop owners to make certain they're using the proper wood.
Hey, no joke--if they're going to write new legislation for Goat herders--why not guitar manufacturers.

Regulatory Agencies Boom Under Obama Administration

File this under priceless…

Mrs. Obama presented Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy with the Gibson guitar on Saturday before the first ladies visited the Cathedral de Norte Dame de Strasbourg, along with the rest of the NATO Summit spouses. The Gibson Hummingbird apparently hit the right chord with Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy, as the Mrs. Obama’s office reported that the two women really hit it off and enjoyed a private lunch together that lasted for more than one hour.
Mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy is a former model, and is also a singer/songwriter. She has released three albums, the last of which, As If Nothing Happened, was released in July 2008. She plays acoustic guitar on many of her songs.

Michelle Obama Gives French First Lady a Gibson Guitar

now, they are on the hit list....did anyone check Carlas gibson?

Your right - that is priceless...you can't make that sh*t up!

Why was Gibson raided and not Martin? They use the same wood. And the issue isn't the wood itself, it's the finishing of the wood thats the issue. Under Indian domestic law, the wood must be finished by Indians. But of course that's not under US law.

So why was a US agency attempting to enforce Indian domestic laws?

This is just goofy.

This is not only about wood being used for guitars they are also seizing vintage guitars and other instruments from musicians that are taking their music out of the country without the "Proper" documentation. How much documentation do you have on the fret of a 100 year old vintage guitar??
My bigger question is What is our government doing with the seized instruments?? What good does it do to take guitars that have provided countless hours of entertainment to be put in a box never to be heard from again because of a piece of hardwood. :cuckoo:

Guitar Frets: Environmental Enforcement Leaves Musicians in Fear | Postmodern Times - WSJ.com

This is a joke thread right?

My darling ex husband has a Martin D35. This is gold. He and I love it. lol, more than our kids. Just keeeeeeeeding. Actually no. We really do love it more than the kids. It's the only thing we could agree on not to part with.

Umm...WTF???
This actually happened. According to Gibson lawyers the FED has arrested no one, have not returned nor given Gibson officials a statement or explanation as to what reason, specifically, did they come onto their property with handguns and automatic weapons and seized their property. They have not provided to Gibson, or anyone else, where did they get the information that the wood was illegal...provided any documentation whatsoever of said.

This is a f*cking outrage. Where the hell is the media on this??

For illegal wood???????? Are you serious??
Anyone here realize how much Chinese paper is sold in America where the only proof that the pulp is certified is strictly by the word of the Chinese government??
No one confiscates the millions of tons of suspected pulp.

Yet they seize a couple pallets of wood of an American company without providing a shred of proof?

I'm a libertarian so I find this nonsense such but have you ever heard of the "stamp act of 1765."

Stamp Act 1765 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then people say the tea party is full of shit?

Yeah... this is a bullshit story. I also own a Martin D35. Mine is a newer one made out of East Indian Rosewood, but... Brand new Brazilian rosewood guitars are still available for purchase(using old stock that has already been purchased before the ban was implemented)....And I am pretty involved in the guitar scene and I've never heard anything about people's vintage guitars being confiscated.

What are they going to do? Plant the guitar into the ground and hope that a tree pops up?

Did anyone EVER think that perhaps the Fish and Wildlife Service got a tip that Gibson was using illegal wood? People... I love guitars...I have a terminal case of GAS(Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) that only my finances can temper.

This is simply a continuation of the paranoia from the far right. Just like the NRA screaming "They're coming to take your guns!!!". It's bullshit.

Yeah... this is a bullshit story. I also own a Martin D35. Mine is a newer one made out of East Indian Rosewood, but... Brand new Brazilian rosewood guitars are still available for purchase(using old stock that has already been purchased before the ban was implemented)....And I am pretty involved in the guitar scene and I've never heard anything about people's vintage guitars being confiscated.

What are they going to do? Plant the guitar into the ground and hope that a tree pops up?

Did anyone EVER think that perhaps the Fish and Wildlife Service got a tip that Gibson was using illegal wood? People... I love guitars...I have a terminal case of GAS(Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) that only my finances can temper.

This is simply a continuation of the paranoia from the far right. Just like the NRA screaming "They're coming to take your guns!!!". It's bullshit.

Gibson Guitar Corp. Responds to Federal Raid

Sorry but it's not paranoia from the far right...it's just one more example of Eric Holder having his head up his ass. What the heck is wrong with this Administration? They complain about the Private Sector not jumping in with both feet to help the economy recover but then they go after a company that hired 500 additional workers this year for violating some obscure Indian regulation designed to protect Indian workers jobs? If this was the premise of a movie nobody would buy it because it's so absurd and yet it's happening. God but we need some people with a little common sense in charge.

Last edited:

What year?

My ex and my Martin we're talking the early 70's but we're talking downchild and rush up yonge street.

I think you are a liar.

Wait a minute here.

You are involved in the "guitar scene"

Holy shit are you in music or not? What the fuck here? I'm the real deal. What type of shit are you? Prove yourself now.

Federal raid on Gibson Guitars....retaliatory harassment?

Retailiation for WHAT?

Because Gibson supposedly violated Indian law that only Indian workers are allowed to finish the rosewood fret boards that are being exported. Nice how Eric Holder and "Team Obama" work so hard to protect bogus rights of Indian workers while they put Americans out of work.

Forum List

Back